1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 07:111 edit
    If you feel like bloviating and what you have in mind is rather generic, making the topic a secondary issue, this is the thread for it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 08:19
    I wish @Grampy-Bobby was here to help.
  3. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 08:42
    Don't worry we have at least 2 avid copy and paste merchants on here.
    One of them will be along soon.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 09:151 edit
    Allow me to make a victory speech. My seeming impertinence is, in fact, realism. Every week, at about 8.30 pm on a Friday evening, I would step out of the Trolling RHP Complex on the fourth floor of FMF Towers on the western edge of a rough and rugged equatorial city that no common or garden white Westerner could flourish in, and wait on the street corner listening to the babble of neighbours and their TVs oozing from their dimly lit abodes. Mopeds would buzz by. Men in kaftans would stroll past muttering pleasantries. Smooth brown boys on bald bikes would bungle by, silenced by my batik shirt and my pork chop face disembodied by the glare of my smartphone. Then the taxi would come and I would natter away with a calculated and off-pat vernacular air to the driver about such things as the volcanic ash that had carpeted our city a few months previously, the 100 new hotels that had sprung up in the city in the previous year, the way you can set your watch by trains departing from German stations, the concerns I had about the mayor of Jakarta running for president before completing his first term of office in the capital city, about the many different words one can use to say "knackered" in Indonesian and Javanese, and such like and so on, until we would arrive at Renzo Cafe. I would then take up my position on a stool at the south eastern corner of the bar and start climbing onto the outside of a sequence of large Bali Hai beers, content in the knowledge that the inhabitants of RHP's General Forum had witnessed my unflappable tonks to the boundary or sixes over the boundary rope with my trademark long-handled cool cucumber, amused by the fact that I might easily be taken out by a single scornful missive on my return home, and yet knowing that I was utterly safe at the same time. And the questions about my thoroughly whelming performance and status at RHP would be there, yes, floating high in the air, if not always actually verbalized, never languishing in mid-lower table mediocrity, week after week, as if I were determined never to be a broken jockey eking out a wretched purpose in life by shovelling dry pellets of poo and yapping at the heels of a stable full of stallions pedigree mares, doffing his cap to people arriving with paper bags full of crisp apples. But I have been calm. I have been collected. I smile, modestly. I take sips of beer and fire densely knowing veneration-inviting glances at Renzo's Mr Gape and Miss Erin ~ and at the almost-always-seemingly-but-never-actually-doomed divegeester, there on his stool ~ over the rim of my glass. Just glances, maybe, or so people thought ~ and yet they were like photons loaded up with such quiet patient toxic confidence, a self-engineered certainty, an unblinking knowledge that my extraordinary calculations and hard-wrought contributions were sitting there, sprung like the groin muscles of a cheetah, lurking in the fetid shadows cast by your Suziannes and your Duchess64s and the hapless badradgers of this world, unbowed, poised, ready to well up like a storm surge, to bobble up and float there defiantly even after the flush had done its gushing white-water worst, buoyed by the irresistable rightness of my posts ~ those cogent laser beams, day in day out ~ chaff scattered early on, powder dry, the future hidden behind a bush, the useless seed splattered against tree trunks in the inconsequential threads, the primo gear then kicking in, gathering itself, sending me clambering up the popularity-unpopularity vortex, inevitability scrawled in my beady glaring eyes, quaffing weekly Bali Hais as I made the ascent, all shins and knees, mercilessly elbowing lesser, more lumpen, RHP'ers aside, one by one, to leave myself astride the charts, my poster-bovver boots planted wide, while you lesser men [and women] peek about between my legs, scrabbling in the pixels, trying to find 'runner up' and 'third' and 'fourth' and whatever else it was you were trying to salvage from this long haul discursive slog having had the real reason for participating ripped from your hands and ripped from your dreams by me, FMF.

Edit: there was one comma that should have been a semi-colon.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 09:47
    Everyone run for the hills!
    The Tall Poppy has bloomed!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 10:23
    I have bloviated.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 10:45
    @fmf said
    Allow me to make a victory speech. My seeming impertinence is, in fact, realism. Every week, at about 8.30 pm on a Friday evening, I would step out of the Trolling RHP Complex on the fourth floor of FMF Towers on the western edge of a rough and rugged equatorial city that no common or garden white Westerner could flourish in, and wait on the street corner listening to the babble ...[text shortened]... ripped from your dreams by me, FMF.

This is why I don’t take your calls anymore.
  8. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 10:57
    @fmf said
    Allow me to make a victory speech. My seeming impertinence is, in fact, realism. Every week, at about 8.30 pm on a Friday evening, I would step out of the Trolling RHP Complex on the fourth floor of FMF Towers on the western edge of a rough and rugged equatorial city that no common or garden white Westerner could flourish in, and wait on the street corner listening to the babble ...[text shortened]... ripped from your dreams by me, FMF.

Note how the shamelessly lying troll in fact blatant troll FMF is blatantly shamelessly lying like a blatant lying shameless troll and note in this entire diatribe the blatantly shameless blatantly lying troll FMF is blatantly shamelessly raciest not once mentioning black or brown water in his ethnocentric err white privileged world in err Indonesia where he blatantly and shamelessly lives amongst err the locals who must blatantly and shamelessly ignore his raciest trolling
    (Note to self leave space for long turgid copy and paste from wikipedia preferably in ancient Germanic language that no one will read but makes me look clever) noted

and shamelessly lying unable like all men to comprehend how much all women suffer due to his shameless and be aware that after spending 14 hours on here denigrating FMF I will be giving a musical recital at the Vienna State Opera a lecture to several hundred Nobel laureates performing eye surgery while at the same time solving The Times cryptic crossword and sending and receiving morse code at 30 words per minute to a naval submarine instructing them on the latest gender awareness policies before returning to my very important job as a supermarket cashier dealing with vast amounts of people who are shameless lying blatant troll FMF note to self get a grip have no idea how clever I am and I got a $10 bonus for having to deal with these idiots who are blatantly shamelessly not fit to be in my presence unless they are non white and female then they........................................ note to self continue until the orderly says it is time to return to my cell
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 14:151 edit
    @the-gravedigger said
    Note how the shamelessly lying troll in fact blatant troll FMF is blatantly shamelessly lying like a blatant lying shameless troll and note in this entire diatribe the blatantly shameless blatantly lying troll FMF is blatantly shamelessly raciest not once mentioning black or brown water in his ethnocentric err white privileged world in err Indonesia where he blatantly ...[text shortened]... ....................... note to self continue until the orderly says it is time to return to my cell
    I really Dig your sense of humour.( hows freedom day working for you?)
  10. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 14:17
    @badradger said
    I really Dig your sense of humour.( hows freedom day working for you?)
    All quiet here Badge
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 14:19
    @the-gravedigger said
    All quiet here Badge
    On the western front?🤔
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 14:43
    @great-big-stees said
    On the western front?🤔
    both on the eastern front about 5 miles apart
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 15:17
    @fmf said

Take it to Semiotext(e), Spanky!
  14. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 17:02
    @fmf said

Its ok to watch for the sake of watching, it doesn’t mean your in the movie. Take a breath and relax, everything’s ok.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 17:04
    @mike69 said
    Its ok to watch for the sake of watching, it doesn’t mean your in the movie. Take a breath and relax, everything’s ok.
    Is this you bloviating?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree