1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 13:31
    From what I am seeing today from the president right down to the ads, I just can’t see his campaign even trying to win over the undecideds.

Everything I see in the tactics is to solidify, or keep his base (in desperation perhaps).
    To this end, it seems he will lose in November.
    But he wants to keep it close enough to contest the results, or simply just invalidate them as a rigged election.

Mail in ballots, illegal voters.
    We heard it all in 2016, expect it to be much worse this time around.
    Add to that, the shenanigans from the areas where GOP will have control of the electoral proceedings.
    Gerrymandering, voter suppression, voter list tampering.

And using the COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse to refuse to give up power.
    A national emergency of his own making.

This will be an ugly election.
  2. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 13:43
    @mghrn55 said
    And using the COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse to refuse to give up power.
    When has Trump ever implied such a thing?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 14:12
    @mghrn55 said
    From what I am seeing today from the president right down to the ads, I just can’t see his campaign even trying to win over the undecideds.

Everything I see in the tactics is to solidify, or keep his base (in desperation perhaps).
    But he wants to keep it close enough to contest the results, or simply just invalidate them as ...[text shortened]... refuse to give up power.

You're over-analyzing it.

Trump won the EC in 2016 using this strategy and thus thinks he can do so again using the same one. He's not politically astute to recognize that times have changed to his detriment.

It's fanciful to imagine that Trump won't give up the WH if he loses.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 14:59
    @mghrn55 said

But he wants to keep it close enough to contest the results, or simply just invalidate them as ...[text shortened]... refuse to give up power.

"Do-nothing Donald" just wants to keep his solid base of 25% close. They're future suckers...errrr...customers.

He'll be peddling Trumpy-Bears the minute after his Pence pardon goes through.

Oh, yeah...it'll be President Pence. Nobody really thinks Trump's going to risk prosecution after his election failure, do they? Trump's resignation is going to make Nixon's double split-finger, fast escape, look like January molasses.

Soon, Trump won't be able to skip town fast enough: So goes it with con-men and grifters!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 15:02
    @no1marauder
    I think in his own mind he is in a race for his very life. If he loses he no longer has the protection of his SCOTUS buddies who lately have not voted the way he hired them for.

Say Biden wins, and he pulls some antics to keep himself in the WH. In the end, losing from SCOTUS will end up with Trump in deep doo doo legally with all the corruption he pulled and Biden would NEVER pardon such a criminal as Trump.

So like I said, he is fighting for his life.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 16:58
    @mghrn55

Expect a timely ‘revelation’ about Joe Biden, just when there is no time left to fact-check it.

Where is Rudy and what is he up to?
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 17:05
    @no1marauder said
    You're over-analyzing it.

Trump won the EC in 2016 using this strategy and thus thinks he can do so again using the same one. He's not politically astute to recognize that times have changed to his detriment.

It's fanciful to imagine that Trump won't give up the WH if he loses.
    If the electoral college votes him out and he refuses to leave the WH, even his staunchest supporters in the Republican Senate will turn on him.

America is not a banana republic; physical occupancy of the president’s mansion is not equivalent to wielding power. No one outside a Trump-occupied WH would follow his instructions. Trump would be nothing but a trespasser there. The new president would be inaugurated on schedule,and if necessary would reside elsewhere until such time as the water, power and heat were cut off to WH.
  8. Joined
    10 Jul '20
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 08:58
    Trump's strategy for 2020 is easy.

The Democrats and the Left are responsible for destroying cities and tearing down history.
    The Democrats and the Left are responsible for the ridiculous notion that blacks are oppressed and fail at life because of the white man.
    The Democrats and the Left have chosen a perverted pedophile who has dementia as their candidate.

Trump's 2020 strategy is easy.
    He doesn't have to do anything but smile.
    The silent majority is not in favour of the leftist chaos and many on the left will be secretly voting for Trump.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 09:55
    @ludd said

The Democrats and the Left are responsible for destroying cities and tearing down history.
    The Democrats and the Left are responsible for the ridiculous notion that blacks are oppressed and fail at life because of the white man.
    The Democrats and the Left have chosen a perverted pedophile who has dementia as their candidate.

Trump's 2 ...[text shortened]... jority is not in favour of the leftist chaos and many on the left will be secretly voting for Trump.
    Did Hannity tell you this?
  10. Joined
    10 Jul '20
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 10:40
    Yes. Yes he did.

...and Tucker.
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 10:51
    @ludd said
    Yes. Yes he did.

...and Tucker.
    I guess we can add another to "patzering's" long list of aliases.
  12. Joined
    10 Jul '20
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 11:06
    What is a patzering's?
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 13:10
    @ludd said

Trump's 2 ...[text shortened]... jority is not in favour of the leftist chaos and many on the left will be secretly voting for Trump.
    I think people will vote for Biden in a coma before they vote for Trump.
    Except those in his hardcore support base.
    He isn’t even trying to attract the undecideds anymore.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 13:381 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    I think people will vote for Biden in a coma before they vote for Trump.
    Except those in his hardcore support base.
    He isn’t even trying to attract the undecideds anymore.
    I laughed back in 2016 when I heard he was running. Not so much after the elections and everything has been down hill for the Americans ever since. Once looked at as world force they are now laughed at.
    Not a pretty picture to see from this side of the boarder. IF he gets re-elected the American may never be able to recover the stature they once had. As things stand it will be hard if he is replaced by the new person replacing him.
    Will he even conceed defeat? I think it is going to be messy with lots of people not being able to even Vote. I believe it will be an election that will be very dirty to the bitter end.
    May God Bless our neighbours to the South. Only way to make "America Great Again" is get rid of the guy in the white house!

-VR
  15. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 13:59
    @ludd said
    What is a patzering's?
    An old indian with mudfingers because of too many chessturds.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree