Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 May '21 11:43
    @kevcvs57 said
    Hahaha
    P.s I get my second AstraZeneca jab on Wednesday.
    Hope you get it.
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 May '21 14:303 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    Once again the duchess shows her complete ignorance of everyday English and provides more evidence if needed that it is working out of a classified Beijing basement.
    “ fruit loop
    Learn to pronounce
    nounINFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
    noun: fruit loop; plural noun: fruit loops; noun: fruitloop; plural noun: fruitloops
    a mad or crazy person.”
    The sneering Kevcvs57 fails the basic test of English grammar.
    Like many Brit native speakers, he's nearly illiterate.

"And your a fruit loop."
    --Kevcvs57 (to Metal Brain)

Spot the blatant grammatical error (one of many routine errors by Kevcvs57).

Kevcvs57's 'your' is blatantly wrong.
    'Your' is the genitive case of 'you'.

The correct word is "you're", a contraction of "you are".
    I have known the difference between "your" and "you're" since I was a child learning English.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 May '21 14:56
    @duchess64 said
    The sneering Kevcvs57 fails the basic test in English grammar.

"And your a fruit loop."
    --Kevcvs57 (to Metal Brain)

Spot the blatant grammatical error (one of many routine errors by Kevcvs57).

Kevcvs57's 'your' is blatantly wrong.
    'Your' is the genitive case of 'you'.

The correct word is "you're", a ...[text shortened]... ".
    I have known the difference between "your" and "you're" since I was a child learning English.
    “You’re” is two characters longer than “your” I might even break it down to yor in future.
    Learning isn’t the same as growing up with and immersing yourself in. To pretend that my use of the word your rather than you’re somehow made it difficult to understand my point to MB is called nitpicking.
    Here’s an exercise for you: try to pronounce the word ‘your’ and make it sound different to when you pronounce ‘you’re’.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    The Moral Godfather
    London
    Moves
    01 May '21 15:27
    @duchess64 said
    The sneering Kevcvs57 fails the basic test of English grammar.
    You recently fervently denied 'boy' and 'lad' were synonyms. (Clearly ignorant to the fact that 'lad' can be used in more than one fashion).

As a heads up, nobody posting in this forum is 'nearly illiterate.' Nobody.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 May '21 22:06
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You recently fervently denied 'boy' and 'lad' were synonyms. (Clearly ignorant to the fact that 'lad' can be used in more than one fashion).

As a heads up, nobody posting in this forum is 'nearly illiterate.' Nobody.
    Ghost of a Duke trots out another of his countless dishonest distortions.

Ghost of a Duke was striving to deny that 'boy' (in referring to a Japanese adult male)
    was used as a racist put-down by Joe Biden. Ghost of a Duke changed 'boy' to 'lad'
    in attempting to argue that 'English lad' is not a racist put-down.

I pointed out that 'boy' and 'lad' are NOT COMPLETELY synonymous (though their
    meanings sometimes may OVERLAP) because their related adjectives, 'boyish' and
    laddish', are far from synonymous. I cited relevant examples.

Ghost of a Duke kept ignoring dictionary definitions (dishonestly attempting to
    claim that a thesaurus lists EXACT synonyms rather than simply related words)
    and insisting upon his supreme authority as a white native speaker of British English.
    Of course, I already knew that many white native speakers of British English are
    extremely ignorant or deluded about the usages of English.

Ghost of a Duke also extremely dishonestly attempted to frame the argument as
    something about British English when, in fact, Joe Biden speaks in American English.

By very popular racist definition, all white native speakers of English are presumed--even
    without any education--to be competent in reading and writing English.
    English teachers (even white English teachers) know better, and some of them have
    heard 'Because I am white, I don't have to study English' arguments from their students.
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    01 May '21 22:071 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke - said
    As a heads up, nobody posting in this forum is 'nearly illiterate.' Nobody."

'Tis a hoot, eh?

I think the poster that makes that charge wants to bring attention to itself as being some sort of genius.

god help us. 😕
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 May '21 22:121 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    “You’re” is two characters longer than “your” I might even break it down to yor in future.
    Learning isn’t the same as growing up with and immersing yourself in. To pretend that my use of the word your rather than you’re somehow made it difficult to understand my point to MB is called nitpicking.
    Here’s an exercise for you: try to pronounce the word ‘your’ and make it sound different to when you pronounce ‘you’re’.
    Note that sneering Kevcvs57 keeps fanatically refusing to concede his blatant error.
    Note that sneering Kevcvs57 fails to concede that his attempted 'correction' of what I wrote was absurd.
    I could NOT care less about Kevcvs57's idiom 'fruit loop'; it was NOT related to
    his blatant grammatical error, which he utterly failed to recognize.

Again, in fact, 'your' (what Kevcvs57) and "you're" have completely different meanings,
    though Kevcvs57 now extremely dishonestly attempts to argue that 'your' is a contraction of "you're".

The reality is that Kevcvs57 had no clue about the difference until I pointed it out.
    But Kevcvs57's too pathologically dishonest to concede his abysmal ignorance.

Note Kevcvs57's absurd argument that homonyms (words that sound alike) must
    be synonyms (words that have the same meaning).

The bottom line is that Kevcvs57's an extremely arrogant Brit, who's abysmally
    ignorant of English grammar and usage, and prefers to hurl insults, lies, and
    absurd dishonest distortions rather than concede any of his many blatant errors.
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    01 May '21 22:15
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke - said
    As a heads up, nobody posting in this forum is 'nearly illiterate.' Nobody."

'Tis a hoot, eh?

I think the poster that makes that charge wants to bring attention to itself as being some sort of genius.

god help us. 😕
    Many arrogant white native speakers of English here would likely fail basic tests of
    English grammar and usage given to students learning English as a foreign language.

Teinosuke has noted that many of his students, native speakers of British English,
    are lacking in their abilities to read and write English.

But the popular "Because I am white, I must be superior" argument trumps all here.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 May '21 11:40
    @duchess64 said
    Note how extremely dishonestly the hateful lying troll Shallow Blue distorts what I wrote.
    Note how duchessie has nothing to add but a personal insult.
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    02 May '21 16:20
    @shallow-blue said
    Note how duchessie has nothing to add but a personal insult.
    Shameless liars like to pretend that pointing out their lying must be 'personsl attacks".

Note that, when I advised Metal Brain to ignore Kevcvs57's insult,
    the lying troll Shallow Blue extremely dishonestly
    pretended that I must be completely agreeing with
    Metal Brain's most absurd conspiracy theories.

In fact, Metal Brain and I often have clashed over his conspiracy theories.
    In general, I prefer to ignore them.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 May '21 15:44
    @duchess64 said
    Shameless liars like to pretend that pointing out their lying must be 'personsl attacks".

Note that, when I advised Metal Brain to ignore Kevcvs57's insult,
    the lying troll Shallow Blue extremely dishonestly
    pretended that I must be completely agreeing with
    Metal Brain's most absurd conspiracy theories.

In fact, Metal Brain and I often have clashed over his conspiracy theories.
    In general, I prefer to ignore them.
    You mean like some vaccines being gene therapy?
    That is a fact, not a conspiracy theory.

More like you are ignoring facts in favor of myths you would prefer to believe. You accept conspiracy theories about Russia though. Perhaps I remind you of what you don't like about yourself. That would explain the psychological projection.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 May '21 00:53
    @metal-brain said
    You mean like some vaccines being gene therapy?
    That is a fact, not a conspiracy theory.

More like you are ignoring facts in favor of myths you would prefer to believe. You accept conspiracy theories about Russia though. Perhaps I remind you of what you don't like about yourself. That would explain the psychological projection.
    "You accept conspiracy theories about Russia though."
    --Metal Brain

Such as?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 May '21 01:10
    @duchess64 said
    "You accept conspiracy theories about Russia though."
    --Metal Brain

Such as?
    You have repeatedly endorsed the Russiagate conspiracy theory.

That is a conspiracy theory that has been proven to be bunk. The FBI had to fabricate evidence. People don't fabricate evidence unless they don't have any real evidence. Common sense.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 May '21 04:43
    @metal-brain said

That is a conspiracy theory that has been proven to be bunk. The FBI had to fabricate evidence. People don't fabricate evidence unless they don't have any real evidence. Common sense.
    What exactly is 'Russiagate'?

Can MetalBrain QUOTE where I have ever written 'Russiagate'?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '21 06:191 edit
    @metal-brain said

Ummmmm, not exactly.

Do some reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections