1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 19:27
    @sonhouse said
    @divegeester
    Ah, so it's not South Carolina exit. Whew, was worried there for a sec😉
    Surely you don’t live in the Carolinas. I don’t know of any NASA bases near there.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 19:29
    @no1marauder said
    Did I miss that the People in Scotland just overwhelmingly voted for a Party who's platform says:

"The Scottish Government has published legislation to pave the way for a new referendum on Scottish independence.
    No you didn’t; it was more about local emphasis I think. I’m up for them having a vote. I just think they need to slow down a bit and think about the UK referendum before they steam in.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 19:351 edit
    @divegeester
    A nephew does, just went there last week, Raleigh. Lots of traffic. Great Italian restaurant though. Brio Tuscan Grill. My wife does not like Italian food much but was surprised at how good it was at Brio.
    A bit snide about NASA don't you think? I guess you are one of those moon landing deniers......
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 19:45
    @mister-moggy said
    @divegeester

there will be no scottish exit to the EU and no independence.

london will give more freedom to hollyrood and all will be at peace.

the scots did not vote yesterday to leave the UK.

they voted for more freedom within the brexit union.
    No they fukking didn’t.

They voted against brexit and they voted against the tories.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 19:47
    @mister-moggy said
    @no1marauder

yes. because you look at campaign banners and listen to the BBC.

this is why you miss it.

try to learn.

try to think.
    You try to think, you retarded fox-troll.

You have the intelligence of a louse and the wit of a tory voter.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 19:58
    @shavixmir
    In US terms that would be having the brains of a retarded lobster and a Trump voter.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 20:22
    @no1marauder said
    I understand representative government; do you?

Does your logic extend to the UK as a whole; Conservatives got even less of a percentage in the UK then the SNP did in Scotland - does that mean policies supported by the Tories shouldn't be implemented?
    It’s a devolved government so it has to have a referendum conferred on them / us by the Westminster Govt. They will have to give us a referendum at some point but that point will be when the stars align in favour of a no vote.
    There is a lot of anger here about another four years of Tory govt but that’s true of everyone who didn’t vote Tory or Brexit party and much the same as every election.
    But if anything Brexit makes Scottish independence more problematic for Scotland economically speaking, but get ready for Sturgeon going full on Wallace in a bid to get those who wouldn’t normally vote for independence resentful enough to do just that, but I would gladly suffer another referendum just to see Nicolas face if Boris calls her bluff within the next twelve months.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 20:34
    @kevcvs57 said
    It’s a devolved government so it has to have a referendum conferred on them / us by the Westminster Govt. They will have to give us a referendum at some point but that point will be when the stars align in favour of a no vote.
    There is a lot of anger here about another four years of Tory govt but that’s true of everyone who didn’t vote Tory or Brexit party and much the same ...[text shortened]... another referendum just to see Nicolas face if Boris calls her bluff within the next twelve months.
    I grant that the accepted legal position is that the UK Parliament would have to agree to a binding referendum.

But all that the SNP leadership is asking at this point is for Boris and the Conservatives to do so and my understanding is that the latter will adamantly refuse. That seems an outright rejection of the expressed will of the Scottish voters.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 20:38
    @no1marauder said
    I grant that the accepted legal position is that the UK Parliament would have to agree to a binding referendum.

But all that the SNP leadership is asking at this point is for Boris and the Conservatives to do so and my understanding is that the latter will adamantly refuse. That seems an outright rejection of the expressed will of the Scottish voters.
    Scotland can surely just declare itself independent?

And if England wants to stop it, they can send in the army.

FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!

Actually, after the previous independence referendum, the Scots don’t deserve anything better than servitude to a tory nightmare.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 21:14
    @sonhouse said
    @divegeester
    A bit snide about NASA don't you think? I guess you are one of those moon landing deniers......
    Don’t be silly, I’m just mentioning it because I didn’t think you lived in the Carolinas.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '19 09:06
    In voting to be part on the United Kingdom means that Scotland voted to be part of the entire decision making processes and those outcomes. However, I am all for independence and I believe that the Scottish should be given the opportunity to vote on it, but not yet.

The UK’s experience has to be learnt from and therefore at least two things need to happen before there is a second Scottish referendum:
    1) as the EU membership is the key driver, then the Scottish need to apply in principle for membership of the EU and be either accepted or rejected, or at least use some mechanism for understanding if membership is plausible.
    2) as part of their EU membership proposal they need to present a plan for their land border with England and their sea border/ports as would be usual in these circumstances.

I also believe that when the Scotts look at what’s involved with them leaving the UK and joining the EU, the costs vs the benefits etc, they will again vote to remain part of the UK.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 22:50
    What is Nicola Sturgeon going to talk about once she realises that she’s not going to get another independence referendum?

The woman just goes on and on and on about nothing else.
  13. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 23:30
    @divegeester said
    What is Nicola Sturgeon going to talk about once she realises that she’s not going to get another independence referendum?

The woman just goes on and on and on about nothing else.
    It seems the rare, precious, "once in a generation" referendum...wasn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree