1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '22 03:01
    The super-rich ‘preppers’ planning to save themselves from the apocalypse?

https://archive.ph/wZ94t

What do they expect to happen? Are they overly paranoid?
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 17:38
    @metal-brain said
    The super-rich ‘preppers’ planning to save themselves from the apocalypse?

https://archive.ph/
    Real, non-hidden link, please.

Or are you ashamed of quoting "zerohedge" (a.k.a. RT) again?
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 17:41
    @shallow-blue said

That link works fine and it is from the Guardian.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 16:07
    @shallow-blue said

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/sep/04/super-rich-prepper-bunkers-apocalypse-survival-richest-rushkoff
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 22:562 edits
    @athousandyoung said
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/sep/04/super-rich-prepper-bunkers-apocalypse-survival-richest-rushkoff
    This is an article about people trying to protect themselves and their families. I get that, but don't see what the Forum issue is. Is it because they are rich? We have always known about the rich, but they are no different than we are, as to trying to protect themselves. So setting aside the concern that they are rich (for whatever reason for concern, , I dont know) we are left with discussing our various ways of protecting ourselves. A street person protects himself by swinging a broom, I protect us with physical shelter and economic (conservative stuff) shelter, actually have certain gold buried in ground. You may protect yourself in lib fashion by all gathering together in groups, maybe holding up candles. To each his own.
    But I don't see why I would think about the rich when I am scurrying around myself!!!
    Maybe the government will save us!!! I think it is in the Constitution. Right after the abortion amendment.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 01:45
    @shallow-blue said

The super rich are willing to risk nuclear war because they have bunkers to survive it.
    Do you have a basement in your home? If not, better plan whose basement you will live in for a few days. Better have a bicycle handy since the EMP will cripple your automobile.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 08:59
    @metal-brain said
    The super rich are willing to risk nuclear war because they have bunkers to survive it.
    Do you have a basement in your home? If not, better plan whose basement you will live in for a few days. Better have a bicycle handy since the EMP will cripple your automobile.
    By super rich I take it you mean the scumbag Putin and his merry band of thieving oligarchs.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '22 00:06
    @kevcvs57
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 05:52
    @kevcvs57
    Bill Gates is rumored to have bunkers at all his properties.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/doomsday-luxury-bunkers/index.html

He will be nice and comfy while you are scrambling to get someone to let you stay in their basement. If you cannot find one within walking distance you will have to ride a bicycle and hope when you get there they have room for you.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 07:461 edit
    @metal-brain said
    @kevcvs57
    Your claiming Putin does not have a luxury bunker, I’m not sure what your point is.
    Do you think that the rich and powerful being much better placed to survive any disaster is a ‘hold the front page moment’ are you really this naive?
    Your supporting the scumbag who’s promising to initiate the nuclear war, that’s how stooopid you actually are.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 08:33
    @kevcvs57 said
    Your claiming Putin does not have a luxury bunker, I’m not sure what your point is.
    Do you think that the rich and powerful being much better placed to survive any disaster is a ‘hold the front page moment’ are you really this naive?
    Your supporting the scumbag who’s promising to initiate the nuclear war, that’s how stooopid you actually are.
    All world nuclear powers have nuclear bunkers for their leaders.
    My point is the rich people will survive while you die.

I support peace and am openly encouraging a peace deal. It is the west that refuses peace, not Russia. You hate Putin so much you support risking nuclear war. That is what is stupid. It is not Putin who will die in a nuclear exchange. He has his bunker to survive it. It will be you that dies.

Whose basement are you going to rush to? Better hope they let you stay there.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 08:371 edit
    @metal-brain said

My point is the rich people will survive while you die.
    As so very often with you, if you would turn down your emotional wheel by a few notches and fromulate a bit different even debate would be possible:

"My point is that rich people will more likely survive, while you will more likely die."

Amen, brother.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 08:40
    @metal-brain said

I support peace and am openly encouraging a peace deal. It is the west that refuses peace, not Russia.
    So who exactly went with strong military force into their neighbouring country with the express aim to remove the government?

If you would be an alien arriving february 28th this year with no previous knwoledeg about history. Who would you blame for the war?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 08:58
    @metal-brain said
    What about the nuclear winter and lethal radiation?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 09:07
    @ponderable said
    So who exactly went with strong military force into their neighbouring country with the express aim to remove the government?

If you would be an alien arriving february 28th this year with no previous knwoledeg about history. Who would you blame for the war?
    That hardly matters. NATO did that to Serbia to annex Kosovo so the heroin could continue to be sent throughout Europe. NATO protects the heroin trade. They invaded Afghanistan to make sure opium production continued and strengthened later. Just like the opium wars before this the elites are profiting from drugs and using military force to do it. Same thing, different era.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree