1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 03:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    Maybe I'm taking the OP to seriously. I'm not materialistic. I try to minimize the number of man made objects I need to survive. In my opinion living life has little to do with what "stuff" one has and everything to do with what one is and does.
    So as soon as an object is no longer used or has no anticipated use in the future, you get rid of it?
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 03:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    So as soon as an object is no longer used or has no anticipated use in the future, you get rid of it?
    i used to use the two year rule, but it wasn't really a rule, it was more of

anyways, if you haven't used a thing for the last two years, get it gone...
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 04:582 edits
    I'm a chucker - "when in doubt, throw it out".
    I'm married to a hoarder - still has some of his university textbooks, 40 years later - his rule is something like "you never know when you might need it".

Using my approach, you either find you don't need it or have an excuse to buy the latest version. And if you don't have it, you don't have to pay for a big house to store it all in, so you have more money available to buy the new stuff. 🙂

back to the topic: fitted sheets to fit a double bed mattress (72 inches x 54 inches)
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 06:56
    A few vinyl LPs and a turntable, as if I will ever use them. And a fancy two port cassette player. Can make copies or edit from a cassette to as many as you want. Any offers?
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 11:12
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'm a chucker - "when in doubt, throw it out".
    I'm married to a hoarder - still has some of his university textbooks, 40 years later - his rule is something like "you never know when you might need it".

Using my approach, you either find you don't need it or have an excuse to buy the latest version. And if you don't have it, you don't have to pay for a ...[text shortened]... ff. 🙂

back to the topic: fitted sheets to fit a double bed mattress (72 inches x 54 inches)
    I feel your pain. My spouse is a hoarder and my hands itch in anxiety every time I
    think how much the Salvation Army would adore to receive all that stuff.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 12:30
    Giant telescopic banana picker.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 13:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    What things have you got around your home which, as useful to you as they may have been at some point, they are these days rather obsolete in your life as you now live it?
    An extra bed
    My gym gear
    A Harley Davidson Motorcycle jacket, helmets and peripherals
    Spare pairs of curtains
    Clothes that don't fit me anymore (refer to my "lose weight fast" thread)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree