1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    05 May '21 12:15
    @shavixmir said
    WTF is wrong with you?
    Yes, Santorum is a racist poxed labia.
    Yes, the US had a f&€king horrible history towards its Indiginous people.
    Yes, the US has an equally abysmal record when it comes to its foreign policies.

But to call every white American here self-rightious and that they won’t pay attention, is completely racist itself.

And no, you turned the self-right ...[text shortened]... r whole point by your racist rubbish.

And, hence, Santorum’s scrotum lives to dangle another day.
    Very nice!
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 May '21 13:341 edit
    @athousandyoung said
    I never said the Welsh were English. They are indigenous Britons, closely related to the Bretons in northwest France (these are Britons who, some under orders from Roman general Magnus Maximus and some independently, fled the Anglo Saxon invasion and occupied what is now northwest France, the Armorica peninsula which was the ancestral home of the Veneti. A few ended ...[text shortened]... ure continued in the east"? So where are those people now? They've merged with the Scots apparently.
    No I’m pretty sure you said current day England was interchangeable with bronze and dark age Britain and it’s not. The Saxons and the Angles didn’t really make serious inroads into the highlands or much of Wales. The Vikings did more damage to Scotland than the Saxons ever did and the Scots next big problem was a Norman led England.
    But apart from all that I think your trying to paint far too cozy a picture of the Spanish invasion of Central and South America and the subsequent decimation of the indigenous peoples and their culture. A few indigenous pockets may survive but that’s the exception that proves the rule.
    The age of European expansion and conquest was an age of genocide, slavery, political domination and exploitation that is still playing out today.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 May '21 01:405 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    No I’m pretty sure you said current day England was interchangeable with bronze and dark age Britain and it’s not. The Saxons and the Angles didn’t really make serious inroads into the highlands or much of Wales. The Vikings did more damage to Scotland than the Saxons ever did and the Scots next big problem was a Norman led England.
    But apart from all that I think your tryi ...[text shortened]... an age of genocide, slavery, political domination and exploitation that is still playing out today.
    I’m pretty sure your reading comprehension in your ancestral language is poor.

What we now call England used to be called Britain.

This is fact.

Britain:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Roman_Empire_-_Britannia_(125_AD).svg

England:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:England_in_the_UK_and_Europe.svg

Please clarify - what part of England was not formerly known as Britain?

Of course England is not geographically identical to Britain because what is now called Wales was ALSO called Britain.

I'm curious - how do you explain the demographic differences between USA and Mexico?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 May '21 02:361 edit
    @sh76 said
    Biden is not destroying America, but he is continuing the long tradition of Presidents/American governments intent on making US currency worthless.

Well, more than continuing... he's taking it to a new level.

[I will say that it's nice to be able to go back to worrying about budget deficits.]
    It IS worthless when it's all in the hands of the superwealthy who refuse to spend it but keep demanding more of it.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 May '21 08:22
    @athousandyoung said
    Some countries with dominant indigenous populations -

Republic of Ireland
    Wales
    Greece
    Italy
    Norway
    Sweden
    Saudi Arabia
    Mongolia
    China
    North and South Korea
    Mexico
    I wouldn't put Saudi Arabia on the list of civilized countries. The Saudis recently executed someone, by decapitation, for witchcraft.

https://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/13/world/meast/saudi-arabia-beheading/index.html
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '21 22:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree