1. Garner, NC
    Moves
    30 Apr '22 23:59
    @jimm619 said
    What news sources are you referring to?
    FOX?
    So you think of news consumption as seeing a bunch of assertions and deciding to believe or not believe them? Is there anything else going on in your mind?

Do you ever ask yourself questions such as "why didn't the reporter ask this obvious question?" Or "Why did the news source pretend to have forgotten a relevant event from not long ago?"

I don't think you have to trust Fox News to know you're being lied to by other sources. You don't even have to watch Fox News to know that.

But, yet again, you're moving the goal posts. I say "the news is the enemy". You say "aha, that's just what Hitler says". Then I say "yeah, but don't you say the same about Fox News?" Now you change the subject as if ANYTHING we're talking about depends on whether Fox is reliable or not.

Do you ever even attempt to look in the proverbial mirror to see if you're using a fair standard to consider alternative opinions?
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    01 May '22 00:051 edit
    @techsouth said
    So you think of news consumption as seeing a bunch of assertions and deciding to believe or not believe them? Is there anything else going on in your mind?

Do you ever ask yourself questions such as "why didn't the reporter ask this obvious question?" Or "Why did the news source pretend to have forgotten a relevant event from not long ago?"

I don't think you have to ...[text shortened]... ok in the proverbial mirror to see if you're using a fair standard to consider alternative opinions?
    Yes, I ask those questions all the time.
    You, however, assert that the mainstream
    media engages in wholesale misinformation.
    I simply asked you for a coupla' examples.
    I mostly rely on NPR & PBS for objective reliability.
  3. Garner, NC
    Moves
    01 May '22 02:181 edit
    @jimm619 said
    Yes, I ask those questions all the time.
    You, however, assert that the mainstream
    media engages in wholesale misinformation.
    I simply asked you for a coupla' examples.
    I mostly rely on NPR & PBS for objective reliability.
    And what good would that do?

Do you not know of ANY falsehoods and/or false narratives constructed in the left-leaning news?

You still haven't explained how attacking Fox New isn't just like Hitler too. Hitler said the news was fake (or so I'm told and presume it's true). Most posters here say Fox news of fake. I'm waiting for you to remind your leftist friends of that and tell them that they're just like Hitler.

Edit: I have a friend who voted for Obama twice. After Trump was elected, he decided to explore more carefully the truth for himself. He wound up converting to a Trump supporter after discovering how much he'd been lied to.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    01 May '22 02:311 edit
    @techsouth said

Do you not know of ANY falsehoods and/or false narratives constructed in the left-leaning news?

You still haven't explained how attacking Fox New isn't just like Hitler too. Hitler said the news was fake (or so I'm told and presume it's true). Most posters here say Fox news of fake. I'm waiting for you to remind your leftist friends of ...[text shortened]... himself. He wound up converting to a Trump supporter after discovering how much he'd been lied to.
    There are left/right leanings all over the place.
    That is your usual cop out,
    ''you won't believe me anyway,''
    post a link and prove me wrong.
    As for your friend, who voted for OBAMA,
    I certainly wouldn't list that as a 'comprehensive study.'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Just posting a link or two increases
    your credibility........... talk is cheap 😛
  5. Garner, NC
    Moves
    03 May '22 18:28
    @jimm619 said
    Okay, here is one. Obviously the leftist media got the original story totally wrong. This one is unusual in that it resulted in lawsuits that led to settlements.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2021/12/17/covington-catholic-grad-nick-sandmann-reaches-settlement-nbc/8946470002/

The fact that you couldn't have thought of this on your own without my help says a lot about your information sources (and/or selective memory).

One other that comes to mind is the easily debunked "Fine People Hoax" which can be googled.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 May '22 20:57
    @techsouth said
    Edit: I have a friend who voted for Obama twice.
    No, you don't. You'd have shunned him the very moment he admitted it the first time.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '22 18:21
    @techsouth said

You still haven't explained how attacking Fox New isn't just like Hitler too. Hitler said the news was fake (or so I'm told and presume it's true). Most posters here say Fox news of fake. I'm waiting for you to remind your leftist friends of ...[text shortened]... himself. He wound up converting to a Trump supporter after discovering how much he'd been lied to.
    Good job, Comrade.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '22 18:23
    @jimm619 said
    I dunno. MB posts links all the time. Is he credible?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 May '22 21:42
    @suzianne said
    I dunno. MB posts links all the time. Is he credible?
    Do you ever prove anything to determine it isn't credible?
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 May '22 17:33
    @metal-brain said
    Don't attack the source. Video of the Trump interview is in the link. I know Alex Jones is a lying idiot, but that is irrelevant with video proof.

Trump said this:

“When I say this, our country’s in trouble. Something has to happen and if it doesn’t happen and if we don’t have smart leadership you’re going to end up with no world. The world is going to be blown to p ...[text shortened]... aliban? Does he think we are all stupid?

Don't vote for Trump. He is insulting your intelligence.
    People call him out on it all the time.

I never really cared about most of it. Who cares if he doesn't really have $10 billion or doctored the hurricane map or didn't hire the best people or get the best TV ratings? Don't care.

But then, he lied about the pandemic. He told us not to worry, it's a Democrat hoax, it'd be over by Easter (2 years ago Easter by the way). The entire Trump administration seemed to adopt an attitude that the less they did to address the obvious problem, the less they would be held responsible for whatever was about to happen. They punted to the underprepared states and county health officials to try to make policy on the fly with little guidance and a flood of misinformation.

This lie continues to inflict massive damage on the US. It's an obvious lie, because we have tapes of him admitting the seriousness of it on the phone, and then downplaying the public.

Dishonesty about the big stuff was the problem. Not the 10,000 tiny lies about his golf score or bedroom performance.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 May '22 00:55
    @wildgrass said
    People call him out on it all the time.

I never really cared about most of it. Who cares if he doesn't really have $10 billion or doctored the hurricane map or didn't hire the best people or get the best TV ratings? Don't care.

But then, he lied about the pandemic. He told us not to worry, it's a Democrat hoax, it'd be over by Easter (2 years ago Easter by the way). T ...[text shortened]... the big stuff was the problem. Not the 10,000 tiny lies about his golf score or bedroom performance.
    Not true.

People call him out on some of his lies, but not his lie about criticizing Biden for pulling out of Afghanistan when Trump himself brokered the deal with the Taliban to pull out.

People are not calling him out on that lie except for me. Trump is making up BS political positions as if he was no part of that. Not surprisingly, Biden says nothing about it. That is the fake show they will give you. Just like pro wrestling. It is all a pre planned fake act, political smack talk and all, much like WWF wrestling is fake with smack talk for show.

It is all a big fake show. Trump is acting and Biden is going along with Trump's rhetoric he knows is BS. Biden will help Trump win in 2024. Like WWF the outcome is pre planned. Biden will play the part of the Afghan pullout guy and say nothing about Trump's crucial role in planning that pullout.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '22 21:17
    @techsouth
    What lies were those? Like when Trump said to ingest bleach, cures covid? Or it will all be over by Memorial day? Are you saying it is fake news Trump has lied tens of thousands of times as POTUS? Or how he so graciously tried to ban Muslims from entering the country or those millions of dangerous people crossing the border by the tens of thousands or we are going to build the wall and Mexico will pay for it? Just as a few examples.
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    15 May '22 00:20
    @techsouth said
    We're literally in a thread premised on the claim that nobody calls Trump on lying. And you're supporting your position by sharing old links accusing Trump of lying.

It is clear that using care when assessing accusations is not really a priority around here.

Perhaps your assessment of Trump is more accurate than mine, but it's things like this that prevent you from having any chance of changing my mind.
    Accusing?
    You're funny. 😆

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree