1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '22 02:53
    @averagejoe1 said
    This post says nothing .
    What was the ‘thing’ that delayed marriage and first home? Not a difficult question. All my questions are easy. And easier to comprehend than your post above.
    You got this.
    This thread is you writing words I didn't write and saying I wrote them.

Why's "thing" in quotes here?
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '22 19:02
    @averagejoe1 said
    But,What is my fault,Shallow?.
    Well, your first fault is having no idea how those dotty and liney things on your keyboard work and where they belong. For the record, they're called "punctuation marks", and literate people know how to use them.

Your second fault is imitating Metal Brain by reading things in people's posts which they definitely did not write, turning them into a right-wing screeching rant, and asking them why they wrote your version, not theirs. It's not a nice habit. Please learn to respond to points actually made, not to points your raving brain makes up for other people.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Sep '22 20:19
    @wildgrass said
    This thread is you writing words I didn't write and saying I wrote them.

Why's "thing" in quotes here?
    It is in quotes so that the sentence makes sense. Whatever entity that is causing you to be behind in marriage and acquiring a house could be a person or a govt agency or a tree down in the road, so I have asked you what 'it' is that is holding you back from happiness.
    I guess I could use another word, but most folks get it....the quote is to make it clear that we don't know what it is.
    BtW, why don't you tell us? I think that the 'thing' is the government, but can't be sure, and you won't tell us. Why don't libs answer questions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree