1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 05:04
    @averagejoe1 said
    What about Romania? Could one even find it on a map?
    Most people can. Can you?

And what the fk is your problem with Romania anyways?
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 05:16
    And Romania, compared to the US:

Better 4G coverage.
    Better rail network.
    Much older buildings.

A history which dates back further than 1700 (or whenever the US was shat out by madhatter Christian fundamentalists).

Part of Europe (which makes it fundamentally superior to the US).

Culturally more interesting than the US.

However, the food is bloody attrocious. A US BBQ’d 500 gram steak beats that cabbage garbage hands down.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 18:58
    @shavixmir said
    Most people can. Can you?

And what the fk is your problem with Romania anyways?
    If Zahlanzi is bent on putting the usa down, we have to have EQUAlity, so i thought I’d throw out a fact to keep us equal.
    Romania disappears, may be a blip in the stock market for two days. If the USA disappears, no more much of anything for a long time, The news of it would go on for years. Just evening things out, you know.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 19:23
    @shavixmir said

Better 4G coverage.
    Better rail network.
    Much older buildings.

A history which dates back further than 1700 (or whenever the US was shat out by madhatter Christian fundamentalists).

However, the food is bloody attrocious. A US BBQ’d 500 gram steak beats that cabbage garbage hands down.
    Wasnt Jamestown aoround1619 AD? And have you noticed what the USA has DONE in these 400 years? Like, compared to, say, Romania?
    Just trying to maintain a level playing field.
  5. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 19:30
    Romania has done nothing.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 19:32
    @AverageJoe1
    PS: Beautiful places and beautiful people? Those are the first two things that pop up when you ask Google what is Romania best known for.
    ‘Nuff said. Think I’ll sign on to stay here for a few more years. Beauty? I just walked Wyoming tundra and sage hunting grouse in the shadow of the Tetons.
  7. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    27 Oct '21 19:33
    Romanian women are gorgeous.

That is all they have over there. 🤔
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 09:18
    @contenchess said
    Romania has done nothing.
    Adolf Albin was a Romanian chess player. Ever hear of the Albin Countergambit?

1. d4 d5
    2. c4 e5

Albin's best result was New York, 1893, where he finished second behind Emanuel Lasker.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 09:561 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Wasnt Jamestown aoround1619 AD? And have you noticed what the USA has DONE in these 400 years? Like, compared to, say, Romania?
    Just trying to maintain a level playing field.
    Enslaved and killed thousands and thousands of people?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 10:06
    @shavixmir said

Better 4G coverage.
    Better rail network.
    Much older buildings.

pff well whose fault is it if you compare a steak with anything containing cabbage.

we're a communist hellhole, the only meat we have is the half eaten rats we win fighting with stray cats.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 10:14
    @averagejoe1 said
    If Zahlanzi is bent on putting the usa down, we have to have EQUAlity, so i thought I’d throw out a fact to keep us equal.
    Romania disappears, may be a blip in the stock market for two days. If the USA disappears, no more much of anything for a long time, The news of it would go on for years. Just evening things out, you know.
    "If Zahlanzi is bent on putting the usa down, we have to have EQUAlity, so i thought I’d throw out a fact to keep us equal."
    we sure do buddy. We SHOULD disparage both countries equally since they are equal. Same GDP, same history
    We also stole vast tracts of land from natives, we both had access to the same natural resources, we both grew as countries on our own damn continent without any real rivals to compete with.

We have the same impact on the world today. So you SHOULD compare the US with Romania and feel good when you find areas you have it beat. As
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 12:04
    @zahlanzi said
    "If Zahlanzi is bent on putting the usa down, we have to have EQUAlity, so i thought I’d throw out a fact to keep us equal."
    we sure do buddy. We SHOULD disparage both countries equally since they are equal. Same GDP, same history
    We also stole vast tracts of land from natives, we both had access to the same natural resources, we both grew as countries on our own damn cont ...[text shortened]... ay. So you SHOULD compare the US with Romania and feel good when you find areas you have it beat. As
    Dont get this as a response. I’ll rephrase….. which country would be missed the most?
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 12:14
    @averagejoe1 said
    Dont get this as a response. I’ll rephrase….. which country would be missed the most?
    I didn't answer your stupid hypothetical because it's just that, stupid. What do you want to hear? that 300 million people disappearing will have a larger impact than 20? That the number 1 military and economic power is going to obviously impact the world?

Does that make you feel better? Do non-idiotic americans feel better about not having health care because in the impossible scenario that the US suddenly disappears tomorrow , it will destabilize the world? Who, aside from the very dumb, feels better that the US has (at least for now) the most economic and military power in the world but they can't feed their families? I would have thought it would make them feel worse. Musk just made 30+ billion dollars in a single day. Should the american who is facing bankruptcy over medical bills feel good about it? I bet a graph somewhere depicting how the stock market is doing went slightly up. Can a hungry american make soup out of that fact?

So no, you're not impressing anyone with "America no1" bullsht. If anything, that hurts your stance. America is doing well so why aren't americans?
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 14:351 edit
    @suzianne said
    Enslaved and killed thousands and thousands of people?
    Yeah, and the latest horrible bloody thing we have done is allow an invasion of our sovereignty by aliens, who have begun sucking up our resources that Trump had earmarked for our own citizens. You know, Sue, you and your contemporaries can rail on about past history, but what i write here is happening now..
    And do you say thousands of people? The illegal aliens number quite a bit more, and. Suzianne, they are dam expensive, and diseased.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Oct '21 14:49
    @zahlanzi said
    I didn't answer your stupid hypothetical because it's just that, stupid. What do you want to hear? that 300 million people disappearing will have a larger impact than 20? That the number 1 military and economic power is going to obviously impact the world?

Does that make you feel better? Do non-idiotic americans feel better about not having health care because in the imp ...[text shortened]... ca no1" bullsht. If anything, that hurts your stance. America is doing well so why aren't americans?
    OK , so no one is impressed with my hypothetical. It still stands that one country has less importance on this planet then another one does. So the lesser country might think twice about knocking the more impressive country.
    Zahlanzi, i note you mention a Rich person, Musk. Why? And in a demeaning way. A man who is changing the world. Tell me this, do you want to punish his success? How would you do that? How would you have punished Edison for his inventions, had it brought him untold wealth? What would you and Suzianne do to Musk to have him stop making money, stop being successful?? How far would you go before you think he would say to hell with it, I am going to stop contributing my expertise to society?
    And why won’t you answer this question, like a grown-up in a coat and tie sitting in a board room?
    Not be silly. You see, Suzianne would write back “I don’t wear a coat and tie”. This is where you fellas ruin debates.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree