1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '18 21:54
    @vivify said
    It was explained to you before: climate changes refers to human influence that alters earth's natural climate cycle.

Ice ages aren't climate change; that's just climate. Ice ages are cyclical weather events (climate).
    "Ice ages aren't climate change; that's just climate. Ice ages are cyclical weather events (climate)."

So change in temperature doesn't matter? Is that what you are saying?
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Dec '18 22:27
    @zahlanzi said

Where free market should come into play is when auctioning out the right to build a solar farm to the highest bidder.
    This is a mint idea zahlooney.
    1. Make song and dance about sun energy.
    2. Ban people from building sun farms
    3. Sell the 'right' to build sun farms back to the highest bidder, thereby crushing the little guy who can't compete with the multi-national super corporations.

A lovely scam, backed by the brute force of the state and funded by other peoples money (the pollies favourite kind) Do you get wet dreams from this stuff.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '18 23:21
    @vivify

We're all gonna die!

Somebody tax me before it's too late!
  4. RSA
    Moves
    05 Dec '18 23:40
    @metal-brain said
    Climate change is global cooling as well as global warming. We already know ice ages happen. Is anyone denying that? Nope, therefore everyone believes in climate change.

If you know the cause prove it. If you knew, you would be using the word "causes" and talk about both.

I always know an ignorant person when they think there is only one cause. It is absurd.

Glob ...[text shortened]... rease plant growth and food crops for people and their animals.

It will generally be beneficial.
    Global warming will generally lead to increased rainfall worldwide. That combined with increased CO2 will increase plant growth and food crops for people and their animals.

It will also melt ice, causing rising sea levels, which will devastate the world's densely populated coastal areas.

More heat also = more extreme weather.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 02:54
    @zahlanzi said

Where free market should come into play is when auctioning out the right to build a solar farm to the highest bidder.
    The genius of this stuff. Zahlooney, have you thought of expanding this scheme. How about cutting hair, first take away the right for people to cut each others hair, then, now this is the good part, sell it back to them. You can not cut hair unless you have paid for the right.
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 03:19
    @Metal-Brain You really do have a brain made of metal. Your ignorance seems to be boundless.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 18:461 edit
    @Phranny

If you are a true believer, and not a demagogue like Al Gore driving around in SUV's and living a jet set life and owning mansion after mansion to cool and heat, perhaps you can give the government a voluntary carbon tax.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 02:14
    @ashiitaka said
    Global warming will generally lead to increased rainfall worldwide. That combined with increased CO2 will increase plant growth and food crops for people and their animals.

It will also melt ice, causing rising sea levels, which will devastate the world's densely populated coastal areas.

More heat also = more extreme weather.
    There is no evidence any devastation will take place.

"More heat also = more extreme weather."

There is no evidence of that. I have proven hurricanes are worse in colder climates than warmer climates. You have it backwards.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 02:15
    @phranny said
    @Metal-Brain You really do have a brain made of metal. Your ignorance seems to be boundless.
    This is the debates forum, not an insult to avoid debates forum.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 02:18
    @vivify said
    It was explained to you before: climate changes refers to human influence that alters earth's natural climate cycle.

Ice ages aren't climate change; that's just climate. Ice ages are cyclical weather events (climate).
    Climate change has been happening before man's existence. You can explain something that is wrong all you want. Intelligent people know better.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 02:20
    @metal-brain said
    This is the debates forum, not an insult to avoid debates forum.
    It's also not the "argue stupid hypotheses" forum.

Why don't you push your stupid anti-global-warming screeds in the Science Forum any more? Oh yeah, it's because they know your "arguments" are stupid.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 02:46
    @suzianne said
    It's also not the "argue stupid hypotheses" forum.

Why don't you push your stupid anti-global-warming screeds in the Science Forum any more? Oh yeah, it's because they know your "arguments" are stupid.
    Evidence?

Do you know that methane gas is not causing warming instead of CO2? Nope. Maybe you should be talking about a methane tax.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 06:58
    @Metal-Brain

On the one hand you argue that human carbon dioxide emissions do not cause global warming, and on the other that it is a good thing. Try making up your mind.

Since photosynthesis is limited by the amount of sunlight I don't think increasing levels of carbon dioxide are going to be countered by an unlimited increase in the rate of photosynthesis.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 07:52
    @deepthought said
    @Metal-Brain

On the one hand you argue that human carbon dioxide emissions do not cause global warming, and on the other that it is a good thing. Try making up your mind.

Since photosynthesis is limited by the amount of sunlight I don't think increasing levels of carbon dioxide are going to be countered by an unlimited increase in the rate of photosynthesis.
    "you argue that human carbon dioxide emissions do not cause global warming"

I never said that. I said there was no evidence, but that it was likely. I was simply pointing out that it is a popular theory and not a fact. Many people are too dogmatic to accept that fact.

400 ppm is not very much. I think people are grossly overreacting.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 09:32
    @zahlanzi said

You get the point.
    And this is why we can take zahlooneys commentaries on economics with a grain of salt, he wouldn't know 'free market' if he tripped over it.

Yes-sir-ree we get the point indeed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree