1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 18:111 edit
    @vivify said
    The Wuhan lab conspiracy theory has gained a lot of traction as something that actually happened.
    Lab leak is not a conspiracy theory.

If you want to add that Bill Gates and Tony Fauci in cahoots intentionally leaked it, and make it a bio-weapon and sprinkle in some geopolitical intrigue and a coverup, then you've got a conspiracy theory.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 18:241 edit
    @metal-brain said
    There are a lot, but they are usually called scandals, affair or crisis instead. Here is a list. Many of them are conspiracies of silence.

Operation Mockingbird
    The Watergate scandal
    The Gulf of Tonkin Incident
    The savings and loan crisis
    The Iran-Contra affair
    Operation Ajax
    Project Coast
    Operation Paperclip
    Tuskegee Syphilis Study
    The CIA developed a heart ...[text shortened]... -part-01-of-04/view

I could go on and on. I didn't even include assassinations like Julius Ceasar
    We've been over this before. Many of these are conspiracies, but they are not conspiracy theories. Watergate, as it is reported and known in the history books, was not and is not a conspiracy theory. The story of Watergate was released through investigative reporting and witness testimony and hard evidence.

The term "watergate conspiracy theory" refers to the variety of crank hypotheses that the conspirators were actually victims of an insidious deep state plot to take out Nixon. That, of course, is not true, or at least has not been proven correct.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 00:28
    @ponderable said
    So Hitler being in Argentina proved to be true? (your fbi-link) When was that. last time I looked itw as reported that the guy shot himself and the corpse was burned. Identifictaion was done via the dentals...
    Are you denying the FOIA FBI information is true?
    It is either true or false. Which is it?
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 00:30
    @wildgrass said
    We've been over this before. Many of these are conspiracies, but they are not conspiracy theories. Watergate, as it is reported and known in the history books, was not and is not a conspiracy theory. The story of Watergate was released through investigative reporting and witness testimony and hard evidence.

The term "watergate conspiracy theory" refers to the variety of ...[text shortened]... state plot to take out Nixon. That, of course, is not true, or at least has not been proven correct.
    When were we over this before? I don't recall ever going over this subject before? Are you making that up?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 07:00
    @mott-the-hoople said
    most recently...fauci conspiring with chinese military to create a supervirus (military weapon) that was released on the world when chinese and democrats were in a bad situation.
    He said, "turned out to be valid", not residing only in your "Big Book of Republican Fairy Tales".

Stop listening to Tucker Carlson.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 09:55
    @mott-the-hoople said
    open your eyes and you will see it
    It doesn't work thus. The thread is about consipracy theories proven to be correct, so the person should be able to give a proof that would stand in court.

A bit more work than just saying :"I am right and if you don't see that you are dumb"
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 09:57
    @eladar said
    Covid just happened to appear in Wuhan which just happened to have a lab that was studying bat viruses. It happened to start spreading late in Trump's term in office and was in full swing at the time of the election.

All of this is coincidence.
    So where is the proof of the conspiracy that fauci played any part?

And you just named what we could call "circumstancial evidence" but none of that makes a proof. Would you as a judge rule, that there was no doubt? Really?
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 10:00
    @metal-brain said
    Are you denying the FOIA FBI information is true?
    It is either true or false. Which is it?
    Yes I deny that this document reports truth. It is "just" a shred of collected "intelligence". You would have to proove that Hitler did not die in berlin April 1945. best you start by telling us wehre he is interred (I think we can agree that the guy can't be alive still?)
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 22:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '21 23:21
    @ponderable said
    It doesn't work thus. The thread is about consipracy theories proven to be correct, so the person should be able to give a proof that would stand in court.

A bit more work than just saying :"I am right and if you don't see that you are dumb"
    circumstantial evidence such as this will stand in court
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '21 03:33
    @wildgrass said

The term "watergate conspiracy theory" refers to the variety of ...[text shortened]... state plot to take out Nixon. That, of course, is not true, or at least has not been proven correct.
    Some of them are conspiracy theories. Some of them are conspiracies, but not theories. Some started out as conspiracy theories and are now simply conspiracies proved correct.
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    14 Aug '21 03:48
    @vivify Yes, the CIA coined the term and gave negative connotation to "conspiracy theory".
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Aug '21 04:40
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Such as WHAT circumstantial evidence are you talking about?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree