1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 21:38
    I’m not sure I agree with Kori Schake of The Atlantic that “Trump has now shown himself just as willing as President Obama to make empty threats that damage American credibility.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/06/trumps-air-strike-cancellation-worse-obamas-red-line/592303/

I doubt Trump wants to overtly announce a “Red Line” trigger event, such as American military casualties due to an Iranian military action, justifying retaliation. But he does have an itchy twitter finger and a tendency to double down when questioned.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 21:451 edit
    "To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE." - Donald J. Trump, July 2018 (caps in original tweet quote)
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 21:552 edits
    @kazetnagorra said
    "To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE." - Donald J. Trump, July 2018 (caps in original tweet quote)
    That’s not as specific as Obama ‘s warning was: “Consider the divergence on the credibility factor. When, in August 2013, Bashar Assad's Syrian regime used chemical weapons against its own people, that action broke Obama's previously established red line against such action. Obama's threat had been delivered very publicly and it was understood that Assad would face U.S. military reprisals if he conducted any chemical attack.” -Washington Examiner
    Edit:https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/two-major-differences-between-trumps-iran-retreat-and-obamas-red-line

And being nonspecific would be a good thing for the US, militarily.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 19:26
    @js357 said
    That’s not as specific as Obama ‘s warning was: “Consider the divergence on the credibility factor. When, in August 2013, Bashar Assad's Syrian regime used chemical weapons against its own people, that action broke Obama's previously established red line against such action. Obama's threat had been delivered very publicly and it was understood that Assad would face U.S. militar ...[text shortened]... n-retreat-and-obamas-red-line

And being nonspecific would be a good thing for the US, militarily.
    For the record, I like what Trump has done, in all quarters. No offense meant, seriously. Maybe I live on the border and dont want trespass on my property, whatever. Got my reasons. However, I would like for him to not talk so much. I do believe he knows exactly what he is doing,... if he played chess he would be good at it. So, as he likes to say, we'll see what happens. You can hardly compare him to O, who walked like Step-n-Fetch It, and commanded ZERO respect. Say what you want, and say what you think others countries are saying, Trump has respect. And trust me, he will act on anything that is on the table . Right now, it is for Iran to 'best get in line'. My 2 cents. Yeah,yeah,,,,,""But Joe, we hate Trump! That has to stand for something!"
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 19:283 edits
    @js357 said
    I’m not sure I agree with Kori Schake of The Atlantic that “Trump has now shown himself just as willing as President Obama to make empty threats that damage American credibility.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/06/trumps-air-strike-cancellation-worse-obamas-red-line/592303/

I doubt Trump wants to overtly announce a “Red Line” trigger event, such as America ...[text shortened]... retaliation. But he does have an itchy twitter finger and a tendency to double down when questioned.
    They make empty promises to the American people so why not the world?

I mean, a lower cost of health care for the same coverage that will fix everything? Hell, the same voices that brought us Obamacare say we now ned a better system and it just passed. LOL.

Build a wall? Lock up Hillary? LOL.

We all know it's all Progressive lies, so what?

The only person that can't lie is general Flynn it seems.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree