1. Standard memberyo its meonline
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 09:33
    It's made people more aware of what privilege really is, I think.
    I hope it's at least sowed a seed for future generations to be more objective about the social structures in the world.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 10:103 edits
    There are a few cops who killed nonviolent unarmed black men that were arrested and wouldn't have been otherwise, like George Floyd's killer. This doesn't always result in convictions, but it has caused requirements for body camera use to increase, along with dashboard cameras. That also resulted in the convictions of cops who otherwise wouldn't have been caught.

Change, sadly, is slow when it comes to civil rights of minorities.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 10:28
    @yo-its-me said
    I hope it's at least sowed a seed for future generations to be more objective about the social structures in the world.
    Even if it’s been part of the process of change for some of the protestors it will have a positive impact on the future of any society in which they take place.
  4. Standard memberyo its meonline
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 11:47
    @vivify said
    There are a few cops who killed nonviolent unarmed black men that were arrested and wouldn't have been otherwise, like George Floyd's killer. This doesn't always result in convictions, but it has caused requirements for body camera use to increase, along with dashboard cameras. That also resulted in the convictions of cops who otherwise wouldn't have been caught.

Change, sadly, is slow when it comes to civil rights of minorities.
    That sounds positive. Yes, the police law enforcement issue over in the states is a whole other thing IMO.

It took almost a hundred years for women to get equal rights to vote in the UK, from 1832 when they were formally excluded to 1928 and the equal franchise act. So definitely true that change takes time. Specific things are easier to change- clearer for people to see the injustice. But somethings are a little more complex, a little deeper, like having a model African village in a children's zoo. I'm hopeful that the future generations will question the status quo, there were some really inspiring speeches from youngsters at the marches.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 23:16
    @yo-its-me said
    Yes ... Gun sales skyrocketed.
  6. Standard memberyo its meonline
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    28 Sep '20 10:39
    @rajk999 said
    Yes ... Gun sales skyrocketed.
    Really? That's depressing. In the states I take it?
  7. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    28 Sep '20 12:19
    @kevcvs57 said
    Even if it’s been part of the process of change for some of the protestors it will have a positive impact on the future of any society in which they take place.
    This woman disagrees:
    https://www.facebook.com/samRiddhi333/videos/10223021517824604/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree