1. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    12 May '22 23:02
    Remember when Biden said during the debates that any president that allowed 200,000 Covid deaths like Trump should be removed from office?
    After Biden took over, we have 800,000 more......
    Should Biden be removed, according to his own guideline?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 May '22 01:31
    Yes.

Still better than Trump,
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 May '22 01:352 edits
    @vivify said
    Yes.

Still better than Trump,
    Not that I think the President has much control over a highly contagious respiratory virus, but in what way is Biden better on COVID than Trump? I mean in results, not in talking about swallowing bleach or taking hydroxychloroquine.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '22 01:35
    @jj-adams said
    Remember when Biden said during the debates that any president that allowed 200,000 Covid deaths like Trump should be removed from office?
    After Biden took over, we have 800,000 more......
    Should Biden be removed, according to his own guideline?
    No, we haven't:

https://khn.org/news/nation-records-400000-covid-deaths-on-last-day-of-donald-trump-presidency/
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '22 01:40
    @sh76 said
    Not that I think the President has much control over a highly contagious respiratory virus, but in what way is Biden better on COVID than Trump? I mean in results, not in talking about swallowing bleach or taking hydroxychloroquine.
    It's hypocritical of you, a COVID minimizer who has applauded the seeming efforts of Republican Governors like DeSantis to maximize deaths from the virus and your own opposition to any type of vaccine mandate, to make such a dishonest argument.

Biden proposed policies to enhance the number of people vaccinated (most of which you opposed) that were then shot down by right wing judges under legally dubious "theories".
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 May '22 01:46
    @sh76 said
    This is not a discussion worth having with someone who is already informed on the numerous ways Trump did the exact opposite of what health officials from his own government and all across the world recommended.

You're not Mott. You already know.
  7. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    13 May '22 01:49
    @vivify said
    This is not a discussion worth having with someone who is already informed on the numerous ways Trump did the exact opposite of what health officials from his own government and all across the world recommended.

Trump did EXACTLY what his health officials told him to do you lying fukschit.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '22 01:55
    @sh76 said
    Here's one kinda big one:

"My administration began to institute vaccination requirements last July, when after months of making vaccinations free and widely available, 90 million Americans were still unvaccinated. Today, that number is down to under 35 million. These vaccine requirements applied to members of the Armed Forces, federal workers and contractors, health care workers, and employees in large firms. Had my administration not put vaccination requirements in place, we would be now experiencing a higher death toll from COVID-19 and even more hospitalizations. "

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/01/13/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-u-s-supreme-courts-decision-on-vaccine-requirements/
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '22 01:58
    @jj-adams said
    Trump did EXACTLY what his health officials told him to do you lying fukschit.
    Incredible ignorance or outright lying by a Trump adorer?

I'll let others judge:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03035-4
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 May '22 02:34
    @vivify said

There’s exactly one big damned thing you can do to help people who want to be helped and that’s bring the vaccine to market.

As much as you hate Trump and as big of a loudmouthed narcissistic fool as he is, giving him zero credit for Operation Warp Speed is disengenuous.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 May '22 03:079 edits
    @sh76 said
    There’s exactly one big damned thing you can do to help people who want to be helped and that’s bring the vaccine to market.

As much as you hate Trump and as big of a loudmouthed narcissistic fool as he is, giving him zero credit for Operation Warp Speed is disengenuous.
    You think I give one single flying fuk that Trump is a "loudmouthed narcissistic fool"? You think I give a god damn?

Yeah, he pardoned racists who committed human rights abuses like Arpaio but why does he have to be such a blowhard?

Trump bars America's top health official from speaking publicly and cut funding from the World Health Organization during a pandemic....all while admitting he lied to the public about the severity of a virus he acknowledged was five times deadlier than the flu. And you think my problem is that he's "loudmouthed"?

Trump "brought vaccines to the market"? Great. That's his fukking job as president.

I'm not going to list every single way Trump helped to spread the virus, spread misinformation about Covid and prevent Covid mandates. You already know. This is just stunning and aggravating dishonesty from someone who has proven time and time again he knows better.

Or maybe you don't know better. Maybe you're not better than the other worthless conservative trash in the forum who after thousands of posts from multiple writers on this forum still have no clue what Trump did you wrong.

"Loudmouthed"? GFY.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '22 03:17
    @sh76 said

Overrating the importance of Operation Warp Speed is equally, if not more, disingenuous. Pfizer, the first to develop a COVID vaccine, refused any funding from the Federal Government at all. https://scrip.pharmaintelligence.informa.com/SC144598/How-Pfizer-Crafted-Its-Own-Operation-Warp-Speed-For-The-COVID-19-Vaccine

Additionally, it is just nationalistic hubris to suppose that the US government's role in developing a vaccine was critical when the entire world's scientific community was working on the problem - using pre-existing technology. Of course, Warp Speed's vaccine rollout was done as incompetently as could be expected of a project no longer seen as critical by the Trump sycophants who ran the US government in January 2021 - they had more important concerns like overturning an election.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 May '22 12:18
    @vivify said
    You think I give one single flying fuk that Trump is a "loudmouthed narcissistic fool"? You think I give a god damn?

Yeah, he pardoned racists who committed human rights abuses like Arpaio but why does he have to be such a blowhard?

Trump bars America's top health official from speaking publicly and cut funding from the World Health Organization during a pand ...[text shortened]... ultiple writers on this forum still have no clue what Trump did you wrong.

"Loudmouthed"? GFY.
    I get that it might have been late at night and you might have been tired, but this makes me slightly concerned for your emotional wellbeing.

Take it easy there, viv. I hope you're sleeping in this morning.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 May '22 12:271 edit
    Fine, Viv. You want me to admit that Trump handled the entire situation incompetently (aside from OWS, which was run quite well)? So stipulated. You want me to admit that Trump is an anti-democratic liar who should be kept away from major public office by almost any means necessary? Granted.

The taunt in the OP, and one that you and no1 and all the alarmists can never get around no matter how shrill you become, is that neither Joe Biden nor the democratic apparatus, not any civilized government, can do much to contain a highly contagious respiratory virus with low relative risk to most people and that all the Covid theater in the world, including the annoyances like test-to-fly entry and the malignant borderline crimes like year-long school closings, did much to slow covid spread. The bleating about sticking cloth masks on 2 year olds in New York and sending college students who've already had Omicron home because they won't get boosted is Grandpa Simpson screaming at the clouds, at best.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 May '22 13:561 edit
    @sh76 said
    The taunt in the OP, and one that you and no1 and all the alarmists can never get around no matter how shrill you become, is that neither Joe Biden nor the democratic apparatus, not any civilized government, can do much to contain a highly contagious respiratory virus with low relative risk to most people and that all the Covid theater in the world, including the annoyances like ...[text shortened]... y and the malignant borderline crimes like year-long school closings, did much to slow covid spread.
    Note my response first response to the OP: "Yes". I agreed that by Biden's own logic, he should be removed. Biden implying that anyone could realistically contain the virus was stupid.

That said, his response was still better than Trump's. JJ, being a Trump sycophant, needed a reminder, as proved by his later post where he laughably claimed that Trump did "exactly" what medical experts advised.

I've noticed I get angrier at certain posters for stupid comments than others. For JJ and Mott, stupid is their native tongue. I just shrug off their comments.

You're not them. You having the audacity to ask how Biden's response to Covid was better than Trump's is infuriating. The multiple super-spreader events, his constant promoting of unapproved treatments (that actually lead to the hospitalization of a Nevada couple where the husband died) and on and on and on. You're well-read; better than I am. The whole forum agrees you're more intelligent than me. So how in the fuk do you ask such a stupid question?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree