1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 01:23
    https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54274115

US election: Trump won't commit to peaceful transfer of power

US President Donald Trump has refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses November's election.

Earlier on Wednesday, the US president defended his decision to seek the appointment of a new Supreme Court justice before the vote to fill the vacancy left by the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg, saying he expects the election results to end up before the court.

"I think this [the election] will end up in the Supreme Court, and I think it's very important that we have nine justices," the president said.

"I think it's better if you go before the election, because I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling, it's a scam, the scam will be before the United States Supreme Court."

Mr Trump was apparently referring again to his much-disputed claims that mail-in ballots are vulnerable to fraud.

Mr Trump's supporters hope his nominee, if confirmed by the US Senate, will cement a 6-3 conservative ascendancy on the nation's highest court for the forseeable future.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 01:27
    Twice as many conservative Justices, with half of them appointed by Trump. They will rule in his favor.

Trump will remain president. I don't mean in 2020, I mean until he dies. He'll never leave.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 02:00
    @vivify said
    Twice as many conservative Justices, with half of them appointed by Trump. They will rule in his favor.

Trump will remain president. I don't mean in 2020, I mean until he dies. He'll never leave.
    You're starting to sound as hysterical as the right wingers.

Trump will lose by a comfortable margin and the next time you'll see him will be in the dock in a Manhattan courtroom. These nutty outbursts of his are helping to assure that result.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 02:211 edit
    @no1marauder said
    You're starting to sound as hysterical as the right wingers.
    Are you really putting it past Trump to take an election loss to the Supreme Court? Are you honestly saying Trump would not take the results to the SCOTUS?

EDIT: And and do you really believe it's completely implausible that *this* SCOTUS would rule in Trump's favor?
  5. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 03:50
    @vivify said
    Are you really putting it past Trump to take an election loss to the Supreme Court? Are you honestly saying Trump would not take the results to the SCOTUS?

EDIT: And and do you really believe it's completely implausible that *this* SCOTUS would rule in Trump's favor?
    Your fear is ridiculous Trump will get blown out and the court will not support him.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 06:311 edit
    @vivify said

We’ve already seen dead cert conservative trump appointees result in decisions that conservatives do not like.
    I’m sure in the back of Trumps dysfunctional brain this could be the plan but I think when a SCOTUS of any make up have to choose between Democracy and Trumps ego they’ll choose democracy and the future of SCOTUS as a functioning body. 🀞
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 07:54
    @vivify said

Actually Trump has been served defeats by the Supreme court and tweeted:

“Do you get the impression that the Supreme Court doesn’t like me?”

So for me at least there stays the hope that the Independent Judges won't follow Trump into all of his follies.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 11:471 edit
    @vivify said

The SCOTUS are not king makers.

1. It is extremely unlikely that the SCOTUS would attempt to annul an election, they probably have no authority to do so anyway, and even if they did, it would not mean that Trump would remain in office. His term ends in January 2021, come hell or high water. If the SCOTUS were to annul the election, it would mean that there would be an interregnum, during which the constitutional chain of command would kick in -- meaning that the Speaker of the House would be acting president until such time as a valid election result could be ascertained.

2. The SCOTUS might demand a re-count of some ballots, but only if there were good grounds for thinking that some were invalid, or had not been counted, or not counted correctly. This happened in Florida (Bush/Gore).
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 12:193 edits
    and the panic is getting real πŸ˜‚

psssst.... I hear Trump has several govt agencies spying on the harris/biden campaign, and he has an insurance policy.😳
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 12:31
    @kevcvs57 said
    We’ve already seen dead cert conservative trump appointees result in decisions that conservatives do not like.
    I’m sure in the back of Trumps dysfunctional brain this could be the plan but I think when a SCOTUS of any make up have to choose between Democracy and Trumps ego they’ll choose democracy and the future of SCOTUS as a functioning body. 🀞
    Fingers crossed.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 12:491 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    and the panic is getting real πŸ˜‚

psssst.... I hear Trump has several govt agencies spying on the harris/biden campaign, and he has an insurance policy.😳
    @mott-the-hoople said
    and the panic is getting real πŸ˜‚”
    Oh it’s real, we can smell it on you.
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 12:59
    What Trump is clearly doing is sowing the seeds for post election violence.
    And at this point, it won’t matter who wins.
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 13:061 edit
    @vivify

Yay! America wins again!! 6 more terms for Trump. Yay!!!
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 13:08
    @mghrn55 said
    What Trump is clearly doing is sowing the seeds for post election violence.
    And at this point, it won’t matter who wins.
    it will be trumps army of zombies versus the constitution
    double tap!
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 13:09
    @kevcvs57 said
    @mott-the-hoople said
    and the panic is getting real πŸ˜‚”
    Oh it’s real, we can smell it on you.
    are you a sniffer like biden?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree