1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 14:51
    https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2021/06/10/americas-image-abroad-rebounds-with-transition-from-trump-to-biden/

America’s Image Abroad Rebounds With Transition From Trump to Biden

The election of Joe Biden as president has led to a dramatic shift in America’s international image. Throughout Donald Trump’s presidency, publics around the world held the United States in low regard, with most opposed to his foreign policies. This was especially true among key American allies and partners.

Now, a new Pew Research Center survey of 16 publics finds a significant uptick in ratings for the U.S., with strong support for Biden and several of his major policy initiatives.

Looking at 12 nations surveyed both this year and in 2020, a median of 75% express confidence in Biden, compared with 17% for Trump last year.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 14:53
    It's not partisan to say Biden (or anything, really) is better than Trump; even countries that have no reason to be more partisan to Democrats or Republicans agree that Biden is (by far) a better choice than Trump.

Trump is very likely to run again in 2024; Biden will still be a better choice.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 14:59
    @vivify said
    It's not partisan to say Biden (or anything, really) is better than Trump; even countries that have no reason to be more partisan to Democrats or Republicans agree that Biden is (by far) a better choice than Trump.

You certainly don’t have to prefer Bidens politics or policies to prefer Biden the man over Trump the man. One of them is a reasonably stable adult who believes in democracy and the other one is Trump.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 17:34
    The words 'A lack of excrement, my friend Holmes' spring to mind.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:011 edit
    @vivify said

;Better? Then you are saying it was cool to shut down the pipeline ,and to make it easier for people from another country to pour into our country unchecked?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:03
    @averagejoe1 said
    ;Better? Then you are saying it was cool to shut down the pipeline ,and to make it easier for people from another country to pour into our country unchecked?
    Whatever is bad about Biden pales in comparison to what's terrible about Trump. The rest of the world also believes that.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:04
    @vivify said

===Trump is very likely to run again in 2024===

Oh God, please no.

I've had enough of that damned circus.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:05
    @vivify said

I wonder who the last Republican presidential candidate was who'd win a world election against a democratic presidential candidate.

I'm guessing you might have to go back to Eisenhower.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:081 edit
    @sh76 said
    I wonder who the last Republican presidential candidate was who'd win a world election against a democratic presidential candidate.

I'm guessing you might have to go back to Eisenhower.
    I think Ron Paul was a fine choice for president.

But if you're referring to people who actually won the Republican nomination, good question.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:10
    @vivify said
    https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2021/06/10/americas-image-abroad-rebounds-with-transition-from-trump-to-biden/

America’s Image Abroad Rebounds With Transition From Trump to Biden

The election of Joe Biden as president has led to a dramatic shift in America’s international image. Throughout Donald Trump’s presidency, publics around the world held the Unit ...[text shortened]... in 2020, a median of 75% express confidence in Biden, compared with 17% for Trump last year.
    Shocking.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:12
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yes, the pipeline never should have been built, and the other didn't happen.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:14
    @vivify said
    I think Ron Paul was a fine choice for president.

But if you're referring to people who actually won the Republican nomination, good question.
    His son, on the other hand, would be an abysmal choice.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:33
    @sh76 said
    ===Trump is very likely to run again in 2024===

Oh God, please no.

I've had enough of that damned circus.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/23/trump-vp-2024-500632

Trumpworld is already weighing veeps for 2024. Hint: It ain’t Pence.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 18:37
    @averagejoe1 said
    It was never about Trump's policies or so-called achievements. It was always about HIM, the way he ran roughshod over democratic procedures, collapsed the separation of powers, made the DoJ into his own private investigative agency, and turned the GOP into a cowed mob of cheerleaders.
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 20:25
    @vivify said
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/23/trump-vp-2024-500632

Trumpworld is already weighing veeps for 2024. Hint: It ain’t Pence.
    Yup. He's looking for someone who won't do his job.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree