1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '18 15:04
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/several-old-homophobic-tweets-kyler-murray-surface-hours-wins-heisman-tropohy-052857060.html

Should Kyler have his little trophy taken away since it has been discovered he made homophobic comments on Twitter are the age of 15?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '18 14:571 edit
    @whodey

I contend that Murray was chosen specifically because they knew of his homophobic type Tweets as a teenager.

Then they could use him as an example, a whipping boy to promote an political agenda within society.

After all, Dwayne Haskins finished with 4,580 passing yards and 47 touchdowns, both of which led the nation. He broke 11 Big Ten and Ohio State single-season records. He's tied for 10th all-time for passing touchdowns in a single season in NCAA history. He was Big Ten offensive player of the year and MVP of the conference championship game.

Yet he was not good enough to win?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '18 16:08
    @whodey said
    @whodey

I contend that Murray was chosen specifically because they knew of his homophobic type Tweets as a teenager.

Then they could use him as an example, a whipping boy to promote an political agenda within society.

After all, Dwayne Haskins finished with 4,580 passing yards and 47 touchdowns, both of which led the nation. He broke 11 Big Ten and Ohio State single-s ...[text shortened]... layer of the year and MVP of the conference championship game.

Who gives a shyte?
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Dec '18 18:09
    @whodey said
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/several-old-homophobic-tweets-kyler-murray-surface-hours-wins-heisman-tropohy-052857060.html

Should Kyler have his little trophy taken away since it has been discovered he made homophobic comments on Twitter are the age of 15?
    I think there is bigger news going on out there.
    Brexit chaos, Trump impeachment and jail time, etc ......
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Dec '18 18:23
    @whodey said
    @whodey

After all, Dwayne Haskins finished with 4,580 passing yards and 47 touchdowns, both of which led the nation. He broke 11 Big Ten and Ohio State single-s ...[text shortened]... layer of the year and MVP of the conference championship game.

The idea that Heisman trophy voters would vote for Murray for such a reason is beyond ridiculous. Hardly anyone sees the world in the distorted way you imagine everybody who doesn't share your extreme views does and Murray's overall numbers were better than Haskins: https://athlonsports.com/college-football/heisman-finalists-dwayne-haskins-kyler-murray-tua-tagovailoa-stats-comparison

More total yards, just as many TDs, a higher passer rating, etc. etc. It probably didn't help Haskins' candidacy that his team got annihilated by a so-so Purdue squad in a game that he threw 470 meaningless, garbage yards in.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Dec '18 18:24
    @mghrn55 said
    I think there is bigger news going on out there.
    Brexit chaos, Trump impeachment and jail time, etc ......
    These type of minor cultural distractions are important to the right wing for some obscure reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree