1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 15:42
    @torunn said
    I think we just had a general discussion about art.
    Interesting discussion, I wasn't putting it down.

-VR
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 17:01
    @wolfgang59

Ah, then that changes it back into scam territory.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 09:00
    @very-rusty said
    How did we get from Comedian to Artist?

-VR
    The same way we from Rusty to Irrelevant.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 11:33
    @wolfgang59 said
    I agree with the sentiment but surely the meaning the creator attributes to their
    art should not limit (indeed cannot limit ) the meaning another might give it?
    No, of course not. I don't see how enjoyment of art, whether your own or others', could ever be limited.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 13:14
    @wolfgang59 said
    The same way we from Rusty to Irrelevant.
    Says the guy who can't figure out what to do for a bonus for his staff!!!! 😛 😉

-VR
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 13:29
    @wolfgang59 said
    I agree with the sentiment but surely the meaning the creator attributes to their
    art should not limit (indeed cannot limit ) the meaning another might give it?
    I think I've mentioned this before in a thread somewhere but I have a cousin who, in the Canadian art world, is well thought of . I remember showing me a painting he had just done (his artwork is what I'd call "abstract"😉. I asked him what it was and he asked me what I thought it was and so I told him. He said, "then that is what it is".
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 22:15
    @great-big-stees said
    I think I've mentioned this before in a thread somewhere but I have a cousin who, in the Canadian art world, is well thought of . I remember showing me a painting he had just done (his artwork is what I'd call "abstract"😉. I asked him what it was and he asked me what I thought it was and so I told him. He said, "then that is what it is".
    I had a drawing in an art competition that achieved a highly commended award. I was pleased to see a man looking at it thinking, ah, wonder what he thinks? He turned to me and said “Well what a bloody mess, what is that supposed to be?” The look on his face when I told him I’d done it was fun to see.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 02:37
    @drewnogal said
    I had a drawing in an art competition that achieved a highly commended award. I was pleased to see a man looking at it thinking, ah, wonder what he thinks? He turned to me and said “Well what a bloody mess, what is that supposed to be?” The look on his face when I told him I’d done it was fun to see.
    It really is cliche but like beauty, so is art.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 03:23
    @very-rusty said
    Says the guy who can't figure out what to do for a bonus for his staff!!!! 😛 😉

-VR
    Irrelevant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree