1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Jun '22 22:264 edits
    Former White House aid Cassidy Hutchinson's damning testimony has even FOX News and many Republicans ceasing their cries of a "partisan which hunt" since many of the key witnesses are fellow Republicans. Underneath all the outrage however looms something bigger as several former prosecutors are now mumbling: The prosecution of a former President involves more than just checking the required evidence box's, more than enough of those have been checked...A.G. Merrick Garland now has to decide if the office of the President is so sacred that he will decline to prosecute or if he feels to prosecute would involve the justice department too deeply into partisan politics.

On one hand Merrick Garland is a former prosecutor, well-educated, experienced, and qualified to do this job, on the other hand he's very concerned about his legacy and reputation, especially if he should he decide to prosecute, and lose. Evidence aside, this could go either way - Stay Tuned
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 01:03
    @mchill said
    Former White House aid Cassidy Hutchinson's damning testimony has even FOX News and many Republicans ceasing their cries of a "partisan which hunt" since many of the key witnesses are fellow Republicans. Underneath all the outrage however looms something bigger as several former prosecutors are now mumbling: The prosecution of a former President involves more than just checkin ...[text shortened]... if he should he decide to prosecute, and lose. Evidence aside, this could go either way - Stay Tuned
    I think it's a Catch 22. If the DOJ doesn't indict Trump, he claims victory, runs and wins in 2024. If he is indicted and doesn't go to jail, he will claim he has been exonerated. It was an unsuccessful witch hunt. Trump runs in 2024 and wins. If Trump doesn't run DeSantis will and he is just as awful as Trump, maybe worse. I am not optimistic. Our democracy is in deep doo doo.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 01:291 edit
    @mchill said
    Former White House aid Cassidy Hutchinson's damning testimony has even FOX News and many Republicans ceasing their cries of a "partisan which hunt" since many of the key witnesses are fellow Republicans. Underneath all the outrage however looms something bigger as several former prosecutors are now mumbling: The prosecution of a former President involves more than just checkin ...[text shortened]... if he should he decide to prosecute, and lose. Evidence aside, this could go either way - Stay Tuned
    I find this interesting . You fellers rail on about an independent citizen(Trump) who the learned Sonhouse says is going to do hard time. Let us say he is convicted and busts rocks in a Utah Prison.

This happens, he is gone, and we stare at each other. He's gone, thank god almighty, he is gone. No more discussion.

Ahh, but right before our very eyes is just horrible stuff. The Biden travails? The laptop, gas, inflation, the border, the debt, all current stuff.......................right? (libs like to say 'right' at end of sentence). Current events which affect our lives. Truly, does trump affect our lives? Are not even you libs bored with it?
    An example of corruption is the use of the jet plane and its fuel by John Kerry, Climate Czar, you should see what HE is up to. He gets nothing done and lives like a king. You fellers google that sleaze, I will follow up as I gather more evidence.
    Or, you can listen to McHIll and Sonhouse. Are you fellers for real????
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 01:41
    @AverageJoe1
    I gather you actually wish Trump had convinced Pence to screw the electors and say there was massive fraud so the coup would really succeed.
    Yeah, NOTHING compared to high inflation, HANG BIDEN for problems beyond his control but that doesn't matter in the slightest ONLY because Biden is Dem. If he happened to be repub, it would still be the dems fault but NEVER our beloved Republican POTUS Biden.
    You could also care less inflation and the price of gas is FUKKING WORLD WIDE YOU TRIPPING ZOMBIE.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 10:551 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    I gather you actually wish Trump had convinced Pence to screw the electors and say there was massive fraud so the coup would really succeed.
    Yeah, NOTHING compared to high inflation, HANG BIDEN for problems beyond his control but that doesn't matter in the slightest ONLY because Biden is Dem. If he happened to be repub, it would still be the dems fault but NEV ...[text shortened]...
    You could also care less inflation and the price of gas is FUKKING WORLD WIDE YOU TRIPPING ZOMBIE.
    Actually, it is you 'could NOT' care less, but I digress.
    I don't wish any such thing about Trump. You know that I do not. You do all the Trump diatribe/thinking around here. Surely that is enough. Tell us, whom have you have swung over to your way of thinking on the Forum.
    Anyway, I am worried about our present administration, not the defunct Trump administration. Maybe I will swing you over to my side. For instance, do you think rich people who have busted ass to get rich should pay the bills of people who have busted nothing ? I love easy questions.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 12:51
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    Yeah, NOTHING compared to high inflation, HANG BIDEN for problems beyond his control but that doesn't matter in the slightest ONLY because Biden is Dem. If he happened to be repub, it would still be the dems fault but NEV ...[text shortened]...
    how many times are you going to fall for the dems>oh we really got him this time< only to find out the next day it was a lie, and made you look like a fool for falling for it?
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 12:52
    @averagejoe1 said
    Actually, it is you 'could NOT' care less, but I digress.
    I don't wish any such thing about Trump. You know that I do not. You do all the Trump diatribe/thinking around here. Surely that is enough. Tell us, whom have you have swung over to your way of thinking on the Forum.
    Anyway, I am worried about our present administration, not the defunct Trump administrati ...[text shortened]... ed ass to get rich should pay the bills of people who have busted nothing ? I love easy questions.
    This probably isn’t about trump getting indicted or doing time and it certainly isn’t about the hard core base being deprogrammed because they sincerely wish the coup had succeeded. It’s a good way if giving the swing voter and moderate old school republicans the truth about what trump attempted to do and the threat he would pose if they were stupid enough to vote for him in 2024.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 13:08
    @mchill said
    They should have waited until after this hearing to impeach him (maybe they could still do it again; not sure if double jeopardy applies to impeachments). They impeached him too quickly and in too partisan and environment without enough evidence to get a conviction.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 13:10
    @kevcvs57 said
    This probably isn’t about trump getting indicted or doing time and it certainly isn’t about the hard core base being deprogrammed because they sincerely wish the coup had succeeded. It’s a good way if giving the swing voter and moderate old school republicans the truth about what trump attempted to do and the threat he would pose if they were stupid enough to vote for him in 2024.
    Good point, all devised to keep him from being president again. But should Dems be allowed to spend our money and waste the time of the wretched Dems in this witch hunt? Why
    can’t they rent a school house to use for this crap.....at their expense?
    I mention ‘doing time”, as that is the patter of our Trump expert who has been saying he will go to jail! Of course he won’t, butmy point is, say they find him guilty. Who cares? I don’t get the fascination.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 13:40
    @averagejoe1 said
    Good point, all devised to keep him from being president again. But should Dems be allowed to spend our money and waste the time of the wretched Dems in this witch hunt? Why
    can’t they rent a school house to use for this crap.....at their expense?
    I mention ‘doing time”, as that is the patter of our Trump expert who has been saying he will go to jail! Of course he won’t, butmy point is, say they find him guilty. Who cares? I don’t get the fascination.
    Obviously you are part of the zombie horde base if you think money protecting your right to vote for the POTUS every four years is a waste of public money.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 14:58
    @kevcvs57 said
    Obviously you are part of the zombie horde base if you think money protecting your right to vote for the POTUS every four years is a waste of public money.
    I missed something. Is what you say above the basis for this hearing....to protect the right to vote? I thought it is to get Trump. Please elaborate, but please not what you think, like son house does. Just the facts, ma'am.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 15:00
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Who is going to be the fool when Trump is in prison? I have no illusions that will for sure happen but we hope against hope it does.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 15:00
    @AverageJoe1
    Sure, facts mean SO much to zombies like you.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Jun '22 16:41
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    Sure, facts mean SO much to zombies like you.
    An example of a nothing-post. I'm sorry, Sonhouse, I am just asking you to go back and read some of your missives, you are all over the place and there is no definitive point. Just same ole same ole. Just trying to help. This post here is just silly. All of us write about facts, and facts mean something to everyone. So, your comment is patently incorrect. Cynicism can go just so far, you know.
    Carry on. Drink some water.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree