1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 May '22 14:45
    https://time.com/6174148/republican-states-abortion-bans-roe-v-wade/

After Supreme Court Leak, Republican-led States Ready Legislation to Ban or Criminalize Abortion

Less than 48 hours after a leaked draft decision showing the Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade, Republicans in the Louisiana House of Representatives advanced a bill classifying abortion as homicide from “the moment of fertilization” and allowing prosecutors to charge both patients and providers with murder.

“We cannot wait on the Supreme Court,” State Rep. Danny McCormick, the bill’s sponsor, said during a committee hearing on Wednesday.

Louisiana already has a trigger law in place that would let the state immediately ban abortion if the final Supreme Court decision does in fact overturn Roe v. Wade. But Brian Gunter, a pastor who worked with McCormick on the bill, characterized the complete ban as “woefully insufficient.” Financial penalties for violating the law were not enough, he explained. “No compromises, no more waiting,” he said at the hearing. The bill passed out of the committee with a 7-2 vote.

Louisiana lawmakers and advocates who spoke in favor of the bill making abortion a homicide this week appeared emotional at the prospect of successfully implementing their goal. Critics said the bill was unconstitutional and warned about its unintended consequences. The way the bill is written, experts believe in vitro fertilization and emergency contraception pills could also trigger criminal charges.
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    13 May '22 15:07
    @vivify said
    https://time.com/6174148/republican-states-abortion-bans-roe-v-wade/

After Supreme Court Leak, Republican-led States Ready Legislation to Ban or Criminalize Abortion

Less than 48 hours after a leaked draft decision showing the Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade, Republicans in the Louisiana House of Representatives advanced a bill classifying abortio ...[text shortened]... vitro fertilization and emergency contraception pills could also trigger criminal charges.
    This is the horrible AvJoe. I do not think that women should be told how to handle their pregnancies. Whew. Glad I got that out there, if anyone cares.
    I do think Drs may refuse to do abortions. And the less laws, the better. I do not think that our taxes should be used to pay for the problems of citizens, esp those which are brought on by themselves, such as pregnancy, or for debts which they incur. I do not think govt should pay for a lot things that are inherently the responsibility of humans in the US. I do not the think the govt has any business in the things liberals they should be involved in. Hell, next they will tell rich people to pay more in taxes, but not get any taxes from the 50% who pay NO taxes, who have not skin in the game.
    AvJoe has spoken.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '22 16:141 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    Right. "Brought on by themselves', that clearly shows YOUR POV.
    I guess you figure if a woman just keeps her legs closed she cannot be raped.....
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    13 May '22 16:30
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    Right. "Brought on by themselves', that clearly shows YOUR POV.
    I guess you figure if a woman just keeps her legs closed she cannot be raped.....
    Catch up Sonhouse. I think that we can all stipulate, a victim of rape or incest certainly needs to undergo an abortion. I would do it myself were I a doctor. So please quit muddying up all of the posts about abortion, speaking of rape and incest. It is tiring!! Like ‘Trump’ is exhaustive.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 May '22 18:06
    @averagejoe1 said
    a victim of rape or incest certainly needs to undergo an abortion. I would do it myself were I a doctor
    lmao.
  6. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    13 May '22 19:07
    @vivify
    Looks like this got pulled in Louisiana.

https://justthenews.com/government/state-houses/proposal-charge-women-who-abort-murder-dropped-louisiana-bill
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 May '22 21:041 edit
    Republicans in the Louisiana House of Representatives advanced a bill classifying abortion as homicide from “the moment of fertilization” and allowing prosecutors to charge both patients and providers with murder.

An absolute f'ing outrage. 😠 😠 😠 😠 😠 😠
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 May '22 00:15
    @averagejoe1 said
    Catch up Sonhouse. I think that we can all stipulate, a victim of rape or incest certainly needs to undergo an abortion. I would do it myself were I a doctor. So please quit muddying up all of the posts about abortion, speaking of rape and incest. It is tiring!! Like ‘Trump’ is exhaustive.
    You fail to mention that cases of rape
    and incest ARE NOT excluded from
    the many state sponsored bills.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 May '22 02:27
    @averagejoe1 said
    This is the horrible AvJoe. I do not think that women should be told how to handle their pregnancies. Whew. Glad I got that out there, if anyone cares.
    I do think Drs may refuse to do abortions. And the less laws, the better. I do not think that our taxes should be used to pay for the problems of citizens, esp those which are brought on by themselves, such as pre ...[text shortened]... ot get any taxes from the 50% who pay NO taxes, who have not skin in the game.
    AvJoe has spoken.
    Cut off men’s balls. Then no pregnancies will happen either.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 May '22 12:50
    @sleepyguy said
    @vivify
    Looks like this got pulled in Louisiana.

https://justthenews.com/government/state-houses/proposal-charge-women-who-abort-murder-dropped-louisiana-bill
    There's still a crapload of other red states criminalizing abortion:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/05/04/performing-an-abortion-will-become-a-felony-in-these-states-if-roe-v-wade-is-overturned/?sh=12e961d749f5

You can get 15-year prison sentences for abortion in Missouri, Tennessee and Utah.

Or Texas:

"Texas’ trigger ban would classify abortion as a second degree felony punishable by two to 20 years in prison, or a first degree felony if the fetus dies, which carries a prison sentence of anywhere between five years and a life sentence."

So Texas will make attempting an abortion punishable by 20 years in prison, or a possible life sentence if the abortion is successful.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 May '22 13:39
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Republicans in the Louisiana House of Representatives advanced a bill classifying abortion as homicide from “the moment of fertilization” and allowing prosecutors to charge both patients and providers with murder.

An absolute f'ing outrage. 😠 😠 😠 😠 😠 😠
    Sales of rubbers are going to go through the roof, the Karma will come when all these woman hating Republican lawmakers have to ask for extra small at the counter.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 May '22 20:14
    @jimm619 said
    You fail to mention that cases of rape
    and incest ARE NOT excluded from
    the many state sponsored bills.
    I don't study this stuff, so little time, but if you make a thread on that, given it is true, I would say that abortion be allowed as fast as possible for rape and incest.
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    15 May '22 22:38
    @averagejoe1 said
    I do think Drs may refuse to do abortions. And the less laws, the better. I do not think that our taxes should be used to pay for the problems of citizens, esp those which are brought on by themselves, such as pre ...[text shortened]... ot get any taxes from the 50% who pay NO taxes, who have not skin in the game.
    AvJoe has spoken.
    Not paying taxes?
    Like TRUMP, right?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 May '22 19:49
    @AverageJoe1
    So why are you not screaming your lungs out over some states making it illegal to have ANY kind of abortion, rape, incest and even mom's life in danger?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree