1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 17:501 edit
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/trump-stuns-pelosi-and-schumer-in-contentious-debate-over-the-border-wall

In an exchange in front of the media with Trump and Pelosi and Schumer Trump says he will own the government shut down if Congress does not fund his wall.

Good news for Dims as Trump will take all the blame.

I recommend that the Dims do this as soon as possible.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 18:29
    @whodey

We know trump is a narcissist, but do you think he’s mentally disabled as well?

Did you hear Pelosi?
    She suggested doing it in private so he (trump) doesn’t embarrass himself on his wrong stats.

Dear oh dear.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 18:55
    @shavixmir said
    @whodey

Did you hear Pelosi?
    She suggested doing it in private so he (trump) doesn’t embarrass himself on his wrong stats.

Dear oh dear.
    Pelosi totally owned Trump ... and for all the world to see!

And Pence? What was he there for?
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 18:58
    @whodey said
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/trump-stuns-pelosi-and-schumer-in-contentious-debate-over-the-border-wall

In an exchange in front of the media with Trump and Pelosi and Schumer Trump says he will own the government shut down if Congress does not fund his wall.

He's talking to his trailer park base.
    They love a tough guy !!
    Reruns of Walker, Texas Ranger are getting stale.
    Nothing like fresh TV.

Meanwhile, China keeps hacking. Marriott latest.
    Maybe divert attention from walls to firewalls. Hmmm ?

btw, whatever happened to that caravan ?
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 05:00
    @wolfgang59 said

I fear republicants are so wrapped up in fear and hatred that they really do fail to see what is blatantly obvious to the rest of the world.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 05:27
    @wolfgang59 said

She did not. She'd say let's go private then have another go at getting a last word. If she'd said let's go private and stopped there I'd agree you'd have a point. They were all as bad as each other, and it was at a level we see here over and over.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 06:38
    @wolfgang59 said

Did you notice his body language, leaning away from Trump, gazing terrified into the middle distance, thinking “what in name of f*** was I thinking!”
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 06:42
    @wajoma said
    She did not. She'd say let's go private then have another go at getting a last word. If she'd said let's go private and stopped there I'd agree you'd have a point. They were all as bad as each other, and it was at a level we see here over and over.
    I must have watched a different clip because Trump was behaving like someone had slipped some whiz into his coffee.

What is “shutting down the government” anyway? Sounds like taking my ball home.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 10:26
    @whodey said

“A shutdown falls on the President’s lack of leadership. He can’t even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak”

Who wrote that?

Right, your darling Donald Trump. He was all too happy to blame Obama, but he refuses to apply the same reasoning to himself. And so do you. 'Honesty' doesn't seem to feature in either of your dictionaries.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:12
    @divegeester said
    Did you notice his body language, leaning away from Trump, gazing terrified into the middle distance, thinking “what in name of f*** was I thinking!”
    The funniest tweet I saw was Pence looking down at the floor with the thought bubble "This carpet is the first thing I'm getting rid of."
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:14
    The funny thing about this, though, is that most Republicans were very satisfied with Pres. Trump's remarks to Pelosi.

Unless the opposition is upset with the result, it's probably just a draw.
  12. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:251 edit
    @shavixmir said
    @whodey

Did you hear Pelosi?

Dear oh dear.

Trump lives in his own little world, and so do his followers. This is why they engage in juvenile name calling, i.e. Libtards, Commies, Dim's etc. It gives them emotional security, much like the cocoon does for caterpillars.
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:43
    @mchill said

Trump lives in his own little world, and so do his followers. This is why they engage in juvenile name calling, i.e. Libtards, Commies, Dim's etc. It gives them emotional security, much like the cocoon does for caterpillars.
    "It gives them emotional security, much like the cocoon does for caterpillars."

...and much like a padded room does for psychopaths.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 21:53
    @whodey said

How is it in Trump's interest to bring attention to his failed promise that Mexico would pay for the wall?
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 22:39
    @mchill said

You do realize that the left insults Trump and Trump fans routinely and relentlessly, right?

Like you just did, implying that half the electorate are narcissists living in their own little world...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree