1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 20:01
    On Monday, our Obstructor in Chief announced via tweet that:

"“Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States. They will be removed as fast as they come in.”

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1140791400658870274

Ok. Maybe it's not a great idea to announce to undocumented aliens that there is going to be a series of raids before you do them, but hey it was right before the Donald's re-election rally in Orlando, so he wanted to toss some red meat to the faithful.

Well, there was predictable political pushback but Trump tweeted not unreasonably at 5:30 this morning (!):

"The people that Ice will apprehend have already been ordered to be deported. This means that they have run from the law and run from the courts. These are people that are supposed to go back to their home country. They broke the law by coming into the country, & now by staying."

OK, fine and dandy. But our mercurial Supreme Leader couldn't hold that thought until noon:

"At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border. If not, Deportations start!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1142506687020130306

Now does anybody seriously believe that the Donald would delay anything because the Dems requested it? It seems that once he's made up his mind ............... well, he's likely to change it at a minute's notice.

Any idea what's going on here? Did somebody at Fox and Friends say something this morning? Apparently Tucker Carlson talked him out of bombing Iran because it might hurt his re-election chances (https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/tucker-carlson-talked-trump-out-of-iran-attack.html), so I was wondering.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 20:12
    @no1marauder

Trump is a blow hard paper lion.

Well...I think he says what he really wants to do then someone cracks the whip and he does an about-face.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 02:23
    @eladar said
    @no1marauder

Trump is a blow hard paper lion.

Well...I think he says what he really wants to do then someone cracks the whip and he does an about-face.
    He's a squish.
    A loose baggy monster in flip-flops and glued-on, orange hair.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 02:41
    @wolfe63 said
    He's a squish.
    A loose baggy monster in flip-flops and glued-on, orange hair.
    Trump is trash, too bad every other politician is worse.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 13:266 edits
    @no1marauder said
    On Monday, our Obstructor in Chief announced via tweet that:

"“Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States. They will be removed as fast as they come in.”

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1140791400658870274

Ok. Maybe it's not a great idea to announce to undocu ...[text shortened]... /news-and-politics/2019/06/tucker-carlson-talked-trump-out-of-iran-attack.html), so I was wondering.
    Mass deportation would not be necessary if it were not for such things as sanctuary cities and illegals being hired across the country. Operation Wetback proved that the issue is being able to make money as an illegal or not being able to. Back then, the US was unified in not hiring illegals, etc. Once illegals saw they could no longer get a job and were not welcomed, they self deported.

Progressives have already given Trump the middle finger on the deportation, and will continue to hire illegals and giving them US taxpayer entitlements, which prompts more down and out foreigners to risk their lives to make it to the US by the thousands.

Now if Progressives would either obey federal law on immigration, then a wall would not be needed. But that is simply not the case.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:07
    @whodey said
    Mass deportation would not be necessary if it were not for such things as sanctuary cities and illegals being hired across the country. Operation Wetback proved that the issue is being able to make money as an illegal or not being able to. Back then, the US was unified in not hiring illegals, etc. Once illegals saw they could no longer get a job and were not welcomed, they ...[text shortened]... obey federal law on immigration, then a wall would not be needed. But that is simply not the case.
    I wish you right wingers would make up your minds; we're usually told how lazy and shiftless all Progressives are but now suddenly it turns out that they run all the businesses that hire undocumented aliens.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:19
    @no1marauder said
    I wish you right wingers would make up your minds; we're usually told how lazy and shiftless all Progressives are but now suddenly it turns out that they run all the businesses that hire undocumented aliens.
    The progressives are duped idiots. The people importing their cheap labor are not the progressives. They are just using the progressives.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:31
    @eladar said
    The progressives are duped idiots. The people importing their cheap labor are not the progressives. They are just using the progressives.
    I've said many times on this board that I think the most useful way to deal with the problem of undocumented immigrants would be to aggressively deal with employers who hire them; fining officials of those companies personally would be a good idea, maybe toss a few of them in jail.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:32
    @eladar said
    You are correct as to who is importing cheap labor:

“Report: Trump golf course knowingly employed undocumented immigrants”

https://www.axios.com/trump-organization-illegal-immigrants-a15ff2d9-6906-4208-aefa-1d284c42a7cf.html
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:37
    @js357 said
    You are correct as to who is importing cheap labor:

“Report: Trump golf course knowingly employed undocumented immigrants”

https://www.axios.com/trump-organization-illegal-immigrants-a15ff2d9-6906-4208-aefa-1d284c42a7cf.html
    Of course I am. The wanna be rich love having their labor they can pay below minimum wage to clean their houses and mow their yards.

Anyone trying to run a house cleaning or landscaping business is being forced to charge less due to lower demand for their services.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:39
    @no1marauder said
    I've said many times on this board that I think the most useful way to deal with the problem of undocumented immigrants would be to aggressively deal with employers who hire them; fining officials of those companies personally would be a good idea, maybe toss a few of them in jail.
    Why only hold up the law on one end? Deport them back to their country of origin or to Mexico at the very least.

If they stay they will just collect our social benefits.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:421 edit
    @no1marauder said
    At the end of the day, assuming nothing changes, what will conservatives have exactly?

A higher debt, no border control, and a Left wing that needed to be energized after the Clinton era.

As I said before, perhaps Trump is a Progressive plant.

They control pretty much everything.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:46
    @eladar said
    Why only hold up the law on one end? Deport them back to their country of origin or to Mexico at the very least.

If they stay they will just collect our social benefits.
    I don't have any problem deporting those here illegally except for DACA eligibles (who were brought here when they were children).

I do think that asylum seekers should get the due process they are entitled to by law in evaluating their claims.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:47
    @whodey said
    At the end of the day, assuming nothing changes, what will conservatives have exactly?

A higher debt, no border control, and a Left wing that needed to be energized after the Clinton era.

As I said before, perhaps Trump is a Progressive plant.

They control pretty much everything.
    Oh, today you're back to that.

Most days you're defending the Donald in pretty much anything he does against the evil Progressives trying to destroy him.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 15:491 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Oh, today you're back to that.

Most days you're defending the Donald in pretty much anything he does against the evil Progressives trying to destroy him.
    I just find it amusing the hate sent his way when in reality he is better than most of what is already there or has been there.

Of course, there is the benefit of saying things that drive Progressives crazy. That is probably what he is there for, but it is somewhat enjoyable nonetheless.

So go ahead, vote against Trump on the erroneous scam that he is a racist and vote Biden, Mr. Segragationist.

LOL.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree