Moves
    27 Nov '20 00:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. S. Korea
    Moves
    27 Nov '20 00:16
    @kevcvs57 said
    Possibly a vaccine bounce. It makes me wonder how much closer the election would have been if these vaccines announcements had been made a few weeks earlier.
    There is a lot of information about this -- many say that the initial test run was supposed to be 32 or so to prove the efficacy of the vaccine, and this was completed by mid October, but the testers decided to make the new standard higher, so the information was not released until after the election.

A biotech sector expert has suggested that the announcement of a new successful COVID-19 vaccine was deliberately delayed until after the presidential election so it didn’t boost Trump’s chances of winning.
    According to Barry Norris of Argonaut Capital Partners, an expert on the biotech sector, the announcement could have been made sooner and was likely delayed so that Trump couldn’t take full credit.

“There are 44,000 people in the trial with half in the placebo,” Norris told LockdownSceptics.org. “They were supposed to read out after just 32 cases in total. It was thought that the trial hadn’t yet read out because they hadn’t yet had enough infections.”

“The trial actually read out after 94 cases, so they delayed it on purpose apparently as a result of “discussions with the FDA”. This smells like they didn’t want to announce it pre-Presidential election in case the ‘good news’ helped the incumbent. Trump must be fuming,” he added.[1]

A friend of mine, who is an anti-Trump European, said that these sorts of decisions are made all of the time by corporations, but also said that it may be the case that it was not necessarily trying to be anti-Trump but trying to simply not play favorites. I really disagree with that, though, because the President certainly deserves credit in the sense that he was very aggressive in pursuit of a vaccine at the beginning, even drawing complaints from people.

[1] https://summit.news/2020/11/10/biotech-expert-covid-vaccine-announcement-was-deliberately-delayed-until-after-election/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree