1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 23:40
    @divegeester said
    Well I guess we can’t trust experts can we, we should all ask you what you think.
    That was a political decision and you know it.

No "expert" is going to tell you no one dies of COVID19 more than 28 days after a positive test.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Oct '20 23:42
    @divegeester said
    On your scale of “deadliness” with COVID19 being “far deadlier”, than the flu how “deadly” is say Ebola? “Deadly and beyond”?

How “deadly” is the common cold coronavirus? That kills a few people.
    This would matter .......................................... why again?

I think my answer is sufficient to your question and I have no interest in pursuing your red herrings any further.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Oct '20 00:161 edit
    @divegeester said
    On your scale of “deadliness” with COVID19 being “far deadlier”, than the flu how “deadly” is say Ebola? “Deadly and beyond”?

How “deadly” is the common cold coronavirus? That kills a few people.
    It's a little difficult to say what the lethality of the common cold is, as the deaths are classed as viral pneumonia. Ebola is certainly more lethal to those infected than covid but seems to burn itself out - I'm not aware of it spreading outside of a country where there's been an outbreak, but I haven't investigated. The measles is both more lethal (IFR ~ 5%.) and more transmissible than Covid, except that vaccination programs keep it suppressed. The difference is that we don't have a vaccine for Covid.

Also, a discussion based solely on deaths misses the problem that a significant number of covid survivors survive with lung damage.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Oct '20 00:33
    @no1marauder said

No "expert" is going to tell you no one dies of COVID19 more than 28 days after a positive test.
    Well yes, but you'll be hard pressed to find an expert who'll attribute a death outside hospital to CoViD more than 28 days after a test. The proximate cause is liable to be MI brought about the stress of having the illness, but can said expert be certain it wouldn't have happened anyway? Other possible CoViD related deaths include falls, I'm imagining an elderly person with neurological damage from the virus. While the government's decision to alter the headline figure might have been driven by a desire to reduce the figures I doubt that you'll get an unequivocal answer from one about whether it was the right thing to do or not.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Oct '20 14:05
    @no1marauder
    I think in his muddled mind he thinks he has come across a new meme, since he has repeated that crap covid X4 a bunch of times already, and recorded on camera.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Oct '20 14:06
    @DeepThought
    Now we know it is giving more than lung damage, now shown kidneys and heart are attacked also.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    27 Oct '20 17:57
    @sonhouse said
    @DeepThought
    Now we know it is giving more than lung damage, now shown kidneys and heart are attacked also.
    And studies indicate that intelligence and IQ scores decrease after a bout with the virus.
    Which kind of explains the Trump rallies.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 04:20
    @no1marauder said
    This would matter .......................................... why again?

I think my answer is sufficient to your question and I have no interest in pursuing your red herrings any further.
    Suit yourself.

But it matters your flowery rhetoric of “deadly disease” is irrelevant. Even another poster on your side of the debate agreed!

Of course you know this but just don’t like being called on it.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 04:21
    @no1marauder said

Political how?
    If it’s wasn’t a conspiracy to manipulate the data, the what was it.
    You just don’t like it that’s all.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 08:24
    @divegeester said
    Political how?
    If it’s wasn’t a conspiracy to manipulate the data, the what was it.
    You just don’t like it that’s all.
    It depends how hard and fast the rule is.
    If it says that you can go into hospital with covid and then die 2 months later on a ventilator then yes it’s a manipulation or at least a misrepresentation of the data. I don’t think it qualifies as a conspiracy though, it’s not like it was done in secret by unknown actors.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 08:361 edit
    I don’t particularly care how they manipulate the statistics, I don’t have any confidence in the numbers nor the governments ability to navigate the crisis.

What I care about is what is happening to the economy, and eventually so will everyone who is calling for further lockdowns when the reality of what is happening bites hard enough and into their lives, livelihoods, homes, social services etc.

I’ve already stated my theory on why is the left want to see the restrictions bite harder and harder.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 08:56
    @divegeester said
    I don’t particularly care how they manipulate the statistics, I don’t have any confidence in the numbers nor the governments ability to navigate the crisis.

What I care about is what is happening to the economy, and eventually so will everyone who is calling for further lockdowns when the reality of what is happening bites hard enough and into their lives, livelihoods ...[text shortened]... ’ve already stated my theory on why is the left want to see the restrictions bite harder and harder.
    Implimement no measures then.

It’s the UK. I’m sure it will work out fine for you all...
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 09:08
    @shavixmir said
    Implimement no measures then.
    Yes...because that is the only other option isn’t it!

🙄
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 10:16
    @divegeester said
    Yes...because that is the only other option isn’t it!

🙄
    The UK’s fukked anyways.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 10:27
    @divegeester said

What I care about is what is happening to the economy, and eventually so will everyone who is calling for further lockdowns when the reality of what is happening bites hard enough and into their lives, livelihoods ...[text shortened]... ’ve already stated my theory on why is the left want to see the restrictions bite harder and harder.
    Yes but it is just a right wing theory though, I’ll stick with the advice of them damned experts and let others toss the bones and read the tea leaves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree