Moves
    20 Feb '21 12:523 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 13:39
    I remember seeing that issue being discussed by Kim Iversen. Here it is.

YouTube
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 16:21
    @Duchess64

Why don't you tell us again that the sky is blue 😴 😴 😴 😴
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 13:58

5. S. Korea
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 23:25
    Anti-Asian violence, in the sense that we are talking about people attacking Asians for being Asian, in the US is rarely the targeting of Asians over political reasons, or reasons of other bias.

It often has to do with them being viewed as easy to bully and victimize.

This is what I first heard ten or more years ago from a New Yorker -- Asians are more likely to be targeted because many of them are more recently arrived, and, obviously, they are more likely to be small and unassuming.

This is my guess as to why Antoine Watson killed the 84-year old Vicha Ratanapakdee [1].

Of course, there have been many attacks done by randoms motivated around the Coronavirus, but as I rememebr it, they seem to be able to be counted on one or two hands, and there were no murders.

As the United States alone had something like 19,000 murders in 2020, it's hard to see Coronavirus motivated attacks as some acute crisis. The crisis is basically the same as it has always been: just the sky-high murder rates.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 23:582 edits

7. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 01:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Noted.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s539/sh/c8371078-44df-40a7-aee2-393d68a79cf5/cba6ba8ba8032690fca4ed1fed2c350b
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 02:01
    OK, so I did not see anything here that actually applies to what I said.

What's most important to me is to point out that there does not seem to be a trend of Asians being victimized due to bias against them.

You're very interested in this...

How many Asians were murdered for being Asian in 2020, roughly?

The number of "far right" related deaths are extremely small -- somethign like 16 murders of 19,000+ in 2020. That's more than one in a thousand.

I imagine the number is even less concerning Asians murdered due to anti-Asian bias.

I think it's not criminal to consider that kind of small for a country that has 19,000+ murders a year.

Is one too much?

Sure!

But, again, this applies to any amount of murders. It would be odd to prioritize anti-Asian homicides, which could perhaps save a single life, when there is a burgeoning number of people murdered for more regular reasons. We could maybe save hundreds of lives through policy changes in these circumstances.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 03:07

10. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 03:20
    You still at it, after all this time. When the truth don't work, make it up. He is NOT saying what you claim he is. You need to either learn to read or applied logic. one or the other.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 03:263 edits

12. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 03:29
    He is NOT denying or excusing anti-Asian racist violence. At least not in this post.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 03:492 edits

14. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 03:54
    That's not the bottom line at all.

You are using a baseless accusation instead of using an argument.

It gets pretty straight forward at this point -- usually, there is no winner in an online debate, how does one evaluate two decent conversations put against one another? You really don't.

But when you bring personal insults & accusations to a debate, you're just the loser. No way around it.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 03:56
    Go back and read again.

Here's wht I said:

Anti-Asian violence, in the sense that we are talking about people attacking Asians for being Asian, in the US is rarely the targeting of Asians over political reasons, or reasons of other bias.

I said that rarely are Asians attacked over political reasons or reasons of other bias.

Why?

It often has to do with them being viewed as easy to bully and victimize.

To put it even more simply for you:

Asians are sometimes attacked for political reasons or other forms of bias.

But usually, Asians are targeted because they are perceived as easy victims.

There's a big difference between "I robbed the 5'1", 45 kg Asian woman because I hate Asians," and "I robbed the 5'1", 45 kg Asian woman because it'd be easy."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree