1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 20:491 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    How about the statues and symbols of the era?
    Nobody did more damage to African Americans than the Democrat party
    but I don't see a movement afoot to smash the Donkey symbol and dump
    it in the ocean. Strange that!

Or the wonderful statue of Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, the Exalted Cyclops
    of the Ku Klux Klan that stands quite erect in Washington DC.

What,, no social justice warriors tearing it down? Strange that. hmmm
    Caught saying something stupid, you ignore that mishap and you revert back to what you kept saying over and over. Like a broken record.

Contrary to conservative belief, leftists don't actually tear down statues all over the country and one every hour. There was outrage and frustration, they took their anger on the most obvious targets.

And since you keep bringing up the Byrd, unlike you i did some research. It took me like 5 minutes. He apologized for being in the KKK. Over and over. He called it the greatest mistake of his life, one he couldn't erase. Was he sincere? We will never know. Was he a saint otherwise? Ofc not. Where it not you complaining about tearing down the statues of people for the tiniest mistakes?

He was a man who was anti-gay, anti-abortion but one who opposed the war in Iraq and seemed he regretted deeply his past in the KKK. I don't care what you do with his statue. But to compare this man with Columbus, a genocidal maniac who lied, stole and killed his way to fame, is profoundly idiotic.

I tell you what, find me a southern slave owner who started feeling remorse over owning slaves and set all his slaves free before the civil war. We can keep that man's statue.
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 10:42
    @earl-of-trumps said

But it IS permissible to slam America by suggesting that racism is rampant in America!
    Isn't that racist?
    No, it isn't.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 16:42
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Really!? Two reports to Admin???

Did I badmouth ONE rhp member? no.
    Did I badmouth a race, ethnicty, gender or place of origin? no.
    Did I wish harm to anyone? no.

But it IS permissible to slam America by suggesting that racism is rampant in America!
    Isn't that racist?

I guess some people want total control
    Stop whining.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree