1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    04 Dec '22 23:551 edit
    The Justice Department is so pro-Democratic party, it's sickening.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Ex-Intelligence Officials Who Said Hunter Biden Laptop Story Was a Russian Operation Silent After Twitter Files Released

Leon Panetta, a former CIA director and defense secretary, John Brennan a former CIA director, Mike Hayden, a former CIA director, and Jim Clapper, a former director of national intelligence — who all once said The Post’s reporting had ‘all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation,’ — declined or did not respond to request for comment about whether the latest disclosures had changed their opinion.

On Friday, journalist Matt Taibbi released internal Twitter emails discussing the company’s decision to suppress the story — which included locking the Post‘s Twitter account, deleting tweets that linked the story, or tweets that even referenced the story.

The emails showed that Twitter officials decided to take these actions on the possibility the story contained hacked materials, even though there was no evidence or a government finding of any hacked materials. The emails also showed that some Twitter employees questioned using that justification.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Russia Russia Russia!!" - Lying suckbags.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/03/ex-intelligence-officials-who-said-hunter-biden-laptop-story-was-a-russian-operation-silent-after-twitter-files-released/
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:09
    @earl-of-trumps said

Ex-Intelligence Officials Who Said Hunter Biden Laptop Story Was a Russian Operation Silent After Twitter Files Released

[i]Leon Panetta, a former CIA director and defense secretary, John Brennan a former CIA director, Mike Hayden, ...[text shortened]... ials-who-said-hunter-biden-laptop-story-was-a-russian-operation-silent-after-twitter-files-released/
    The party of law enforcement. Back the blue.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 07:212 edits
    @Earl-of-Trumps

Earl, why is this an issue? Twitter is a private club, it can publish or not publish or delete anything, and banish any member, it wants. There are no entitlements.

If twitter decision makers knew then what they know now, they might have come to a different decision, but given what they thought they knew then and what appeared plausible then, I don’t see how anyone has an entitlement now that something should have been published then.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/02/tech/musk-twitter-hunter-biden/index.html
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 07:47
    @moonbus said
    @Earl-of-Trumps

Earl, why is this an issue? Twitter is a private club, it can publish or not publish or delete anything, and banish any member, it wants. There are no entitlements.

If twitter decision makers knew then what they know now, they might have come to a different decision, but given what they thought they knew then and what appeared plausible then, I don’t s ...[text shortened]... een published then.

Because twitter has a lot of power and they are using it to election meddle.
    Remember when RT placing ads on facebook was falsely called election meddling?

Perhaps you should explain when election meddling is acceptable and not acceptable. Why is domestic election meddling acceptable?
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 08:31
    @metal-brain said

Perhaps you should explain when election meddling is acceptable and not acceptable. Why is domestic election meddling acceptable?
    Hey idiot Twitter is US entity it cannot ‘meddle’ in US elections by definition
    RT on the other hand is a direct and integral part of the Kremlins propaganda operations anything it does regarding US elections and opinion making is by definition election meddling by a foreign power
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 08:376 edits
    @metal-brain said

There are laws regulating what foreign governments or agents may and may not do viz a viz U.S. domestic affairs. No foreign power or agent may contribute campaign money to a U.S. party or candidate, for example.

An action which constitutes meddling by a foreign power or agent may very well be allowed domestically; it's called "campaign contributions" or "influencing" or "advocating" or "lobbying" not "meddling" if domestic. Furthermore, any foreign agent who wants to lobby the U.S. govt must register with the U.S. govt., whereas domestic lobbyists need not. If a Texas billionaire gives money to anti-abortion candidates it's perfectly legal, if a Russian oligarch does, it's not. What part of that don't you understand?

Despite what you have denied many times, Russian agents did meddle in the 2016 election. Two independent investigative commissions, one from the DoJ and one from the U.S. Senate Intel Committee, found enough evidence to issue indictments.

There is no entitlement to publish anything on twitter, just as no one has an entitlement that the NY Times or the Wash. Post publish an article or a letter to the editor. Yes, twitter, the Post, and the NY Times have power, the power of a free press to influence people's opinions (on political matters, for example). The Post and the NY Times can also be held liable for printing slander or incitement to violence/sedition. IMO, social media should also be held liable for e-publishing slander or incitement to violence/sedition.

Why does one constantly have to explain to you perfectly simple facts which are so bloody obvious that one wonders how you made it through public (that's state-funded, for you Brits) schooling? Are you that dense, were you one of the children left behind in Bush's vision of a great society, or were you home schooled ??
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 00:02
    @moonbus said
    @Earl-of-Trumps

If twitter decision makers knew then what they know now, they might have come to a different decision, but given what they thought they knew then and what appeared plausible then, I don’t s ...[text shortened]... een published then.

I'm not attacking Twitter, I'm going after our INTEL people, who are under the DoJ
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 00:11
    Tell me the difference:

1. WikiLeaks releases information detrimental to Hilaty Clinton's election in 2016

2. Several former CIA heads and other officials swear that the Hunter Biden laptop information was Russian disinformation.

give up? Reveal Hidden Content
    WikiLeaks told the truth
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 01:49
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Tell me the difference:

1. WikiLeaks releases information detrimental to Hilaty Clinton's election in 2016

2. Several former CIA heads and other officials swear that the Hunter Biden laptop information was Russian disinformation.

give up? Hidden content removed
    How about:

The information that Wikileaks released were stolen by a foreign military and given to Wikileaks to influence a US election?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 03:23
    Uncontrollable Foreign Influence?

Republicans Fault.

Domestic Influence?

Oh no that's normal and ok 🙄
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 06:42
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I'm not attacking Twitter, I'm going after our INTEL people, who are under the DoJ
    The last time an FBI director made a comment on a political figure, he got fired. I can well understand why they're loath to make comments now.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 07:05
    @metal-brain said

Erection meddle?
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 07:31
    @earl-of-trumps said

[i]Leon Panetta, a former CIA director and defense secretary, John Brennan a former CIA director, Mike Hayden, ...[text shortened]... ials-who-said-hunter-biden-laptop-story-was-a-russian-operation-silent-after-twitter-files-released/
    The very first sentence in your post reveals your short-term memory.

Yeah, the Democratic Party installed Bill Barr to act as trump's firewall against the Mueller report, right?

And it was the Democratic Party that fired Jeff Sessions for recusing himself beforehand, correct?

That Republicans are still in the first stage of grief over trump's election loss should remind everyone of just how far they've fallen since the heady days of Reaganism.

Denial is such a temporary bed-fellow: Better to require an NDA. You know, just in case.

It's fun to watch these 80's era Conservatives struggling to accept the fact that... they're not the "cool kids" anymore!
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 08:451 edit
    @booger said
    Uncontrollable Foreign Influence?

Republicans Fault.

Domestic Influence?

Oh no that's normal and ok 🙄
    If a Texas billionaire gives money to anti-abortion candidates, that is perfectly legitimate lobbying. If a Russian oligarch does, that's illegal meddling. What part of foreign vs. domestic don't you understand?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 09:05
    @kevcvs57 said
    Hey idiot Twitter is US entity it cannot ‘meddle’ in US elections by definition
    RT on the other hand is a direct and integral part of the Kremlins propaganda operations anything it does regarding US elections and opinion making is by definition election meddling by a foreign power
    So it is only if a foreign power does it that makes it nefarious? Does that mean if BBC News America was to place ads on facebook that would be considered election meddling? Public television has BBC News America on their broadcast. Does that mean PBS is election meddling by promoting propaganda from a foreign power?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n13xtmgh

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree