1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 22:35
    Beatles top the UK charts again with Abbey Road 50 years after its original release.
  2. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 23:05
    “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...”

Best line ever...
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 06:11
    @divegeester said
    Beatles top the UK charts again with Abbey Road 50 years after its original release.
    One of the best albums ever.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 09:35
    @divegeester said
    My favourite Beatles album.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 13:54
    @fmf said
    My favourite Beatles album.
    Although not a "BIG" Beatles fan (I was/am a Stones fan) my fav was the White Album. I know....who cares. 😉
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Oct '19 15:34
    @great-big-stees said
    Although not a "BIG" Beatles fan (I was/am a Stones fan) my fav was the White Album. I know....who cares. 😉
    I was never a big beatles fan either, but they were big here in Canada for sure! Maybe among one of the best bands of all time.

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 13:39
    @very-rusty said
    I was never a big beatles fan either, but they were big here in Canada for sure! Maybe among one of the best bands of all time.

-VR
    In 1964 my then girlfriend was a big Beatles fan so I got tickets for their Sept 16th concert at Montreal's Forum. There was so much screaming you couldn't hear the music. She loved it anyway, I was less enthusiastic. 🙂
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 13:53
    @divegeester

Maxwell’s Silver Hammer is creeping up on Boris. 😆
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 13:56
    @great-big-stees said
    In 1964 my then girlfriend was a big Beatles fan so I got tickets for their Sept 16th concert at Montreal's Forum. There was so much screaming you couldn't hear the music. She loved it anyway, I was less enthusiastic. 🙂
    Personally I didn't see what all the fuss was about. I must say they did sell out everywhere they went. I think the women were bigger fans than the men over here.

-VR
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 13:58
    @great-big-stees said
    Abbey Road is almost too perfect a bookend for the greatest studio recording band in history.
    Many thanks to Sir George Martin! He was indeed, the 5th Beatle.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 14:102 edits
    Elvis Presley was Top of the charts at the time the beatles were becoming known.

Beatle Stories
    46.9K subscribers
    Some classic Lennon humour here. John talks about his quotes been taken out of context by the press between 1975-1980, rumours he was going bald and the legendary quote about Elvis Presley's death.. "When Elvis died they wanted a comment. Well I'll give it you now. He died when he went in the army. The rest was a living death - John Lennon.

"He died when he went in the Army," but Lennon sat in front of Elvis speechless and in awe in 1965.

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 14:321 edit
    https://priscilla.elvispresley.com.au/priscilla-presley-talks-about-elvis-meeting-the-beatles.shtml

For anyone interesting in knowing a little about Elvis meeting the Beatles. Perhaps I should have said the Beatles meeting Elvis.

-VR
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 14:35
    @great-big-stees said
    get a boyfriend
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 16:18
    @very-rusty said
    I think the women were bigger fans than the men over here.
    How strange; must have been a Canadian thing.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Oct '19 18:55
    @divegeester said
    How strange; must have been a Canadian thing.
    I really have no idea but the sell outs would mainly be women and young teenage girls, the few men were drug there by their wives or girlfriends. At least that is the way it was in my part of Canada, doesn't make it a 'Canadian thing'!

I noted in GBS post he wasn't a big fan either and he is in a different part of Canada and would know better what was going on there than I would. I am sure they must have had male fans also!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree