Moves
    22 Feb '21 03:22

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 03:51
    Kind of interesting.

I wonder how this would account for Bobby Fischer (Holocaust denier, anti-Semite) and Bors Spassky (anti-Semite, Monarchist reactionary) [1].

I think that it may be possible for these sorts of patterns of "simple-mindedness" to be able to hold up in large, massive tests with regular people, but you have to consider that roughly only 15% of people have IQs above 115 [2].

What you may only be measuring is the "midwit" & the "halfwit."

It seems unlikely that the upper fifth of the population follows the same rules, let alone the upper fiftieth.

And it always seems to be weird to be cheering on studies which show left is smart and bold; conservative is cautious and slow; far right is dum-dum. Just seems to be on the same intellectual level as orange man bad.

[1] https://www.jewishpress.com/sections/features/features-on-jewish-world/fischer-and-spassky-two-infamous-jewish-anti-semites/2014/12/26/
    [2] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/IQ_distribution.svg/2000px-IQ_distribution.svg.png
  3. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 04:055 edits
    Biased report.

Did they say leftist extremists are retards too?
    Nope.
    Did they see how different races can and cannot do complex tasks on an equal level?
    They refuse to acknowledge that.

Wow 330 test subjects πŸ˜†
    How about I pick 330 test subjects from Compton and let's see those results. πŸ˜†

The article said there were no emotional or political questions so how do they know anything about their politics or beliefs?

Just another Guardian article that is only good for an ass wipe when you run out of toilet paper.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 04:33
    In my personal experience I would say that lower IQ people and people on the autistic scale (high functioning autism) tend to hold more extremist views.

Or at least tend to cling to singular, more simplistic, narratives.

Right-wing extremism is a simpler message to comprehend than left-wing extremism.

Although there does tend to be a left-wing extremist surge in seeing historic failings as the primary cause of socio-economic injustice resulting in sentiments as: “white privelege” and “all white men are racist”.
    Which, at their core, are actually simplistic right-wing tropes, covered in a new sauce.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 09:10

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 09:15

7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 09:371 edit
    @philokalia said
    Kind of interesting.

I wonder how this would account for Bobby Fischer (Holocaust denier, anti-Semite) and Bors Spassky (anti-Semite, Monarchist reactionary) [1].

I think that it may be possible for these sorts of patterns of "simple-mindedness" to be able to hold up in large, massive tests with regular people, but you have to consider that roughly only 15% of people ...[text shortened]... upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/IQ_distribution.svg/2000px-IQ_distribution.svg.png
    Some of the most intelligent people in the world built atom bombs, then hydrogen bombs, then biological weapons. They'd build a bloody doomsday machine if 'dumb' politicians let them.

EDIT: Martin Heidegger was highly intelligent, and a dedicated supporter of Aryanism during the NS period in Germany. Just goes to show, intelligence has nothing to do with political sensibility.
  8. Dublin
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 09:56
    Everyone is an individual. These surveys hold little merit.

On the one hand you could have a person inflicted by autism who could perform mathematics problems a d solutions with ease.

On the other hand you can have a person with an IQ of over 170 who turns out to be a high functioning sociopath.

No such thing as your average nut. Every extremist has their own very complex on off switches.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 10:281 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Define extremist views.
    Isn't that anyone who thinks differently than you?

What if you are the extremist and you don't realize it? Most democrats are conspiracy theorists who still think Russia helped Trump cheat HRC from winning in 2016. That conspiracy theory has been completely debunked, but most democrats have too much invested in the theory to admit they were wrong.

Republicans believing the election was stolen from Trump are no different than the democrats. All that is left to determine extremism is who is right and who is wrong, republicans or democrats. They are likely both wrong, so most of both sides are extremists, right?

Extremism is a perception often driven by partisan bias. Conclusion: you are all whacked out freaks!
  10. Joined
    13 Feb '21
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 11:58
    I second that conclusion.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 13:401 edit
    Whatever, but I sure like the part where Trump is trying to protect America from the invasion. Thanks for bringing it up.
    Also Trump would be protecting us by trying to keep spies (Chinese, whomever) out of our country. Do you think we should open all that stuff up and let invaders and spies come into our country? I truly do not understand what you write about all the time in this regard.
    Oh, and why won’t you answer this question?
  12. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 14:13
    old news
    I read a similar study 50 years ago
    same conclusion
    stupid sticks
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 14:25
    @metal-brain said
    Define extremist views.
    Isn't that anyone who thinks differently than you?

What if you are the extremist and you don't realize it? Most democrats are conspiracy theorists who still think Russia helped Trump cheat HRC from winning in 2016. That conspiracy theory has been completely debunked, but most democrats have too much invested in the theory to admit they were wr ...[text shortened]... Extremism is a perception often driven by partisan bias. Conclusion: you are all whacked out freaks!
    No because you lied about Russian agents not hacking and releasing stuff from democrat servers so anything you say after that is null and void.
    Was the recent Kremlin hack of US Government servers a lie too?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 18:26

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 18:291 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree