1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 02:46
    It's unusual that a cabal of ex-presidents from both parties dislike a sitting president and that's what you've got happening right now," said Douglas Brinkley, a history professor at Rice University.

Over the summer, Carter told The Washington Post that Trump’s presidency was a “disaster.” And Bill Clinton told a weekly newspaper in New York state after her stunning loss that Trump “doesn’t know much.”

Even the late Bush’s feelings about Trump were harsh at times. In Mark K. Updegrove’s book “The Last Republicans,” published last year, the elder Bush called Trump a “blowhard.”

Ex Presidents of both parties know what it's like to be there, and it's clear none of them have any respect for this man in the White House.

https://www.apnews.com/f10420da35394d30b37d69ec27be6bb6
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 03:23
    Yes Trump is a blowhard. Who disagrees with that. But it helps in manifesting his talents in negotiating. Can you Imagine any of the other guys pulling off what he is doing? Would you like a really bad blowhrd doctor who does perfect work fixing your heart, or would you want a Jimmy Carter-type average not-so-good dr fixing your heart. Go blowhard, I say. And Clinton weighing in on Trump, you give credence to THAT?. He is a proven rapist, his wife a criminal. But you take up space here saying we should consider Clinton’s assessment of Trump?
    And Carter has an opinion on Trump? That should be front page news I guess.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 03:25
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yes Trump is a blowhard. Who disagrees with that. But it helps in manifesting his talents in negotiating. Can you Imagine any of the other guys pulling off what he is doing? Would you like a really bad blowhrd doctor who does perfect work fixing your heart, or would you want a Jimmy Carter-type average not-so-good dr fixing your heart. Go blowhard, I say. And Clinton ...[text shortened]... ’s assessment of Trump?
    Carter's correct. It's a disaster; or, as Trump would put it " A DISASTER !!! "
    And can you provide an example of anything that you might mean when you say that he is 'pulling off what he is doing'.
    He's in over his head. He's unfit. In short, a disaster
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 03:46
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yes Trump is a blowhard. Who disagrees with that. But it helps in manifesting his talents in negotiating. Can you Imagine any of the other guys pulling off what he is doing? Would you like a really bad blowhrd doctor who does perfect work fixing your heart, or would you want a Jimmy Carter-type average not-so-good dr fixing your heart. Go blowhard, I say. And Clinton ...[text shortened]... ’s assessment of Trump?
    Trump is not a negotiator !!
    He has gone through his whole life with a position of advantage and privilege.
    Now he negotiates with others with $19 trillion economy in his pocket.

He does have gall though.
    Who else can hire someone to write a book for him on how to take your ball and go home.
    And then call it art !!

Yup !! A real negotiator !! 😀
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 03:53
    @mchill said
    It's unusual that a cabal of ex-presidents from both parties dislike a sitting president and that's what you've got happening right now," said Douglas Brinkley, a history professor at Rice University.

Over the summer, Carter told The Washington Post that Trump’s presidency was a “disaster.” And Bill Clinton told a weekly newspaper in New York state after her stunning loss t ...[text shortened]... espect for this man in the White House.

https://www.apnews.com/f10420da35394d30b37d69ec27be6bb6
    Nonsense.

They are all good buddies that pretend to have little respect for one another. When Trump is out of office you will see the Clintons and Trumps hanging out together like they did when they attended weddings from each family.

Remember when Trump disrespected the Bushes? Nothing but kind words now.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 15:31
    @averagejoe1 said
    Why do you think most of the other doctors aren't impressed by Trump's rusty breadknife-based heart surgery technique?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 19:262 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    They will give NO credit for Trump stopping fat boy from firing missils off in the Pacific.

They will give Trump NO credit for being the first president in a long time to not start a war abroad.

They will give no critique on Obama letting ISIS take over Iraq and taking out Libya so that ISIS could have it. Never mind the Benghazi fiasco.

They will give no critique on Obama drawing red lines in the sand in Syria and overseeing a mass genocide there and subsequent mass immigration to Europe while doing NOTHING about it.

They will give no critique on Obama giving Iran billions of dollars as they chant death to the US and spread terrorism around the Middle East and build nukes.

Why? Because they are either demagogues or ideologues.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 20:25
    @whodey said
    They will give NO credit for Trump stopping fat boy from firing missils off in the Pacific.

They will give Trump NO credit for being the first president in a long time to not start a war abroad.

They will give no critique on Obama letting ISIS take over Iraq and taking out Libya so that ISIS could have it. Never mind the Benghazi fiasco.

They will give no critique on ...[text shortened]... m around the Middle East and build nukes.

So when he is put in prison, what will you say then? Still the best POTUS we ever produced? It's ok for POTUS to do illegal things, criminal things BECAUSE he is POTUS? I assume you agree with Kavanaugh that sitting presidents cannot be bothered with such details as getting arrested for high crimes and such?
    Even if such crimes are proven beyond a reasonable doubt. That hasn't happened yet but I feel certain it WILL happen, then it will be up to Kavanaugh to give Trump his get out of jail card.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 19:29
    @whodey said

They will give no critique on ...[text shortened]... m around the Middle East and build nukes.

We still have a fat boy in the White House firing off missiles in Twitter. 😆
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '18 04:431 edit
    @sonhouse said
    So when he is put in prison, what will you say then? Still the best POTUS we ever produced? It's ok for POTUS to do illegal things, criminal things BECAUSE he is POTUS? I assume you agree with Kavanaugh that sitting presidents cannot be bothered with such details as getting arrested for high crimes and such?
    Even if such crimes are proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Tha ...[text shortened]... feel certain it WILL happen, then it will be up to Kavanaugh to give Trump his get out of jail card.
    If you ask me, we should put a permanent GOP President in power. That way there will be a 24/7 special counsel out to destroy him and complicit media to bring him down. It's the only way to keep corruption to a minimum.

Put a Dim in there and the media will lay prone with their legs wrapped around the President 24/7.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '18 04:441 edit
    Speaking of being the odd person out at the funeral, Crazy Eyes Cortez wanted to know how could it be that H.W was only 41 when he died but had sons much older than he.

I have to admit, it beats the hell out of me.

Anyone know got an answer?
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    09 Dec '18 05:46
    @whodey said

Like the way Trump is saying nothing about Yemen?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '18 12:46
    @kmax87 said
    Like the way Trump is saying nothing about Yemen?
    At least Trump recognizes that one of the main reasons Yemen is having so much instability is because of Iran.

Conversely, Obama gave them a cash infusion of billions of dollars so that they could wreak havoc on nations like Yemen.

I'm not really sure why it is that the Left is so clueless. Are they really, or do they nefariously support evil in a covert fashion?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '18 13:03
    @whodey said
    At least Trump recognizes that one of the main reasons Yemen is having so much instability is because of Iran.

Conversely, Obama gave them a cash infusion of billions of dollars so that they could wreak havoc on nations like Yemen.

I'm not really sure why it is that the Left is so clueless. Are they really, or do they nefariously support evil in a covert fashion?
    Hey, moron.

How in the world do you keep missing the fact that Obama just released Iran's OWN money back to them? Even you aren't that stupid. I mean, maybe you are, but you've had people tell you this in this very forum many times, and you still seemingly don't get it.

And even then, NO WORD from you about how Trump just released them from their promised halt to their nuclear testing. A real "genius" move, that.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Dec '18 14:13
    @mchill The only odd one out was the dude in the box, the rest apparently were alive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree