1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 May '22 00:21
    @averagejoe1 said
    Certainly are, given our economy and our security problems. What else can they do, Biden has made it clear he will be doubling-down as time goes on. Well, his handlers are doubling down. Trust me, there is a method in their madness. The 'creating dependents' gambit.
    I don't think libs will ever change their 'gimme it' ways, and will keep putting their noses in eve ...[text shortened]... ee the light, but alas, too late.
    Do you think it is time to buy the dips, speaking of queries?
    Yeah, sure.
    I looked oddly at the Republican candidate winning the governor's race in Virginia, a blue state,
    and looked dumbfounded at this New Jersey Republican truck driver beating the long standing
    democrat president of the NJ senate on the same night. Strange stuff going on but it's going the Repub way.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 May '22 00:33
    @jimm619 said
    It would be prosecutable in
    either jurisdiction. Now, if you planned the crime in Missouri,
    but never crossed the state line, into Kansas, to commit the
    crime, only would The Missouri conspiracy statute, apply.
    Hehummm. excuse my analogy.

It is illegal to hunt moose in Massachusetts. I go to Maine and hunt a moose.
    Can I be prosecuted in Massachusetts? I believe, NO.
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 May '22 00:581 edit
    @vivify said
    https://www.nbcnews.com/data-graphics/map-23-states-ban-abortion-post-roe-america-rcna27081

This link shows a map of 23 three states that would immediately ban abortion once Roe is overturned; that's in addition to states that would "restrict" abortion.

Abortion will be illegal in most of the country. If Missouri's law passes, other states could follow, meaning that e ...[text shortened]... if a condom tears, she is screwed. Most women of child-bearing age in this country are in trouble.
    I would not have imagined this type of result in my wildest nightmare. un-bleeping believable. 🤔

It surely looks like my idea of getting a constitutional amendment on the books would not be realistic.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 May '22 01:14
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I would not have imagined this type of result in my wildest nightmare. un-bleeping believable. 🤔

It surely looks like my idea of getting a constitutional amendment on the books would not be realistic.
    I think maybe we don't realize how many people do not like the idea of abortion., Why does no one here ever mention the 'morning after' pill? If that were commonplace. (work, make money, buy 90 days worth, and put them under your pillow) there would be no abortion harangue.
    Silly me, I guess.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 May '22 02:492 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    Why does no one here ever mention the 'morning after' pill?
    A woman can get pregnant as soon as a half-hour after sex, which may not be enough time to take the the Morning After Pill. Any such woman will be denied an abortion even though getting pregnant wasn't her fault.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 May '22 03:581 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    I think maybe we don't realize how many people do not like the idea of abortion., Why does no one here ever mention the 'morning after' pill? If that were commonplace. (work, make money, buy 90 days worth, and put them under your pillow) there would be no abortion harangue.
    Silly me, I guess.
    Nobody likes the idea of a bloody abortion.
    But that’s just life.
    And 70% of Americans believe the option should be open to various degrees.

Funny how the people opposed to abortion always spew on about the sanctity of life… but are pro-guns, support wars, don’t want state intervention to help poor families and are never bloody vegetarians.

Why don’t men just get sterilized and keep a can full of jizz in the freezer incase they ever want babies? No unwanted pregnancies then.

Why don’t men just have their balls chopped off. No unwanted pregnancies then.

Why don’t men just wear condoms. Far fewer unwanted pregnancies then.

Always shifting the blame on to women. And if it’s the sanctity of life you’re on about, the morning after pill is a bloody abortion.

What about those semen soaked socks that are crusty under your bed? You don’t think thar wasting so much potential life is a crime? Masturbation = murder!

If I was a woman, I’d be a lesbian to be shot of your ignorance.
    However, considering the amount of raping going on, it’s still no guarantee that an abortion wasn’t needed.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 May '22 04:30
    @shavixmir said
    the morning after pill is a bloody abortion.
    Morning after pills like Plan B will not terminate an existing pregnancy (at least not the ones available in the U.S.).
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 May '22 10:50
    @vivify said
    A woman can get pregnant as soon as a half-hour after sex, which may not be enough time to take the the Morning After Pill. Any such woman will be denied an abortion even though getting pregnant wasn't her fault.
    That is new to me, I learn a lot on the forum !
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 May '22 11:081 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    That is new to me, I learn a lot on the forum !
    Let me rephrase that: an egg can be *fertilized* within a half hour. But a woman isn't considered pregnant until implantation of the fertilized egg into the uterus; that can take a few days.

Morning after pills like Plan B won't terminate a fertilized egg.
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    15 May '22 14:031 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Hehummm. excuse my analogy.

It is illegal to hunt moose in Massachusetts. I go to Maine and hunt a moose.
    Can I be prosecuted in Massachusetts? I believe, NO.
    If you cook up an illegal scheme, whether to kill a moose,or rob a bank whether you carry out the illegal scheme,or not, you can be charged
    with conspiracy. Ever notice, when The Government
    lacks a particularly strong case,
    they always throw in ''conspiracy.'' If I sent you a letter,
    proposing an illegal scheme--that's---conspiracy. Course, in
    a case using US Postal Service, it would be Federal jurisdiction.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 May '22 14:29
    @vivify said
    Morning after pills like Plan B will not terminate an existing pregnancy (at least not the ones available in the U.S.).
    Oh, pray tell me, what exactly does the morning after pill do?

Mhmmm… yes… so… the new type of morning after pill can be swallowed up to 5 days after unprotected sex…

And, uh, just remind us… when does the union between egg and sperm happen?
    Oh… mhmmm…

Yeah, well, murder I tells ya, murder!
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 May '22 15:31
    @averagejoe1 said
    I think maybe we don't realize how many people do not like the idea of abortion., Why does no one here ever mention the 'morning after' pill?
    What, you mean the abortion pill? That your beloved "Christian" (hint: no) Evangelical/Mormon politicians also want to ban? Along with condoms and effective sexual education?
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 May '22 15:47
    @shavixmir said
    Oh, pray tell me, what exactly does the morning after pill do?

Mhmmm… yes… so… the new type of morning after pill can be swallowed up to 5 days after unprotected sex…

And, uh, just remind us… when does the union between egg and sperm happen?
    Oh… mhmmm…

Yeah, well, murder I tells ya, murder!
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/02/22/172595689/morning-after-pills-dont-cause-abortion-studies-say

Morning-After Pills Don't Cause Abortion, Studies Say

They help prevent the union of sperm and egg but don't affect an already fertilized egg.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 May '22 05:14
    @vivify said
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/02/22/172595689/morning-after-pills-dont-cause-abortion-studies-say

Morning-After Pills Don't Cause Abortion, Studies Say

They help prevent the union of sperm and egg but don't affect an already fertilized egg.
    How come they work 5 days after sex then?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 May '22 08:27
    @vivify said
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/missouri-considers-law-to-make-illegal-to-aid-or-abet-out-of-state

Missouri considers law to make illegal to ‘aid or abet’ out-of-state abortion

First-of-its-kind Missouri legislation shows that anti-abortion lawmakers in Republican-led states aren’t likely to stop at banning most abortions within their borders but also ...[text shortened]... plus groups across the U.S. that have sprung up specifically to preserve access to abortion.
    this will depend on other states to cooperate with the stupid ones or not. New Jersey governor tweeted they will absolutely not cooperate with any request regarding abortion. And the next one will have to decide yet again. And so on.

You will have refugees seeking political asylum in the same damn country.

State rights, baby. Awesome idea

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree