1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 20:181 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    So you haven’t heard of chaos theory then.
    I take it you’ve never spilt soup down your shirt or tripped over your own feet.
    Obviously there’s a chain of cause and effect leading from and to every event but that’s not the same as claiming that every slip of the tongue is a Freudian one.
    To think you live in a universe where there are no random events from a human non quantum perspective must feel a bit weird.
    Everything has a cause but reason is surprisingly rare.
    Contrary to what you may believe cause and effect is what I'm talking about.

Some reasons are known and some aren't, and an unknown reason is not the same thing as no reason... even chaos is used as a 'reason' for explaining unknowns, but when it comes to slips of the tongue the 'known' is the human psyche.

Someone who practices honesty (is not inclined to lie) does not have to closely monitor their speech so as to avoid "slips of the tongue". Someone who practices dishonestly (is inclined to lie) does have to monitor their speech so as to avoid the truth of what is in their mind from slipping out.

To say that any speech is random and chaotic is ridiculously self derogatory, because if something slips out then where was it before it got out? Was it bouncing around in a chaotic mind generating random thoughts?
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Sep '20 13:00
    @lemon-lime said
    Contrary to what you may believe cause and effect is what I'm talking about.

Some reasons are known and some aren't, and an unknown reason is not the same thing as no reason... even chaos is used as a 'reason' for explaining unknowns, but when it comes to slips of the tongue the 'known' is the human psyche.

Someone who practices honesty (is not inclined to lie) does ...[text shortened]... where was it before it got out? Was it bouncing around in a chaotic mind generating random thoughts?
    But aren’t you claiming to know the reason and that it was a Freudian slip rather than the consequence of a random synaptic misfire or a lack of sleep the night before?
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 00:232 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    But aren’t you claiming to know the reason and that it was a Freudian slip rather than the consequence of a random synaptic misfire or a lack of sleep the night before
    I do not claim to know the reason, and did not say it was a Freudian slip.

If it helps you to understand I can post it again and show you what I said... not your interpretation or how it makes you feel, but what was actually said.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 01:43
    @lemon-lime said
    Wow, where did THaT come from? Do you believe some things happen for no reason? Ask any scientist why anything happens and see if they say, "No reason".
    Slips of the tongue do not come from nowhere. If they did there would be no reason for why it happens.

IMHO Harris either recognises what her role as vice president would be, or she is looking ahead to a possible run at the presidency in 2024.
    Surely you guys know by now that Biden will be shuffled off somewhere post haste, as he never knows where his is anyway (google it) and, then, enter Bernie stage right, and AOC and Kamala will sit down with a plan to take over. You know that, but getting rid of the personality of Trump is more important???? A real head-scratcher for sure.
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 01:51
    @Dendron...Is that anything like THE CHENEY ADMINISTRATION?
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 03:13
    @dendron said
    Surely you guys know by now that Biden will be shuffled off somewhere post haste, as he never knows where his is anyway (google it) and, then, enter Bernie stage right, and AOC and Kamala will sit down with a plan to take over. You know that, but getting rid of the personality of Trump is more important???? A real head-scratcher for sure.
    The Biden candidacy looks to me like a Hail Mary.
    Send the perceived moderate (Biden) scurrying down the field, hope he catches the ball and makes it across the goal line.

Ah well, I suppose any strategy is better than nothing.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 03:36
    @dendron said
    OK. Rubber meets the road! Many comments have been made that Biden is but a puppet, he will never run anything. Guess who it will be. Kamala actually said 'the Harris Administration", on Tuesday. So be you liberal or conservative, ponder for a moment that your true president, with the entourage, will be , ta-da' Kamala. So all the conservatives here are, once again, corr ...[text shortened]... t on this post. Just a suggestion, that as she make her 'plan', we had all get about making our own.
    “All the republicans here correct.”???

Man, you are so self-deluded I’m gonna start calling you the Hindendronberg
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 03:38
    @dendron said
    You do realise that it’s probably better for the US?

But then again, a rabid rodent throwing a tantrum whilst high on LSD would still be better for the US than the current administration.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 11:08
    @shavixmir said
    You do realise that it’s probably better for the US?

But then again, a rabid rodent throwing a tantrum whilst high on LSD would still be better for the US than the current administration.
    You say better for the US than the current administration. Thinking pre-covid, do you think Biden Adminstration will move the country forward as it has been churning for the last 3 years? Do you think that he has he wherewithal that Trump has as far as working 16 hours a day to get things done? The energy? The all encompassing knowledge of the issues before him?

Does Biden have ANY wherewithal, the empty suit that he is? Did I hear that Biden took the day off on Saturday, a beautiful fall day, to campaign? Took a nap, watched TV? Trying to figure how to get out of the debates? Jeepers.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 12:01
    @jimm619 said
    @Dendron...Is that anything like THE CHENEY ADMINISTRATION?
    Jeezus, I hate it when you have a point, Jimm

lol. All's good.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 12:284 edits
    @dendron said
    Do you think that he has he wherewithal that Trump has as far as working 16 hours a day to get things done?
    Why do you buy every falsehood about Trump put out by conservative media?

You realize Trump is a notorious do-nothing president, right? That he's been reported watching Fox News all day instead of doing actual work, right? That Trump's actually called in to ramble for so long, the Fox and Friends cast actually tried to get him off the phone saying things like "I'm sure you have other things to do" live on air, right?

That Trump went on vacation golfing so much, he nearly passed Obama's total vacation time for 8 years after just a few months? That Trump went vacationing so much he went over the Secret Service's budget, causing some Agents to have to work for free? That Trump spends most of days Tweeting, sometimes making hundreds of posts in one day? And that he's made many Tweets NOT about politics but complaining about celebrities? That Trump even shut down the government for the longest time in this country's history, during which time nothing could be done?

There have been countless threads on this forum about every everything I've said. If you still believe Trump is some hard worker, this shows the ignorance of people who only watch conservative media, which absolutely refuse to show anything negative about Trump.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 12:33
    @Dendron
    Hey assswipe, we gave Trump 3 years to see what he would do and that turned out disastrous.

So give us the same thing, drop the BS for a couple of years, don't project what your republican propaganda lines tell you.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 12:341 edit
    @dendron said
    You say better for the US than the current administration. Thinking pre-covid, do you think Biden Adminstration will move the country forward as it has been churning for the last 3 years? Do you think that he has he wherewithal that Trump has as far as working 16 hours a day to get things done? The energy? The all encompassing knowledge of the issues before him?

Does Bi ...[text shortened]... day, to campaign? Took a nap, watched TV? Trying to figure how to get out of the debates? Jeepers.
    I think he feels a case of covid coming on.
    debates getting close.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 13:00
    @dendron said

Does Bi ...[text shortened]... day, to campaign? Took a nap, watched TV? Trying to figure how to get out of the debates? Jeepers.
    trump spends more hours playing golf than anything else.

As for the rest of your drug-induced rant: rabid mongoloid sheep could do a better job of running a country than the republicans.

Or have you not noticed the fires, the flooding, the plagues, the riots...
    Where are the short, middle and long term solutions?

When are dams getting built?
    How is the US gonna combat global warming... or exploding trees?
    Why isn’t there an executive order to wear masks? Or... any other solution?

All we see is posturing, lies, stupidity and hypocrisy.

The president and his swamp of corruption are creatively dead.
  15. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Sep '20 13:07
    @shavixmir said
    trump spends more hours playing golf than anything else.

As for the rest of your drug-induced rant: rabid mongoloid sheep could do a better job of running a country than the republicans.

Or have you not noticed the fires, the flooding, the plagues, the riots...
    Where are the short, middle and long term solutions?

When are dams getting built?
    How is the US gonna c ...[text shortened]... ng, lies, stupidity and hypocrisy.

The president and his swamp of corruption are creatively dead.
    the beauty of it all is that by encouraging mass rallies with no masks or distancing he is killing his own voters
    trump is the dems secret weapon

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree