1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:34
    https://www.salon.com/2020/09/24/unthinkable-trumps-says-get-rid-of-the-ballots-and-there-wont-be-a-transfer-of-power/

So the cynical plan is in battleground states like my state of Pennsylvania, the STATE legislators are owned by republicans.

So no matter WHAT the ballots say, the plan is to use the Trump excuse of voter fraud, even though that is BS, they will use that excuse to throw out the legitimate electors and install their own which would just so coincidentally be republican and then just hand Pennsylvania over to the repub side no matter HOW many ballots there are or if it is an overwhelming democrat vote, it won't matter because the laws are written in such a way the STATE legislators can steal the election legally.

We have to have a roots campaign to stop that from happening.

It would be the end of US democracy because once in power and more republican SCOTUS they can keep it like that for the next 20 years and democrats would be unable to do a thing about it.

We need grassroots action NOW.

This is not a drill, this is REAL and NOW.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR STATE LEGISLATORS TO SAY NO TO THEM JUST ARBITRARILY THROWING OUT THE BALLOTS.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:51
    @sonhouse said
    https://www.salon.com/2020/09/24/unthinkable-trumps-says-get-rid-of-the-ballots-and-there-wont-be-a-transfer-of-power/

So the cynical plan is in battleground states like my state of Pennsylvania, the STATE legislators are owned by republicans.

So no matter WHAT the ballots say, the plan is to use the Trump excuse of voter fraud, even though that is BS, they will use th ...[text shortened]...
    PLEASE CONTACT YOUR STATE LEGISLATORS TO SAY NO TO THEM JUST ARBITRARILY THROWING OUT THE BALLOTS.
    you demonstrate the need to have nine scotus justices...thx
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:55
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    No, the need would be for a liberal majority of SCOTUS,
    Trump can do exactly what I said, he already SAID throw out the ballots.
    That is as clear an attack on our fundamental democratic values as to require a REAL fight at state level to defeat this cynical plan.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:55
    @sonhouse said

So no matter WHAT the ballots say, the plan is to use the Trump excuse of voter fraud, even though that is BS, they will use that excuse to throw out the legitimate electors and install their own which would just so coincidentally be republican and ...[text shortened]... and democrats would be unable to do a thing about it.

This is not a drill, this is REAL and NOW.
    Yup. They called me crazy for starting this thread:

Thread 186872

This is becoming more apparent with time.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 15:57
    @vivify
    Michael Cohen said it clearly, Trump will not go out peacefully.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 16:22
    @sonhouse said
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    No, the need would be for a liberal majority of SCOTUS,
    Trump can do exactly what I said, he already SAID throw out the ballots.
    That is as clear an attack on our fundamental democratic values as to require a REAL fight at state level to defeat this cynical plan.
    the law is the law...what difference would it make?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 16:251 edit
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    You really don't understand what they are planning do you? I can only assume you are ok with Trump being installed as king LITERALLY. Goodbye preexisting conditions, goodbye ACA, goodbye Roe V Wade, hello white nationalists take over the US and no further elections needed. That is really ok with you.
    And BTW, republicans as we speak are trying to make Covid 19 a preexisting condition and now we are close to 7 MILLION positive C19 here in the US so that many people would lose health insurance if they succeed. I guess NONE of that matters in the slightest to you.
    Your God King will be HAIL TRUMP for the next 20 years and then Ivanka takes over.
    What will you say then? Do you think the US will maintain its influence around the world? Trump has already killed that and if he succeeds in his quest of his LITERAL coup the US will officially join the rest of the banana republics.

But all that is fine with you since you hate the US in the first place.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 16:52
    If the dems want to stack the SJC with lefties, then the current admin has to stack the electorate with righties.

Makes sense to me.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 16:58
    @sonhouse said
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    You really don't understand what they are planning do you? I can only assume you are ok with Trump being installed as king LITERALLY. Goodbye preexisting conditions, goodbye ACA, goodbye Roe V Wade, hello white nationalists take over the US and no further elections needed. That is really ok with you.
    And BTW, republicans as we speak are trying to make Covi ...[text shortened]... of the banana republics.

But all that is fine with you since you hate the US in the first place.
    sounds like a plan to me
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 17:18
    @earl-of-trumps said
    If the dems want to stack the SJC with lefties, then the current admin has to stack the electorate with righties.

Makes sense to me.
    Most of us want a balanced court, something troublesome to you and your cult.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 19:29
    @handyandy said
    like your friend sonhouse posted above?

“ No, the need would be for a liberal majority of SCOTUS, ”
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 19:39
    @sonhouse said

So no matter WHAT the ballots say, the plan is to use the Trump excuse of voter fraud, even though that is BS, they will use th ...[text shortened]...
    Not “LITERALLY” killing it, right?
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 20:071 edit
    @handyandy said
    Let me explain this so even @HAndyAndy can understand it:

Since the 1970's, the left has controlled the controlled the SJC. not ONCE did I ever
    see Rightists complain about this. All was legal and above board.

Now that the worm has finally turned, the democrats have done nothing but have
    apoplectic fits over it!! They want to KILL or die trying. Such Power Piggery!!!!

In my life, I remember three colossal eruptions to an SJC nominee. They were:
    Republican Robert Bork (successful blockage by dems)
    Republican Clarence Thomas (UNsuccessful blockage by dems)
    Republican Brett Kavanaugh (UNsuccessful blockage by dems)

Absolutely SICK of you power pigs thinking that your universe has ended just because
    you don't control the SJC. Sickening display of "fair game".

Elections have consequences. You lost in 2016. Get over yourself.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 20:39
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you demonstrate the need to have nine scotus justices...thx
    Yes.
    Why did SCOTUS go nearly a year with 8 justices from Feb/2016 to Feb/2017 ? 🤔
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 22:36
    @earl-of-trumps said

Makes sense to me.
    Except he's failing even at that. His base shrinks every day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree