Moves
    26 Oct '21 01:07
    @contenchess said
    I won.

You're saying China is better.

Everyone knows you're wrong.

It wasn't even a debate...

Go to China and visit the ulghars πŸ™„
    Of course you won, you are such a master debater.
  2. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 01:48
    @kmax87 said
    Of course you won, you are such a masterbater.
    Spying on me again?πŸ€”
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 02:151 edit
    @kmax87 said
    Of course you won, you are such a master debater.
    I’m not being a smart as-. but what lib here is a master debater.....in that y’all never answer questions? One issue yesterday put a question out, and a respondent said I am not going to answer it.
    Would such s person be a debater?
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 02:18
    @Average
    Off subject, but I caught a 24” Rainbow today. ( this is sports talk, libs need not respond). Everyone please stay on subject.
  5. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 02:23
    @averagejoe1 said
    @Average
    Off subject, but I caught a 24” Rainbow today. ( this is sports talk, libs need not respond). Everyone please stay on subject.
    I'm more of a Pickerel kind of guy if I'm catching and eating.

Yall call them Walleye πŸ™„
  6. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 02:26
    I'll take a can of sardines in mustard first though πŸ˜‹
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 02:561 edit
    @moonbus said
    a) The Debates Forum is going downhill. Discuss why. I suggested Americo-centric monotony.

b) There is a very large world outside the USA. For example, China, the super-power in waiting. In some respects, has probably already surpassed the USA but they're too modest (or too canny) to crow about it.
    I totally agree.
    The right-wing US contingency on this forum are unable to discuss situations outside of the US.
    Within two or three posts it’s already steered back to the US political divide.

So, even rational debates on say Poland, get dragged into Roe vs Wade. And it’s a complete toxic waste of time.

On one level, it’s this evangelical pursuit they have to spread their political (and quite nutty) political beliefs.

On another level, they have this ingrained belief that their country is the best in the world and that God is on their side. Why should they consider anything outside of the US worthwhile?

On yet another level, I just don’t think many of them have knowledge, feeling, understanding or experience of anything outside of their tiny world.

The mere fact they call the democrats “leftist” is completely bizarre on the scale of world politics.

When talking about France they may have seen a movie or watched Emily in Paris or something. But they’ve never driven the Route Napoleon and they’ve never sipped wine in Montmartre.
    Basically, they’re way out of their depths. They feel that (although they probably can’t pinpoint what the feeling is) and steer conversations back to their safe zones.

Instead of either choosing not to participate (one doesn’t need to form an opinion about everything) or just enquiring to get more information and become more aware of the differences in the world.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 03:32
    @shavixmir said
    I totally agree.
    The right-wing US contingency on this forum are unable to discuss situations outside of the US.

So, even rational debates on say Poland, get dragged into Roe vs Wade. And it’s a complete toxic waste of time.

On one level, it’s this evangelical pursuit they have to spread ...[text shortened]... ng) or just enquiring to get more information and become more aware of the differences in the world.
    What surprises me is that Chess is usually associated with intelligence and a rounded education, but as our rabid right wing forum regulars demonstrate, maybe not.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 04:19
    @kmax87 said
    What surprises me is that Chess is usually associated with intelligence and a rounded education, but as our rabid right wing forum regulars demonstrate, maybe not.
    I’ve often pointed out the irony of a chess debate forum attracting so many right-wing America nutjobs.

To be honest though, there are only about 4 or 5 of them, with at least one returning every couple of months with a new name.
    They’re just very vocal. Like those monkeys in a zoo.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 06:201 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    I only spoke the truth…got a problem with the truth?
    So you understand the differnce between "truth" and "my opinion"?

The "greatest" is always a matter of definition. care to define a "great" nation?
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 06:39
    @contenchess said
    @kmax87

If I had to choose between prison in the USA or China I would take the USA prison.
    What would you take?
    I spent almost 10 years in max.
    You probably cry when you get a speeding ticket.

You live in the USA. If you really thought China was better you would be there 😏

Rich people in the USA don't have goons drag me away in the middle of the night.

C ...[text shortened]... who will do that.

You're just an unsuccessful American who blames his country for his failures. πŸ™„
    I don't contend that China is a nicer place to live for the average citizen. I do contend that it's an economic powerhouse which will very likely surpass the USA in the next 50 years in terms of output and world influence. They are reaching out to African countries, for example, with enormous projects which will reap huge benefits for themselves (access to natural resources), while America frittered away trillions in futile foreign wars (Iraq, Afghanistan), alienating potential allies (such as the Kurds).
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 06:451 edit
    @shavixmir said
    I totally agree.

On one level, it’s this evangelical pursuit they have to spread ...[text shortened]... ng) or just enquiring to get more information and become more aware of the differences in the world.
    When my wife-to-be was a teenager, she spent a year as an exchange student with a family in Iowa. They were wonderful people, friendly, welcoming, they were still in contact with her decades later -- and thoroughly provincial. They asked her whether there were refrigerators in the country she came from (Germany). No kidding, they really did not know. Fertilizer for brains. How did they put a man on the moon??

Oh, wait . . . some of them don't believe they did.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 07:42
    @contenchess said
    You're Australian?

Dude...You're a non issue.
    An irrelevant country.

Go sit down.
    It would’ve been quicker and more macho to just say you win
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 07:46
    @contenchess said
    You're Australian?

Dude...You're a non issue.
    An irrelevant country.

Go sit down.
    It's a continent. That's like writing off Africa or Eurasia.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Oct '21 07:50
    @moonbus said
    It's a continent. That's like writing off Africa or Eurasia.
    You probably did not consult the correct world map:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-world-according-to/photos/page/5

πŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree