1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 13:00
    @divegeester said
    I wasn’t asking you to “call it”.

I was just highlighting the possible spectrum of charges in a situation like this.
    It really doesn't matter what you were asking Gooster.

I gave my opinion on it, I hadn't realized Baldwin was a co-producer which could put him at some risk for charges against him also.

-VR
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 18:47
    @very-rusty said
    It really doesn't matter what you were asking Gooster.

I gave my opinion on it, I hadn't realized Baldwin was a co-producer which could put him at some risk for charges against him also.

-VR
    I’m guessing that seeing as how you immediately use your “gooster” riff, that you realise that your response was idiotic.
  3. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 19:39
    The Gooster!

The Gooseman!

Goose-a-Rama!

Did you cry when you watched Top Gun?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 20:54
    @divegeester said
    I’m guessing that seeing as how you immediately use your “gooster” riff, that you realise that your response was idiotic.
    Not at all the prop person could also be in trouble. Lets see what happens after the investigation is completed.

Playing a guessing games always idiotic! You have done the same, many times.

-VR
  5. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 22:19
    Barney Fife had numerous accidental shots too, but me never killed anyonyone.
    YouTube
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 07:57
    @very-rusty said
    Playing a guessing games always idiotic! You have done the same, many times.
    But you were the one guessing.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 07:57
    @very-rusty saidets see what happens after the investigation is completed.
    No, let’s chat about it in this thread.

If that’s ok with you, of course.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 07:59
    @gambrel said
    Barney Fife had numerous accidental shots too, but me never killed anyonyone.
    [youtube]dQBhUzEsO-Y[/youtube]
    You certainly have a taste for old US TV shows.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 11:39
    @mwmiller said
    The Associated Press online news site has published this:

"SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — An assistant director unwittingly handed Alec Baldwin a loaded weapon and told him it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show."

My only question is: " Why would an actor cock and point a handgun at a cinematographer ...[text shortened]... round managed to hit both people.

I'm puzzled. Maybe the whole story will some day be published.
    Presumably Baldwin was aiming at the camera, for dramatic effect, and the camera operator got hit. Would that Baldwin’s aim had been better.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 11:53
    @moonbus said
    Presumably Baldwin was aiming at the camera, for dramatic effect, and the camera operator got hit. Would that Baldwin’s aim had been better.
    All the more insane a reason for needing a ? fake bullet in the gun as even IF your eye could see something at that speed you’d see nothing directly from the front view? All that’s needed is the BANG!
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 19:21
    @drewnogal

Well, yes, obviously. One wonders why a weapon with live ammo was on the set at all, much less handed to an actor with the words "cold gun." Someone was culpably negligent.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 20:25
    @moonbus said
    @drewnogal

Well, yes, obviously. One wonders why a weapon with live ammo was on the set at all, much less handed to an actor with the words "cold gun." Someone was culpably negligent.
    I believe everyone agrees on that point about the negligence. Question would be will more than one person be charged? Will anyone be charged?

-VR
  13. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 21:32
    @divegeester said
    You certainly have a taste for old US TV shows.
    I'm old enough to have watched those episodes when they first aired.
  14. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 21:35
    This still boils down to ignoring basic gun safety. Baldwin being anti gun more than likely had little if any training and knowledge.
  15. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 21:38
    @gambrel said
    I got this tidbit from Halyna Hutchin's wiki page
    Hutchins supported the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE), the labor union that represents Hollywood's crew and technical workers,[26] and planned to strike over dangerous working conditions days before her death.

So, there could be a possible motive. Baldwin thinking he could stage ...[text shortened]... a hard projectile in the shell.

This wouldn't be the first time a rich person beat a murder rap.
    My daughter pointed out another possibility.
    Someone on the set wanted Hutchins gone, and used Baldwin's rehearsal to do so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree