1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 12:14
    Setting up this thread for discussion of the redacted report after it comes out this morning/afternoon. Barr is absurdly having a press conference to discuss with and take questions from people who have not seen the report yet, but that will be a trivial non-event (though part of the spin effort he started with his four page non-summary). The game will be seriously afoot by noon or so when the report gets posted online.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of work to do today and a social event tonight, so I probably won't be able to read the report until late. But I'll be certainly giving my analysis after I do. I invite others to do so.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 12:17
    Waiting for the spin.
    Then I'll read what's left of it for myself.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 12:32
    @wolfe63 said
    Waiting for the spin.
    Then I'll read what's left of it for myself.
    MSNBC has pushed collusion for 2,5 years, but there was none. They said there was no spying...There was spying. Everything seems to me to be reversed. I bet this will now be clarified, and hopefully we can all move on.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 13:37
    @livineasy4 said
    MSNBC has pushed collusion for 2,5 years, but there was none. They said there was no spying...There was spying. Everything seems to me to be reversed. I bet this will now be clarified, and hopefully we can all move on.
    Trump admitted collusion a long time ago by admitting his role in attempting to cover up the Trump Tower meeting.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:03
    @kazetnagorra said
    Trump admitted collusion a long time ago by admitting his role in attempting to cover up the Trump Tower meeting.
    Collusion is not illegal though. What is your point?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:08
    @livineasy4 said
    Collusion is not illegal though. What is your point?
    My point is that your claim that there was "no collusion" is wrong.

If it is legal in the U.S. to enlist the aid of a foreign military against your own country in order to win elections, then in my opinion the law should be changed in order to make this illegal.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:22
    @livineasy4 said
    MSNBC has pushed collusion for 2,5 years, but there was none.
    That's not true. There was collusion from Trump's camp, such as with Roger Stone, friends with Assange, who released hacked emails obtained by Russian-backed intelligence, or Don Jr., who met with a Russian lawyer having contacts with high-level Russian officials, who lobbied against a law passed by Congress which, "coincidentally", is something Putin vehemently criticized.

What wasn't proved was collusion with Trump himself and the Russian government. But the fact that some collusion took place with members of the campaign are a fact.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:23
    Whoops, I see Kaz already responded.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:28
    @kazetnagorra said
    did you not hear the part where mueller said there WAS NO COLLUSION?

my goodness, what is wrong with your thinking?
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:29
    @vivify said
    That's not true. There was collusion from Trump's camp, such as with Roger Stone, friends with Assange, who released hacked emails obtained by Russian-backed intelligence, or Don Jr., who met with a Russian lawyer having contacts with high-level Russian officials, who lobbied against a law passed by Congress which, "coincidentally", is something Putin vehemently criticized.
    ...[text shortened]... an government. But the fact that some collusion took place with members of the campaign are a fact.
    releasing hacked emails is not a crime. ignorant!
  11. Germany
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:30
    @mott-the-hoople said
    did you not hear the part where mueller said there WAS NO COLLUSION?

my goodness, what is wrong with your thinking?
    Mueller said no such thing.

Barr said that Mueller's report did not provide sufficient evidence that a crime was committed during the course of the Trump campaign's known collusion with the Kremlin.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:441 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    releasing hacked emails is not a crime. ignorant!
    The more you post, the dumber you come across.

Those emails were hacked by Russians for the express purpose of helping Trump. A.K.A.: Collusion.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:46
    @kazetnagorra said
    Mueller said no such thing.

Barr said that Mueller's report did not provide sufficient evidence that a crime was committed during the course of the Trump campaign's known collusion with the Kremlin.
    Even then, Mueller's team condemned Barr's interpretation of the report as wrong.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:52
    @vivify said
    The more you post, the dumber you come across.

Those emails were hacked by Russians for the express purpose of helping Trump. A.K.A.: Collusion.
    Tell me...what does it mean to you when mueller says...no collusion?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 14:54
    @vivify said
    Even then, Mueller's team condemned Barr's interpretation of the report as wrong.
    LOL...you are straight up lying! Im sure that would have made the news, why dont you post a link?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree