1. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 09:35
    @no1marauder said
    Of course, there is a lot of systemic racism directed towards blacks but you don't seem to have much of a problem with that. But ideas like yours are slowing dying out and most of us are thankful for that.
    The struggle for black Americans is a cultural struggle more than any struggle against institutionalized racism. Success is determined by one's own efforts and the hand that one's family provides through enculturation, in addition to the contributions of local institutions.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:42
    @philokalia said
    The struggle for black Americans is a cultural struggle more than any struggle against institutionalized racism. Success is determined by one's own efforts and the hand that one's family provides through enculturation, in addition to the contributions of local institutions.
    So racism has no effects at all according to a white nationalist.

No surprise there.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 14:04
    @philokalia said
    it's a culture thing, bruh. blacks just don't want to escape poverty. they would much rather live in poor neighborhoods, with high crime and leaded water

/sarcasm
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 22:11
    @zahlanzi said
    "What ever happened to: "You have the wrong idea, and this is why."?"
    Nothing happened to it. Just that whoever still feeds you the notion that cancel culture is a thing that has replaced any civil discourse is lying to you and only offers you the bad examples.

In this very thread you hear the conservative whine about "the left" murdering free speech and then at the end ...[text shortened]... m to be. Why would you claim a few sensitive students on some campus are representative of the left?
    You hear people screaming on the internet, you think they are representative of the group they claim to belong to. That's your mistake.

I do? How did you determine that? Why are you making that allegation?

Why would you claim a few sensitive students on some campus are representative of the left?

I haven't made any such claim. Why would you insinuate that I had?

No problems with the rest of your post, but in the last two paragraphs you did go off the rails.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 22:36
    @caesar-salad said
    You hear people screaming on the internet, you think they are representative of the group they claim to belong to. That's your mistake.

I do? How did you determine that? Why are you making that allegation?

Why would you claim a few sensitive students on some campus are representative of the left?

I haven't made any such claim. Why would you insinu ...[text shortened]...

No problems with the rest of your post, but in the last two paragraphs you did go off the rails.
    so you agree both sides of the spectrum have their easily offended snowflakes who would rather voices be silences than arguing with them. Very well, i misunderstood you. My bad.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 23:14
    @zahlanzi said
    so you agree both sides of the spectrum have their easily offended snowflakes who would rather voices be silences than arguing with them. Very well, i misunderstood you. My bad.
    I wish you would stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Otherwise, I accept your apology. Maybe we have misunderstood each other and agree more than not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree