1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 12:01
    Bill Gates wants to reduce the population to reduce poverty, but some people claim it works the other way around. By reducing poverty you reduce population they claim.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/bill-gates-and-the-depopulation-agenda-robert-f-kennedy-junior-calls-for-an-investigation/5710021

Should we reduce poverty to reduce population or reduce population to reduce poverty?
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 12:111 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Bill Gates wants to reduce the population to reduce poverty, but some people claim it works the other way around. By reducing poverty you reduce population they claim.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/bill-gates-and-the-depopulation-agenda-robert-f-kennedy-junior-calls-for-an-investigation/5710021

Should we reduce poverty to reduce population or reduce population to reduce poverty?
    I would think they go hand in hand in swirl of mutual feedback.
    There are also cultural factors that determine birth rates but there is also a reasonable assumption that lack of social care for the elderly and high mortality / low life expectancy will inform choices about fertility.
    I think it would have to be a two pronged approach involving improving living standards snd education.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 12:18
    @kevcvs57 said
    I would think they go hand in hand in swirl of mutual feedback.
    There are also cultural factors that determine birth rates but there is also a reasonable assumption that lack of social care for the elderly and high mortality / low life expectancy will inform choices about fertility.
    I think it would have to be a two pronged approach involving improving living standards snd education.
    One has to work better than the other. Which is it? I didn't ask for a mere guess.
  4. Joined
    27 Jan '21
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 12:22
    Simple Solution.

Stop giving people money in the form of "mother's allowance" and "baby bonuses" and poor people will think twice about having kids.

A lot of poor women have more kids just to increase the monthly cheque they get.

People that want a child really only need one.
    Poor people having kids or multiple kids is just stupidity.
  5. Joined
    27 Jan '21
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 12:251 edit
    Reduce the population with strategic nuclear strikes is one way I suppose 🤔
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 13:03
    @metal-brain said
    One has to work better than the other. Which is it? I didn't ask for a mere guess.
    Well it’s hardly my fault that your a simplistic idiot who cannot grasp the complexity of the equation.
    Or is plea for opinions just another tin foil hat attack on Bill Gates?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 13:19
    @metal-brain said

Can you stop with all the nonsense from that conspiracy theory website?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 13:251 edit
    @metal-brain said

The key to population control is the education of females. This process creates skilled employable and career minded women. That and that alone produces a society in which the women control the number of children they have. Men will have less say as the women become financially independent. In about 20 to 30 years the standard of living and quality of life will increase.

The issue with Bill Gates and others like him is that this kind of thing has been tried but the people resist education.
    -
  9. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 14:083 edits
    @metal-brain said

Bill Gates is correct. Europe for example has very little poverty, and is experiencing a population decline. I would also point out that Bill Gates correctly predicted this pandemic 6 years ago, and outlined steps necessary to control it. He also warns of the next pandemic and outlines the steps necessary to control that one as well. Bill Gates is not given to bragging on himself, but he is not often wrong.

An excellent interview of Mr. Gates on this subject below.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari/watch/bill-gates-warns-the-next-pandemic-is-coming-after-covid-19-and-how-to-stop-it-msnbc-100185669873

Europe population decline

https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/31/new-study-forecasts-the-eu-s-population-will-plummet-by-millions-more-than-expected
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 14:211 edit
    @metal-brain said

If you want to have an intelligent conversation about where humanity is going this century, you might want to factor in our current climate crisis.
    At this point the crisis is being driven by 2 factors, imo...
    1 - our pursuit of economic prosperity, which is a good thing. But we have to manage that intelligently and responsibly. Our notion that our resources are infinite (relatively speaking) is effectively in the rearview mirror, or should be.
    2 - our increasing global population. There are too many of us on this planet.

The combination of the 2 above means the effects are exponential. Just consider that bringing the prosperity of China and India to a level to western countries would be equivalent to adding 2 billion people to the planet in terms to the load on our resources.

That being said, I believe humanity is responding to the population explosion.
    The population increase is levelling off.
    In fact I have read articles about population projections of various countries.
    This was an eye opener. Many countries will see considerable decrease in their populations, particularly countries like Italy and Spain which have older populations.
    The real eye opener was China. One estimate was China's population is projected to be down to 730 million by 2100.
    India down to 1 billion by 2100.
    The global population is projected to be lower in 2100 than it is today.
    The major offset is Africa which is expected to have a boom in population growth.
    Many African countries have an average age in the 20's, as much as 20 years lower than many European countries.
    Nigeria is expected to have a greater population than China by 2100.

In the case of China, I believe the 1 child policy implemented nearly half a century ago has created effects that are just starting to be felt now and will affect China's population for this century.

Anyhow, before I get too long winded, I don't believe the human population curve will be the product of the manipulations of any 1 person, but rather the trends of humanity in general.

I will leave this post to comments of those who are probably better informed than I am. I'm sure they are out there.

btw ....... I didn't bother to open the link provided. Won't get involved in conspiracy fantasies. Or your Bill Gates fantasies.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 14:43
    @Gratis-Pawn
    Hey, how does it feel to not be Patzering this time around?
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 14:46
    @sonhouse said
    @Gratis-Pawn
    Hey, how does it feel to not be Patzering this time around?
    Ha !!
    I held off on this yesterday. And let you do the honors.
    He must have gotten out of jail. 😆
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 14:522 edits
    @metal-brain said

"Should we reduce poverty to reduce population or reduce population to reduce poverty?"

If you do it the first way all those impoverished otherwise "carbon neutral" people start to use resources. That is why Gates wants to reduce population instead. Also, which problem is likely to be most efficient and effectively solved? Reducing poverty takes large time scales...reducing population is relatively quick. It can be done in a single generation if those with power desire.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 17:15
    @Metal-Brain - Should we reduce poverty to reduce population or reduce population to reduce poverty?

I would be quite leery accepting either assertion from social engineers. they notoriously don't understand the simplest of human behavior concepts.

All you have to do is look at the Great Welfare Plantations in America to know this. What a disastrous waste of humanity they are.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 17:17
    @gratis-pawn said
    Simple Solution.

Stop giving people money in the form of "mother's allowance" and "baby bonuses" and poor people will think twice about having kids.

A lot of poor women have more kids just to increase the monthly cheque they get.

People that want a child really only need one.
    Poor people having kids or multiple kids is just stupidity.
    Do you mean end the earned income credit?
    Doesn't that subsidize reproduction?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree