1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 07:52
    @kevcvs57 said
    We are talking about a foreign ( known belligerent ) government not a domestic media outlet. Pretend it’s the same if it helps you sleep at night. But it’s not.
    There is no evidence Assange got it from a foreign government. Assange even implied he got it from Rich. It is the truth and it exposed election meddling within the DNC.
    Exposing election is not election meddling. That is called protecting democracy no matter who revealed it.

Even if Satan himself revealed the truth about the DNC and DWS that is the exposing of election meddling. As long as it is the truth the source is irrelevant.

You say foreign government, but if it was the British doing the election meddling you would have no problem with it if they were helping a democrat get elected. Be honest, it isn't offensive to you if it is any foreign government. You are only offended if it is Russia.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 12:24
    @earl-of-trumps said
    How is releasing information called "meddling" - and is it illegal??

Trick question: Is the New York Times releasing Trump tax returns "election meddling"?
    The publication of financial dealings of public servants is not meddling. It pertains to good governance that the public knows to whom its leaders are beholden and where potential conflicts of interest lie. This is a practically indispensable means of preventing kleptocracy. Previous presidents have released their tax returns voluntarily. The fact that Trump did not shows not only a lack of faith in democratic institutions, but outright contempt for them.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 12:29
    @moonbus said
    The publication of financial dealings of public servants is not meddling. It pertains to good governance that the public knows to whom its leaders are beholden and where potential conflicts of interest lie. This is a practically indispensable means of preventing kleptocracy. Previous presidents have released their tax returns voluntarily. The fact that Trump did not shows not only a lack of faith in democratic institutions, but outright contempt for them.
    what about the release of “partial” tax information to create a false impression?
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 12:36
    @mott-the-hoople said
    what about the release of “partial” tax information to create a false impression?
    Trump could easily have avoided that by releasing full tax information, 3 years ago.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 12:49
    @moonbus said
    Trump could easily have avoided that by releasing full tax information, 3 years ago.
    that doesnt answer my question
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 12:511 edit
    The IRS has civil and criminal penalties for violating tax laws. Show me where any charges have been made?
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 13:381 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    that doesnt answer my question
    There is no answer to your question though is there other than it helps to shine as much light as possible on the mendacity of your beloved leader before November. It’s good that the electorate know what sort of double dealing scumbag is trying to deny them the democratic right to turf him onto the sidewalk.
    Every little helps.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 15:15
    @kevcvs57 said
    We are talking about a foreign ( known belligerent ) government not a domestic media outlet. Pretend it’s the same if it helps you sleep at night. But it’s not.
    First of all, you would have to prove that these alleged hackers worked on behalf
    of a foreign government. you can't!!

Many world-wide hackers for profit are Russian and they are criminals in their own
    country. Let me know when you know for fact, who is who.

Thanks for playing
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 Sep '20 15:18
    @Metal-Brain - but if it was the British doing the election meddling you would have no problem with it if they were helping a democrat get elected. Be honest, it isn't offensive to you if it is any foreign government. You are only offended if it is Russia.

Well worded post.

I would also like to add, that if the Chinese helped Joe Biden in 2020, the
    democrats would be thrilled because....

"That's different!"
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 22:51
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Metal-Brain - but if it was the British doing the election meddling you would have no problem with it if they were helping a democrat get elected. Be honest, it isn't offensive to you if it is any foreign government. You are only offended if it is Russia.

Well worded post.

"That's different!"
    Yeah. I was waiting for him to say it doesn't matter which country is doing it. Then I would have pointed out Chris Steele (former MI6 agent) created the Steele dossier with connections to the DNC which was hijacked by HRC before she won the nomination. Clear British meddling in a coup attempt.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 07:02
    @earl-of-trumps said
    First of all, you would have to prove that these alleged hackers worked on behalf
    of a foreign government. you can't!!

Many world-wide hackers for profit are Russian and they are criminals in their own
    country. Let me know when you know for fact, who is who.

Thanks for playing
    It’s an election sparky no one has to prove anything, public perception is everything.
    Now run along and fetch the ball.
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 12:28
    @moonbus said
    Ok, fine. But you do admit that the publication of Trump's tax records was done for
    the sole purpose of swaying public opinion of Trump. This is Ok, you say. FINE.

WikiLeaks released emails from the DNC, Hilary Clinton, John Podesta and other
    notables. That was nothing more than giving vital information to the public about
    the corrupt Democratic Party and their presidential candidate that the public is entitled to.

Yet people erroneously call this "election meddling".
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 19:27
    @earl-of-trumps said

Well worded post.

"That's different!"
    No we'd be amused because karma is funny
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '20 18:15
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Ah, so the media can have a ball scorching democrats, but repubs are off limits?
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Oct '20 03:34
    @moonbus said
    Transparancy and complience.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree