1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    02 Aug '20 14:37
    @techsouth said
    You guys neither understand sarcasm, nor reasoned arguments.

The president's call for delayed elections has no more legal meaning than that of anyone else. He is free to advocate for it and probably knows it won't happen.
    Of course you are right. Trump's wafting "early elections" is meaningless, in and of itself.

But the libs just look for ways to take swipes at Trump. Hey, it's legal, however incorrect the reason.
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    02 Aug '20 18:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    02 Aug '20 19:42
    @averagejoe1 said
    Because my neighbor's ballot could be accidentally put in my malbox, he being a screaming whining liberal, and I check Donald Trump and mail it in.
    Research has only shown about 0.0006% of votes cast by mail over the past 20 years were fraudulent. Or maybe it's 0.00006% -- I forget. And aside from the signature that you'd have to forge, which shavixmir mentions, there is also the matter that your neighbor would likely inquire with authorities concerning the whereabouts of the ballot. It would subsequently be voided, like a missing bank check.

What you're arguing is absurd, as usual. Going by your logic, nothing should be sent by mail but junk and Mother's Day cards.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Aug '20 00:17
    @moonbus said
    What is hypocritical is for Pompeo to insist that HK hold its election on schedule, despite concerns about COVID, because the people of HK deserve an elected government, while dodging the question whether the US might delay an election when Trump has created a domestic COVID crisis through rampant mismanagement.

https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/2020-07-30/pompeo-reacts-to-trumps-proposal-to-delay-november-election
    This is actually confusing to me because it assumes that the election in HK would be fair.

I do not know why we are back at that point.
  5. Garner, NC
    Moves
    03 Aug '20 01:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    My involvement in this discussion was to merely point out that a mention of delaying the elections has no legal meaning when it comes from someone with no power to do that.

Unlike you, I can't read minds though, so I'll have to stop. I would be willing to concede that Trump probably cares about winning reelection, in stark contrast to any previous president up for reelection who only cared about the American people.
  6. Garner, NC
    Moves
    03 Aug '20 01:27
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Oh, and I would have thought my sarcasm would have been obvious from the beginning. So maybe not as psychic as it feels.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Aug '20 21:36
    @philokalia said
    This is actually confusing to me because it assumes that the election in HK would be fair.

I do not know why we are back at that point.
    What is confusing? Trump floats the idea of postponing an election on the grounds that it would be unsafe for medical reasons, whereas his foreign secty insists that HK's election go ahead despite COVID. That's doublethink, straight from the Ministry of Truth: "We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Since you mention fairness, Trump is doing everything in his power to plant the seeds of doubt in the voting public that the 2020 US election won't be fair if he loses. It's the same bullpucky he pulled before the 2016 election: he claimed that if he lost, it was rigged. Now he's the one doing the rigging by trying to discount the validity of mail-in ballots in advance. Don't you detect a pattern there?
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Aug '20 02:39
    @moonbus said
    Don't you detect a pattern there?
    The fatal pattern is spelled out by his loyal followers, who swallow the bait religiously.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Aug '20 04:06
    The worrying thing about trump is that so many Americans support him, agree with what he says, like his policies and don’t seem to comprehend (or care) that everything he says and does rubs off as ego-maniacal and retarded (at the same time!).

In most countries this sort of leader is “supported” because, otherwise, the military comes around and rapes your mother.
    In the US there are whole masses of people who admire him.

What the hell went wrong in that society?
    I blame ingrained nationalism (patriotism).
    This whole “America is the best” and “God is on our side” and loving the flag, etc. This must have led to a society of sheeple with a brainwashed view of a country always on the correct side of history. And anything which questions that is then obviously wrong.

Hence their opposing BLM, opposing #metoo, opposing changes to comsumption, gun control, education over slavery (basically anything 1950’s and the American way).

Not a good mentality to have when one considers the influence the US has on the world.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 11:01
    @shavixmir said
    The worrying thing about trump is that so many Americans support him, agree with what he says, like his policies and don’t seem to comprehend (or care) that everything he says and does rubs off as ego-maniacal and retarded (at the same time!).

In most countries this sort of leader is “supported” because, otherwise, the military comes around and rapes your mother.
    In the ...[text shortened]... ican way).

Not a good mentality to have when one considers the influence the US has on the world.
    “When America sneezes, the world gets a cold .”

Now that America has COVID, the rest of the world should bundle up: it’s going to be a rough season for a while.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 20:16
    @moonbus said
    “When America sneezes, the world gets a cold .”

Now that America has COVID, the rest of the world should bundle up: it’s going to be a rough season for a while.
    With a bit of luck the pandemic may help the world kick the habit of depending on the US to help with anything "science-y." It's an empire in decline, and like all of history's declining empires we can only expect revanchism and belligerence from the US as it circles the drain. The US is the Ottoman Empire.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 03:56
    @soothfast said
    With a bit of luck the pandemic may help the world kick the habit of depending on the US to help with anything "science-y." It's an empire in decline, and like all of history's declining empires we can only expect revanchism and belligerence from the US as it circles the drain. The US is the Ottoman Empire.
    Quite so.
    It’s been obvious that US world (economic) dominance was ending (probably by 2040 to 2050).
    trump has sped things up. And when the final faeces hits the fan (probably before 2030) it’s not going to be pleasant.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 04:37
    And now Trump has hit Canada with a 10% tariff on aluminum.

COVID ?? What COVID ?? 😲
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 20:461 edit
    @Earl-of-Trumps

Are you kidding? Trump ALREADY is flouting the law, putting in his cronies in charge of the Postal service for instance and now what do we see, big slowdowns in the rate of delivery of mail. THAT IS A FACT, undeniable. And designed for one reason, keep mail in ballots from being counted.
    He swears up and down mail in ballots are rife with fraud but the actual amount is something like 0.00006 percent which is the reality of it.
    Trump has ONE motivation for this slowdown, to try to steal the election AGAIN.
    And also intel folks have real data showing Russia, China and Iran are all in there trying to mess with our 2020 elections and trump has ZERO motivation to stop any of it since mostly it would help Trump defeat Biden.

And there is the issue of the bounty placed on the heads of Americans in Afghanistan.
    Pompeo is on record saying they should not be doing that but he withheld that from POTUS because Trump does not like ANYTHING said bad about his mentor Putin.

He talked with Putin at least a half dozen times in the last couple of months without ONCE even MENTIONING the bounty issue.

That makes Trump complicate in that issue. I have said all along I think he is the first actual treasonous POTUS in US history.

When all the data are in, hopefully after his sorry butt is kicked out of office come January the charges will start to fall heavy on Trump where his buddies Gorsuch or Kavanagh won't be able to shield him as they are now.
    Even those two have voted against him lately, saying Trump or ANY POTUS is NOT above the law with his lawyers have actually used as arguments before SCOTUS.

Really stupid argument on the face of it.

But I guess to you none of that matters.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 21:18
    @sonhouse
    Are you kidding? Trump ALREADY is flouting the law, putting in his cronies in charge of the Postal service for instance and now what do we see, big slowdowns in the rate of delivery of mail. THAT IS A FACT, undeniable. And designed for one reason, keep mail in ballots from being counted.

That's easy. Don't use mail-in. :-)

And also intel folks have real data showing Russia, China and Iran are all in there trying to mess with our 2020 elections and trump has ZERO motivation to stop any of it since mostly it would help Trump defeat Biden.

China is backing Biden.

And there is the issue of the bounty placed on the heads of Americans in Afghanistan.
    Pompeo is on record saying they should not be doing that but he withheld that from POTUS because Trump does not like ANYTHING said bad about his mentor Putin.

Bullcrap. Intel was not convinced it was real, and still are not.

That makes Trump complicate in that issue. I have said all along I think he is the first actual treasonous POTUS in US history.

LOLOL. sure, sonhouse. He does not mention it to Putin because it is not
    a real enough issue with Washington, but YOU say it is treason.
    You are laughable, anyway.

Really stupid argument on the face of it.

But I guess to you none of that matters.

Really stupide is about what I think of your argument, so... yeah.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree