1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 10:59
    @divegeester said
    I didn’t need her, but my Action Man was beating her off with a ski pole.
    Hope he wasn’t too rough with her 😲 she now has a prosthetic leg and wheelchair.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/12/us/barbie-doll-disabilities-trnd/index.html
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 12:14
    @drewnogal

Will that really help children to identify with disabled people?
    Or will that just be a projection surface again to perpetuate the values of the families?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 18:423 edits
    @drewnogal said
    Mine was a honey blonde in a turquoise dress.
    She was a kind of grown up doll I played with through the start of puberty. 🤔
    My dad was ahead of his time.

He gave my sister a "trans" Barbie, that way he did not have to buy a Ken.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 00:06
    @very-rusty said
    You really are a pig!!! Now, I've probably insulted some pigs!!!

-VR
    It's like my pappy always used to say, a dog will look up to you, a cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you square in the eye.
  5. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 00:27
    @whodey said
    It's like my pappy always used to say, a dog will look up to you, a cat will look down on you, but a pig will look you square in the eye.
    Never mud wrestle with a pig.
    You get very dirty and the pig enjoys it.
  6. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 02:19
    The only thing I did with my Barbie was build her a penthouse and an office because she was a lawyer. And sometimes a private investigator. I never found a use for her otherwise. Ken was her very lucky boyfriend.
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 10:19
    @ponderable said
    @drewnogal

Will that really help children to identify with disabled people?
    Or will that just be a projection surface again to perpetuate the values of the families?
    I think it’s more about helping promote the dated Barbie doll? The way to help kids identify with disability is in schools by involving them in supervised projects where they can talk to disabled children and people and through the TV programs they like.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 08:23
    Def, yessss guys. Barbie not really my stuff but my nieces love them. Just let her borrowed my phone for a while but she kind of download all the barbie games of apknite that exist on the store. Gotta say young girls love barbies. Just not for me tho.😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree