1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 May '22 13:43
    From the Reuters article below:

"He added that Turkey was not threatening anybody or seeking leverage but speaking out especially about Sweden's support for the PKK Kurdish militant group, deemed a terrorist group by Turkey, the European Union and the United States."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-lays-demands-finland-sweden-121339885.html

That is interesting.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 May '22 15:21
    @no1marauder said
    This is like talking to children.
    Yes. Yes, you are one.

Your arrogance only makes you look even more pathetic.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 May '22 15:22
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    My guess is Erdogan is waiting for a big BIG payday to his personal account....
    And he isn't going to get it, because his paymaster, by now, is broke.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 May '22 15:34
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well if you are perfectly aware of it why are you in favour of giving Putin carte blanch to do exactly that in Central and Eastern Europe?
    What I find amusing is rational people trying to advocate for Putin whilst trying to retain a semblance of rationality.
    Putin needs to be stopped, and he needs to be stopped in Ukraine
    I’ll let you into a well known fact concerning re ...[text shortened]... he body politic of its individual constituent states.
    In short NATO is not your boogeyman, you are!
    I'll skip over your continual lies that I somehow support Russia's invasion. By now, you surely know this is a falsehood, so your repetition of that claim is simply a lame tactic that you suppose bolsters the weak "arguments" you present.

Of course, NATO has become a figleaf for aggressive neocon policy to ensure Western world domination. Glad you finally noticed that, but surely Russia's leaders picked up on that little tidbit a few decades before you did. That is a good reason for its abolition, not its expansion. Bilateral mutual defense treaties would be preferable to retaining NATO.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 May '22 22:42
    @shallow-blue said
    And he isn't going to get it, because his paymaster, by now, is broke.
    From the link below:

"Secretary of State Antony Blinken and NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg have also sought to downplay Erdogan's comments. Both Blinken and Stoltenberg suggested on Sunday that Turkey's concerns could be worked out.

"I'm confident that we will be able to address the concerns that Turkey has expressed in a way that doesn't delay the membership or the accession process," Stoltenberg told reporters, per Politico Europe. "My intention is still to have a quick and swift process."

https://www.businessinsider.com/finnish-president-astonished-turkey-might-block-our-nato-application-2022-5

He will get it.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 May '22 07:351 edit
    @no1marauder said
    I'll skip over your continual lies that I somehow support Russia's invasion. By now, you surely know this is a falsehood, so your repetition of that claim is simply a lame tactic that you suppose bolsters the weak "arguments" you present.

Of course, NATO has become a figleaf for aggressive neocon policy to ensure Western world domination. Glad you finally noticed that, ...[text shortened]... olition, not its expansion. Bilateral mutual defense treaties would be preferable to retaining NATO.
    Your arguing that Putin’s wish list be granted in so far as you want the west to stop supporting Ukraine and NATO out of Eastern and Central Europe.
    How is my claim that you support Russias invasion and constant attacks on the west a falsehood?
    It’s very odd that the same guy who spent four years railing about Russian election meddling suddenly thinks that Russia is the victim of the west rather than its constant tormentor.
    I’ll remind you again that no one, least of all Ukraine, has attacked Russia in any way shape or form and there is absolutely nothing wrong with supporting a nation financially, politically and in military ordinance that is fighting for its physical survival.
    The war will be over when Russia leaves Ukraine in peace.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 May '22 17:241 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Your arguing that Putin’s wish list be granted in so far as you want the west to stop supporting Ukraine and NATO out of Eastern and Central Europe.
    How is my claim that you support Russias invasion and constant attacks on the west a falsehood?
    It’s very odd that the same guy who spent four years railing about Russian election meddling suddenly thinks that Russia is the v ...[text shortened]... at is fighting for its physical survival.
    The war will be over when Russia leaves Ukraine in peace.
    The first sentence is a distortion. The second sentence is an out and out lie no matter how many times you tell it.

What I want is a negotiated end to the war. It would have been better to have these negotiations before the war in response to the Russian proposals floated in December but that ship has sailed. Sending massive amounts of military supplies to the Ukraine merely increases the chances of a long, drawn out destructive war for reasons I've already stated - the West should be looking for a way to support a ceasefire and negotiations rather than pushing for an unlikely military defeat of Russia.

I want NATO abolished so I want it out of Eastern, Central, Southern, Northern Europe and wherever else it is.

You know I don't support Russia's invasion, so why keep lying about it?

I don't support the aggressive Western neocon policy of world domination and I make no apology for that position. Your justifications for various actions by NATO and its member States to overthrow governments and redraw territories are either childish in their naivete or blatantly dishonest.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 May '22 09:59
    @no1marauder said
    The first sentence is a distortion. The second sentence is an out and out lie no matter how many times you tell it.

What I want is a negotiated end to the war. It would have been better to have these negotiations before the war in response to the Russian proposals floated in December but that ship has sailed. Sending massive amounts of military supplies to the Ukraine ...[text shortened]... hrow governments and redraw territories are either childish in their naivete or blatantly dishonest.
    Your proposition seems to imply that nato is alone in its geopolitical machinations, why are you not just as scornful concerning Chinas or your beloved Russia’s meddling
    Why should Russia be given free reign in Europe, oh yeah I guess you do not have to live there huh!
    Your arrogance and hypocrisy knows no bounds. I’ve told you before it’s your leaders that have dragged nato countries into other peoples sovereign territory and and if they cannot they form a ‘coalition of the willing’ now you insist that Ukrainians pay the price for your foreign policy adventures.
    You do not want a negotiated settlement because if you did you would be on the same page as posters like myself and vivify, what you clearly hoped for and apparently still do is a Russian victory parade through Kyiv because without the support of nato and the west in terms of munitions that is the inevitable outcome.
    Putin will have to be dragged to the negotiating table. How many times does Putin have to tell you that western democracies are his enemy before you accept that western democracies are entitled to view him in the same way and do whatever is necessary to defeat an enemy.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 May '22 11:42
    @metal-brain said
    From the Reuters article below:

"He added that Turkey was not threatening anybody or seeking leverage but speaking out especially about Sweden's support for the PKK Kurdish militant group, deemed a terrorist group by Turkey, the European Union and the United States."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-lays-demands-finland-sweden-121339885.html

That is interesting.
    The Swedes and Finns putting the PKK on a terrorist list seems to be the concession Erdogan is looking for.

It makes sense that if you want to join a military alliance, you probably have to stop backing a group that is fighting to claim a significant portion of an existing member's territory.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 May '22 00:55
    @no1marauder said
    The Swedes and Finns putting the PKK on a terrorist list seems to be the concession Erdogan is looking for.

It makes sense that if you want to join a military alliance, you probably have to stop backing a group that is fighting to claim a significant portion of an existing member's territory.
    But the PKK is on the USA's terrorist as well list according to an article I posted previously on this thread. Remember? It is not unusual for the USA to support terrorists when it serves their interests. The USA supports Al Qaeda in Syria for example. Did you hear Biden put troops back into Somalia? That was one of the 7 countries he said the USA planned to take out. I wonder when they will take out Sudan.

https://rumble.com/v1518vt-biden-sends-troops-back-to-somalia-reversing-trump-withdrawal.html

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/mainstream-media-begins-calling-expel-turkey-nato-finland-sweden-seek-entry
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 May '22 07:37
    Turkey’s list of demands to NATO revealed by Bloomberg

https://www.rt.com/news/555655-turkey-opposes-finland-sweden-nato/
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 May '22 14:26
    @metal-brain said
    But the PKK is on the USA's terrorist as well list according to an article I posted previously on this thread. Remember? It is not unusual for the USA to support terrorists when it serves their interests. The USA supports Al Qaeda in Syria for example. Did you hear Biden put troops back into Somalia? That was one of the 7 countries he said the USA planned to take out. I w ...[text shortened]... rohedge.com/geopolitical/mainstream-media-begins-calling-expel-turkey-nato-finland-sweden-seek-entry
    Calm down children we all know that the term ‘terrorist’ is one used by the powerful against the powerless.
    ‘One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter’ But I guess if it suits Putin and Erdogan those two well known peaceful innocents it’s all good huh
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 May '22 21:13
    Turkey's Erdogan hints he'll hold Finland and Sweden's NATO bids hostage unless he gets concessions

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkeys-erdogan-hints-hell-hold-213604714.html
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '22 22:22
    @Shallow-Blue
    Who would that paymaster be? If it is the US, I imagine they could supply him with a few hundred mil tomorrow.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 May '22 04:17
    @sonhouse said
    @Shallow-Blue
    Who would that paymaster be? If it is the US, I imagine they could supply him with a few hundred mil tomorrow.
    Stop being so paranoid. Nobody has to pay people to express an opinion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree