1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 16:141 edit
    @jimm619
    @Philokalia

I agreed with both of you. Both posts, well said.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 17:161 edit
    I agree that the Palestinians have a right to resist by force their oppressors and occupiers, but they too must follow the rules of war. This is the same position I have taken regarding the Ukraine defense against Russian invasion.

Attacks targeting civilians violate those rules.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 19:36
    @vivify said
    Then I got the order of events wrong.

This wave of conflict started after the arrest of the Palestinian leader while Israel also closed off a vital border.
    Israel heavily attacked Gaza with a pre-emptive strike, Gaza then responded. That sounds correct, right?

My point remains that Israel's actions force Gaza's hand but this wasn't even such a case; Gaza is acting in self-defense.
    I’m not sure Gaza has responded yet it seems to be a quite a minority jihadi group that have been threatening to react over the arrest of one if their leaders.
    But yes if and when Gaza tries to strike back at Israel it will be framed as a terrorist attack rather than one community striking back at a community that struck first. Israel could kill any number of Gaza civilians and it will be framed as a legitimate police or military action with collateral damage but if one Israeli us killed it’s a terrorist death.
    Same old same old.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumpsonline
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 21:20
    I wonder how many people realize that many Palestinians have title to the home that was stolen from them? Anyway...

All citizens of Israel are considered part of the military. Palestinians do not have to apologize for warring against
    the military that keeps them away from their property.

Israel can always claim "victory" in the many uprisings they face. What they can never know is... peace.
    Israel is under attack constantly and it will stay that way forever, praise the Lord.
    I think Jews/Israelis should consult the ten commandments again and see:
    THOU SHALT NOT KILL; THOU SHALT NOT STEAL
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 22:24
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I wonder how many people realize that many Palestinians have title to the home that was stolen from them? Anyway...

All citizens of Israel are considered part of the military. Palestinians do not have to apologize for warring against

Israel can always claim "victory" in the many uprisings they face. What th ...[text shortened]... raelis should consult the ten commandments again and see:
    “I think Jews/Israelis should consult the ten commandments again and see:
    THOU SHALT NOT KILL; THOU SHALT NOT STEAL”

where does it say thou shalt not defend yourself?
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 22:25
    @kevcvs57 said
    I’m not sure Gaza has responded yet it seems to be a quite a minority jihadi group that have been threatening to react over the arrest of one if their leaders.
    But yes if and when Gaza tries to strike back at Israel it will be framed as a terrorist attack rather than one community striking back at a community that struck first. Israel could kill any number of Gaza civilians ...[text shortened]... tion with collateral damage but if one Israeli us killed it’s a terrorist death.
    Same old same old.
    “But yes if and when Gaza tries to strike back at Israel it will be framed as a terrorist attack rather than one community striking back at a community that struck first.”

WHO struck first?
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 22:26
    @earl-of-trumps said

Israel can always claim "victory" in the many uprisings they face. What th ...[text shortened]... raelis should consult the ten commandments again and see:
    “All citizens of Israel are considered part of the military.”
    utterly stupid comment
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 22:27
    @earl-of-trumps said

“I wonder how many people realize that many Palestinians have title to the home that was stolen from them?”

who issued a title?
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumpsonline
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 02:331 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    “I think Jews/Israelis should consult the ten commandments again and see:
    THOU SHALT NOT KILL; THOU SHALT NOT STEAL”

where does it say thou shalt not defend yourself?
    Israel finds itself "defending" because of many prior infractions of the ten commandments.
    In 1947 (before Israel), the 'peaceful' Jewish settlers uprooted 700,000 Palestinians and chased them out of Palestine.
    Of course, many died who refused to accede and vacate. The vacated Palestinians and decedents have been given
    the "right of return" by the United Nations but Israel refuses to allow reentry for the displaced.

Since then, there have been many more land grabs and displacements by Israel, with illegal settlements being erected continually.

That's your Israel.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumpsonline
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 03:04
    @mott-the-hoople said
    “I wonder how many people realize that many Palestinians have title to the home that was stolen from them?”

who issued a title?
    Palestinian authorities, who the heck do you think. The Israelis destroyed the Palestinian Title Registry in 1947
    but some records were kept with the Ottoman Empire archives.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 10:23
    @mott-the-hoople said
    “But yes if and when Gaza tries to strike back at Israel it will be framed as a terrorist attack rather than one community striking back at a community that struck first.”

WHO struck first?
    Israel struck first they fired directly into a civilian building trying to kill members of a jihadi group who had been THREATENING to retaliate over the arrest of one of their leaders. They killed eleven people including a young girl.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 10:57
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Israel finds itself "defending" because of many prior infractions of the ten commandments.
    In 1947 (before Israel), the 'peaceful' Jewish settlers uprooted 700,000 Palestinians and chased them out of Palestine.
    Of course, many died who refused to accede and vacate. The vacated Palestinians and decedents have been given
    the "right of return" by the United Nations bu ...[text shortened]... isplacements by Israel, with illegal settlements being erected continually.

That's your Israel.
    how does the UN have a right to give orders on something that isnt a nation?
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 11:04
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Palestinian authorities, who the heck do you think. The Israelis destroyed the Palestinian Title Registry in 1947
    but some records were kept with the Ottoman Empire archives.
    do palestinian authorities control gaza?

if you think they do, by what right?
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 11:05
    @kevcvs57 said
    Israel struck first they fired directly into a civilian building trying to kill members of a jihadi group who had been THREATENING to retaliate over the arrest of one of their leaders. They killed eleven people including a young girl.
    you are lying…

https://www.foxnews.com/world/palestinian-islamic-jihads-rocket-barrages-israel-trace-irans-regional-tentacles-experts-say
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 12:07
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you are lying…

https://www.foxnews.com/world/palestinian-islamic-jihads-rocket-barrages-israel-trace-irans-regional-tentacles-experts-say
    Hahaha the accusation of lying followed by a faux news link 😂😂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree