15 Oct '20 15:54
    Me thinks we’re at 30 too many.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 16:13
    @shavixmir
    What portion of members are american anyway?
    I don't understand how the voting works- why on earth you can only have two runners so soon or why it costs so much money. It seams bonkers from here.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 19:02
    @yo-its-me said
    @shavixmir
    I don't understand how the voting works- why on earth you can only have two runners so soon or why it costs so much money. It seams bonkers from here.
    It's bonkers from here too.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 19:35
    @yo-its-me said
    @shavixmir
    It really doesn't matter what portion are American.

What happens in the U.S.A. affects the rest of the world. We certainly for the most part here in Canada want the guy in the white house out. Many of my American friends are saying they will not be voting for him this time around.

It will be far from over though even if he loses he will contest it for sure. If it goes to the Supreme Courts he has put most them there so know what will happen or at least think we do.

What ever it will not be a graceful transfer as in past times.

-VR
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 20:45
    @shavixmir said
    Including this one?
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 03:07
    @lemon-lime said
    Including this one?
    This is a meta-thread.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 03:09
    @yo-its-me said
    @shavixmir
    I think we have about 5 American posters on the thread. With 1 of them having about 10 identities. It’s just impossible for so many stupid incels to gather together on a chess forum. Just not possible!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 03:09
    @shavixmir said
    If you’re going to bang your fist it’s best to do it a few times.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 03:12
    @very-rusty said
    It really doesn't matter what portion are American.

What happens in the U.S.A. affects the rest of the world. We certainly for the most part here in Canada want the guy in the white house out. Many of my American friends are saying they will not be voting for him this time around.

It will be far from over though even if he loses he will contest it for sure. If it goe ...[text shortened]... n or at least think we do.

What ever it will not be a graceful transfer as in past times.

-VR
    It used to affect the rest of the world.
    But, in case you haven’t noticed, the US’s influence has been on a steady decline for 15 years... and the last 4 it has seriously plummetted.

The world sees a ruined country, on the brink of self-destruction with a clown of a president and controlled by a political party which makes the average banana republic look democratic.

Sure, Canada and Mexico might still feel ripples, the rest of us see the US as a Pythonesque sitcom.
  10. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 09:211 edit
    @shavixmir said
    It used to affect the rest of the world.
    But, in case you haven’t noticed, the US’s influence has been on a steady decline for 15 years... and the last 4 it has seriously plummetted.

The world sees a ruined country, on the brink of self-destruction with a clown of a president and controlled by a political party which makes the average banana republic look democratic.
    ...[text shortened]... Sure, Canada and Mexico might still feel ripples, the rest of us see the US as a Pythonesque sitcom.
    The Soviet Union was a ruined country in 1984, but it still dramatically affected the rest of the world. So, alas, with America in 2020.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 10:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 10:441 edit
    @shavixmir said
    It’s getting a bit spammy for sure. I think the idea is to drive everybody else off the forum through an avalanche of boring as 💩 threads based on ludicrous lies about Biden.
    Maybe the mods should be sharpening their scythe.
  13. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 10:44
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Shavixmir started the exaggeration, referring to present-day America in those terms. The comparison was between the USSR in 1984 and the USA today.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 10:51
    @teinosuke said
    Shavixmir started the exaggeration, referring to present-day America in those terms. The comparison was between the USSR in 1984 and the USA today.
    The USSR in 1984 had intelligent leadership, serious politicians and a drive to become more democratic.

The US today is a cross between Mogabe, John Cleese and turtles shagging in a cesspool.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumpsonline
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    16 Oct '20 12:49
    @shavixmir said
    The USSR in 1984 had intelligent leadership, serious politicians and a drive to become more democratic.

The US today is a cross between Mogabe, John Cleese and turtles shagging in a cesspool.
    I agree. Sad, isn't it?

As far as I am concerned, Jo Jergensen is the only way to go, maybe Howie, too.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/meet-jo-jorgensen-a-principled-but-extreme-libertarian-party-presidential-alternative

On the ballot in all 50 states. Vote with your conscience, not for the person you
    think will win so you can be safely part of "group think"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree