1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 21:36
    @dood111 said
    Crap analogy.
    The democrat party today is trying to take over America.
    Right wingers have been making the same ridiculous claim since at least FDR 1932.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 22:10
    @dood111 said
    Crap analogy.
    Absolutely.

Look at them freek the bleep out when a repub puts judge onto the SJC.
    You think the bleep you just stabbed millions of dems in the back. They lie,
    the kick they bite, they scream.. jeeezus.

Name one time repubs acted that way, and the dems controlled the SJC since the 1970's.

That kind of zeal is friggin scary.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 22:23
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Absolutely.

Look at them freek the bleep out when a repub puts judge onto the SJC.
    You think the bleep you just stabbed millions of dems in the back. They lie,
    the kick they bite, they scream.. jeeezus.

Name one time repubs acted that way, and the dems controlled the SJC since the 1970's.

That kind of zeal is friggin scary.
    LMAO! No, they just refused to even hold hearings or a vote for a Democratic nominee.

You guys are a sick joke; you probably even believe your insane BS.

In fact, 15 of the last 19 SCOTUS judges have been named by Republican Presidents.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 06:56
    @dood111 said
    Crap analogy.
    You misspelled Republican.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 07:02
    @deepthought said
    Who wrote this. They seem to think that journalists, academics, scientists, actors and other entertainers, doctors, nurses, and technologists somehow form an elite who do not have to worry about paying bills. These groups have an elite, so a struggling actor has trouble paying the bills, Keanu Reeves does not. Similarly for all the others he's listed. Had he ta ...[text shortened]... r is actually doing, having used the term "Deep State" several times, is peddle a conspiracy theory.
    Nurses and scientists being “the elite”..

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so dangerous.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 07:28
    @dood111 said
    Nonsense.
    If Biden is elected and Kamala Harris takes over a few months later, THAT'S when democracy in America is in grave danger, because the dems will never relinquish power after that and the USA will become a one party state.
    Democrats are the party of hate and exclusion of anyone that doesn't think like they do, crushing any opposition and putting them in prison or ...[text shortened]... them an "unperson". .
    Just like Orwell's 1984.
    They have been doing it since Obama was in office.
    His do you suppose they’ll manage that?
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 18:181 edit
    @lemon-lime said
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/522420-will-anyone-from-the-left-realize-why-trump-won-again

Weeks before the 2016 election, I sent an email to several media and political personalities predicting that Donald Trump would win Pennsylvania and get 306 electoral votes.

I’m not a professional pollster, but I did work on three winning presidential campaigns, and I ...[text shortened]... probably fail to see themselves as millions of American voters do: namely, that they’re the problem.
    So while some members of the media, academia, entertainment, medicine and science, Big Tech, the deep state, Never Trumpers, the Democratic Party, and various entrenched establishment elites do have the right to join forces to try to defeat Trump, they probably fail to see themselves as millions of American voters do: namely, that they’re the problem.

I deeply apologize for being "the problem" - - but would point out that since Joe Biden is less hated than Hillary Clinton was, and since even she won the popular vote over Trump in 2016, Donald Trump's path to the White House will be a more difficult one this time around, due to the many Republican defections since the last election.

I'm sorry you have issues with those in the medical, scientific, tech, and academic fields, but it so happens they are Americans too, and do occasionally produce things of value, though it's clear you don't see it this way.

Polls are only a snapshot of people's opinions at a moment in time, and were never designed to accurately predict the outcome of elections. I don't know who will win, but since a Democratic candidate has won the popular vote in 4 out of 5 of the last Presidential elections, I wouldn't start icing the champagne for Donald Trump just yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_candidates_by_number_of_votes_received
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 23:51
    @mchill said
    So while some members of the media, academia, entertainment, medicine and science, Big Tech, the deep state, Never Trumpers, the Democratic Party, and various entrenched establishment elites do have the right to join forces to try to defeat Trump, they probably fail to see themselves as millions of American voters do: namely, that they’re the problem.

I deeply apolo ...[text shortened]... ps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_candidates_by_number_of_votes_received
    I'm sorry you have issues with those in the medical, scientific, tech, and academic fields
    I don't. It's an opinion piece by someone who believes Trump will win the election. He's not a pollster, so I mentioned a pollster who also believes Trump will win...

"If you don't like him then try Robert Cahaly. He is a pollster from the Trafalgar Group who correctly predicted the 2016 result."

Polls are only a snapshot of people's opinions at a moment in time
    Yes, exactly... thank you for recognizing this simple fact. How the data is compiled, interpreted and used for making predictions is another matter. If the sampling doesn't accurately reflect a particular area, or if the areas themselves are cherry picked for maximum chance of getting the numbers a pollster is looking for...

See where I'm going with this?

There are factors some pollsters do not believe are important or relevant, but this is often because some contributing factors do not easily lend themselves to (verifiable) hard numbers. If you call someone and ask who you voting for, A or B, and the person on the other end says "A", you have a verifiable number to work with. However, polling for the purpose of making predictions is not an exact science. Having said that, there are a handful of pollsters and others who seem to get it right more often than not.

And (depending on where you look) the purpose isn't always "to get it right", but to encourage one side to get out and vote and to suppress the enthusiasm of the other side.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '20 00:11
    @lemon-lime said
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/522420-will-anyone-from-the-left-realize-why-trump-won-again

Weeks before the 2016 election, I sent an email to several media and political personalities predicting that Donald Trump would win Pennsylvania and get 306 electoral votes.

I’m not a professional pollster, but I did work on three winning presidential campaigns, and I ...[text shortened]... probably fail to see themselves as millions of American voters do: namely, that they’re the problem.
    I would be willing to bet a years membership at RHP . Dems win is my bet .
    You game ??
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Oct '20 00:44
    @caissad4 said
    I would be willing to bet a years membership at RHP . Dems win is my bet .
    You game ??
    I'll get back to you on that next Wednesday... naw, I don't bet on elections. I'm not emotionally or monetarily invested in election results.
    Some people here are very much emotionally invested. We will either be hearing mega-gloating or mega-whining from them.

Biden might win the popular vote, just as Hillary did in 2016.
    Four years ago I predicted Trump would win the election. He did, and it wasn't contested.
    Four years ago he didn't have a political track record, but now he does. What is interesting about this is Democrats believe this works against him, whereas Republicans believe it works for him.

As Mr Spock would say, "Fascinating".
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '20 01:29
    @lemon-lime said
    I'll get back to you on that next Wednesday... naw, I don't bet on elections. I'm not emotionally or monetarily invested in election results.
    Some people here are very much emotionally invested. We will either be hearing mega-gloating or mega-whining from them.

Four years ago I predicted Trump would win th ...[text shortened]... against him, whereas Republicans believe it works for him.

Oh , I see .
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Oct '20 02:21
    @caissad4 said
    Oh , I see .
    Would it be fair for me to guess you believe Trump's track record works against him?
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Oct '20 06:10
    @lemon-lime said
    Would it be fair for me to guess you believe Trump's track record works against him?
    It should work against him.
    But America is full of dumb arse sheeple.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 Oct '20 07:30
    @lemon-lime said

Four years ago I predicted Trump would win th ...[text shortened]... against him, whereas Republicans believe it works for him.

Hahaha oh yeah he’s got a political track record like Ted Bundy has a track record for one night stands.
    Btw he’s still railing against the lock down and mocking mask wearers. I don’t bet on elections either but I’d take a bet that another four years of trump will will be four more years of civil unrest by the Democratic majority against the minority Republican White House.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Oct '20 17:34
    if Biden wins... YouTube

if Trump wins... YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree