1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 18:54
    Are there any conspiracy theories long believed to be dubious that actually turned out to be valid?
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 18:56
    @vivify said
    Are there any conspiracy theories long believed to be dubious that actually turned out to be valid?
    Yes. That Metalbrain was dropped on his head as a kid.
    Turns out it’s the only possible explanation for our suffering.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 18:581 edit
    @shavixmir said
    Yes. That Metalbrain was dropped on his head as a kid.
    Turns out it’s the only possible explanation for our suffering.
    Or the metal brain that replaced his damaged one gave him lead poisoning.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Jul '21 19:01
    Although, I believe MK Ultra turned out to be partially true and was for a reasonable time “a conspiracy”.

But most true conspiracies are things like government eaves dropping and things like that.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 04:07
    @vivify said
    There are a lot, but they are usually called scandals, affair or crisis instead. Here is a list. Many of them are conspiracies of silence.

Operation Mockingbird
    The Watergate scandal
    The Gulf of Tonkin Incident
    The savings and loan crisis
    The Iran-Contra affair
    Operation Ajax
    Project Coast
    Operation Paperclip
    Tuskegee Syphilis Study
    The CIA developed a heart attack gun
    The NSA was and is spying on all of us (Snowden)
    Contaminated polio vaccines spread a cancer-causing virus
    Operation Popeye
    Operation Northwoods (John F. Kennedy, who was the President at the time, put a stop to this planned operation)

Here is one you will not believe unless you read it yourself.

https://vault.fbi.gov/adolf-hitler/adolf-hitler-part-01-of-04/view

I could go on and on. I didn't even include assassinations like Julius Ceasar
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 04:23
    @metal-brain said
    There are a lot, but they are usually called scandals, affair or crisis instead. Here is a list. Many of them are conspiracies of silence.

Operation Mockingbird
    The Watergate scandal
    The Iran-Contra affair
    Operation Ajax
    Project Coast
    Operation Paperclip
    Tuskegee Syphilis Study
    The CIA developed a heart ...[text shortened]... -part-01-of-04/view

Surely many of these things are things that happened. What was the conspiracy that turned out to be true?

Take Julius Ceasar. What conspiracy theory turned out to be true. He knew he had enemies and gambled.

Take Watergate. Was there a conspiracy before hand that Nixon was screaming insanities and eaves dropping on democrats? Or did someone see lights on in an office?

The heart attack gun? Spray or dart? Whatever. Hardly a bloody conspiracy. Much like the Bulgarian umbrella tips.
    True. Not a conspiracy. Just something that happened.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 06:26
    @shavixmir said
    Surely many of these things are things that happened. What was the conspiracy that turned out to be true?

Take Julius Ceasar. What conspiracy theory turned out to be true. He knew he had enemies and gambled.

Take Watergate. Was there a conspiracy before hand that Nixon was screaming insanities and eaves dropping on democrats? Or did someone see lights on in an office? ...[text shortened]... iracy. Much like the Bulgarian umbrella tips.
    True. Not a conspiracy. Just something that happened.
    I said "Many of them are conspiracies of silence".

Can't you read?

Julius Ceasar was killed by every senator. They all took turns stabbing him to death. That means every senator conspired to assassinate him.

Did you read the FOIA link about Hitler?
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 10:30
    @metal-brain said
    I said "Many of them are conspiracies of silence".

Can't you read?

Julius Ceasar was killed by every senator. They all took turns stabbing him to death. That means every senator conspired to assassinate him.

Did you read the FOIA link about Hitler?
    Every senator are you sure because there were loads of them that would not even have been in the senate that day.
    Even if true it wouldn’t have been a conspiracy theory just a conspiracy to kill a despot.
    Qanon that type of conspiracy theory and the Gates trying to microchip everyone via vaccines these are the types of conspiracy theories people are referring to when talking about conspiracy theories.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:00
    @vivify said
    The Wuhan lab conspiracy theory has gained a lot of traction as something that actually happened.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 12:24
    @metal-brain said

Operation Mockingbird
    The Watergate scandal
    The Iran-Contra affair
    Operation Ajax
    Project Coast
    Operation Paperclip
    Tuskegee Syphilis Study
    The CIA developed a heart ...[text shortened]... -part-01-of-04/view

So Hitler being in Argentina proved to be true? (your fbi-link) When was that. last time I looked itw as reported that the guy shot himself and the corpse was burned. Identifictaion was done via the dentals...
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 14:06
    @vivify said
    most recently...fauci conspiring with chinese military to create a supervirus (military weapon) that was released on the world when chinese and democrats were in a bad situation.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 15:47
    @mott-the-hoople said
    most recently...fauci conspiring with chinese military to create a supervirus (military weapon) that was released on the world when chinese and democrats were in a bad situation.
    The proof being?
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 17:30
    @ponderable said
    The proof being?
    open your eyes and you will see it
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 17:33
    @mott-the-hoople said
    open your eyes and you will see it
    Covid just happened to appear in Wuhan which just happened to have a lab that was studying bat viruses. It happened to start spreading late in Trump's term in office and was in full swing at the time of the election.

All of this is coincidence.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 17:51
    @eladar said
    Covid just happened to appear in Wuhan which just happened to have a lab that was studying bat viruses. It happened to start spreading late in Trump's term in office and was in full swing at the time of the election.

All of this is coincidence.
    and the fact obama restarted this dangerous research with a communist state

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2014/10/17/doing-diligence-assess-risks-and-benefits-life-sciences-gain-function-research

insurance policy if you will

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree