1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 17:36
    @trev33 said
    I’d say if you’re willing to spend £100 on a pair of earphones I wouldn’t be putting it into a reasonably priced bracket.
    Perhaps not but having noticed a pair of Bose ones at £319 in Curry’s 😮 it seemed mid-range. Last paid £15 two years ago for a Phillips pair which fall out, get tangled up and sound awful, plus a £25 duty free pair for someone which didn’t impress so it’s what I’m going to have to splash out I guess.
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 17:38
    @divegeester said
    Reviews here.

https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-wireless-earbuds-budget-and-premium
    Thanks, looks an excellent comprehensive review from a reputable source.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 18:47
    @drewnogal said
    Perhaps not but having noticed a pair of Bose ones at £319 in Curry’s 😮 it seemed mid-range. Last paid £15 two years ago for a Phillips pair which fall out, get tangled up and sound awful, plus a £25 duty free pair for someone which didn’t impress so it’s what I’m going to have to splash out I guess.
    Yeah you can pay crazy prices for some, bit like sunglasses, never spend anything more than £30 on something I’m likely to sit on and break or just lose. Sometimes it’s nice to splash out though, especially if it’s for much better quality.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 18:57
    @drewnogal said
    Half the price of the most expensive type? Up to £100 if they have a great sound quality and they mustn’t fall out.
    That doesn't work out - you can buy earphones for thousands of gold-plated audiofool dollars if you really want to.

I advise not wanting to, but you can.
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 19:04
    @shallow-blue said
    That doesn't work out - you can buy earphones for thousands of gold-plated audiofool dollars if you really want to.

I advise not wanting to, but you can.
    Just want a decent upgrade on what I have which is more suited to my need. Would prefer not to spend too much, that’s why I’m seeking advice here.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    02 Oct '21 19:12
    @trev33 said
    Yeah you can pay crazy prices for some, bit like sunglasses, never spend anything more than £30 on something I’m likely to sit on and break or just lose. Sometimes it’s nice to splash out though, especially if it’s for much better quality.
    I went mad on a £120 pair of Ray-Bans in Spain in 2014 after my £25 M&S ones broke. I liked the style, unfortunately they were expensive. Still have them and they still look perfect.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '21 11:27
    @drewnogal said
    I went mad on a £120 pair of Ray-Bans in Spain in 2014 after my £25 M&S ones broke. I liked the style, unfortunately they were expensive. Still have them and they still look perfect.
    Quality often out trumps price.👍
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    04 Oct '21 18:12
    @great-big-stees said
    Quality often out trumps price.👍
    They also sit on my nose in a level way. Some cheap ones look lop sided which I put down to my ears being joined to my head at different heights? 🧐
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    04 Oct '21 18:43
    @drewnogal said
    Any recommendations for a reasonably priced, discreet, wireless type that won’t fall out during fast walking / slow jogging?
    Anker soundbuds
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '21 11:53
    @drewnogal said
    They also sit on my nose in a level way. Some cheap ones look lop sided which I put down to my ears being joined to my head at different heights? 🧐
    One could, in a pinch, put a groove in the arm on the higher ear.🤔
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    05 Oct '21 12:17
    @great-big-stees said
    One could, in a pinch, put a groove in the arm on the higher ear.🤔
    I’ve considered a quick nick with a scalpel too 😖
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '21 12:24
    @drewnogal said
    I’ve considered a quick nick with a scalpel too 😖
    OK, now that’d be, just a wee bit, over the top...OUCH.😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree