1. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 16:161 edit
    @eladar said
    84? He lived a long life. I hope to make it to 84.
    I wonder if many others share your hope?
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 16:33
    @shavixmir said
    See, even a pandemic has a positive side.
    Go Covid!
    Powell was a good man and a good soldier, only faulted for
    being too loyal to G.W. & company's Iraq invasion, which
    he later apologized for. He probably could have
    become president. Despite his lifelong friendship
    with John McCain, he abandoned the Republican Party
    and endorsed Barack Obama for president. Many historians
    credit his endorsement for Obama's victory.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 16:35
    @mott-the-hoople said
    so if enough people go along it becomes ok? it was his job to know
    So you get to define his life failing to discern that a position taken by every other major statesman in position to know also held was mistaken?

I don't think you'd want to be judged by that standard.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 16:36
    @shavixmir said
    He is the one who sold the blatant lie to the UN.
    And, yes, I hold Bush and Blair equally reaponsible.
    It's not a lie if you believe it.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 17:52
    @sh76 said
    It's not a lie if you believe it.
    Did he fk!

He knew he was lying. His intelligence services and the UN were telling him so.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 18:532 edits
    @sh76 said
    The revisionist history on this issue is truly amazing.

That everyone conveniently forgets that pretty much every major politician (at least in the US) took the position that Iraq had or was developing WMDs.

""In the next century, the community of nations may see more and more the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to ...[text shortened]...
    Blaming Powell for echoing what pretty much every powerful American politician believed is absurd.
    Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil. Ex 23:2.

There were others who knew better. Hans Blix, for example, but he was actively silenced.

There were others in the intelligence community who knew their assessment was being deliberately misinterpreted by politicians.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 19:41
    @sh76 said
    So you get to define his life failing to discern that a position taken by every other major statesman in position to know also held was mistaken?

I don't think you'd want to be judged by that standard.
    it was his job to know, at the least he failed his job duty.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 00:28
    @sonhouse said
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/health/colin-powell-multiple-myeloma-covid-19-wellness/index.html
    He was fully vaccinated and died from covid anyway.
    He must have missed the memo to not get the gene vaccine.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 00:311 edit
    @sh76 said
    RIP

A great man and American hero.
    He blamed Iraq for the anthrax mailings only for us to find out later the anthrax came from a US lab. Then Mueller went on a witch hunt after an innocent man, Seven Hatfill. Then Ivins.

Colin was either an evil piece of crap, or a patsy. Take your pick.
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 00:41
    @divegeester said
    Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this the guy who lied to the United Nations in order to secure support for the Iraq War?

Which btw achieved the grand sum of no positive outcomes, destabilised the entire middle-east, created an upswell in anti-west sentiment, drove the terrorist agenda, triggered a landslide of refugee and economic migration and created hardship for millions upon millions of people.

If I’m misrepresenting his key impact please correct me.
    No, he just mouthed the words given
    him by 'your boys' G.W. & CHENEY
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 01:02
    @jimm619 said
    I wonder if many others share your hope?
    I wonder if karma gets you.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 03:20
    He was fully vaccinated and died from covid anyway, but the gene vaccine keeps people out of the hospital.

No matter what the statistics say if you see people are dying from covid who were fully vaccinated you might want to question how they count those statistics. He is not the only one. Brent Yonts died from covid after being fully vaccinated.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-kentucky-state-rep-dies-from-covid-19-he-was-fully-vaccinated-his-loved-ones-say/ar-AANxGLu

Broadway Actor Alvin Ing Dies of Breakthrough COVID-19 Complications

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/broadway-actor-alvin-ing-dies-of-breakthrough-covid-19-complications-at-age-89/ar-AAMUpud

Marc Pilcher dies of COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/bridgerton-hair-makeup-artist-marc-pilcher-dies-of-covid-19

4,493 Fully Vaccinated Americans Have Died Of COVID-19: CDC

https://www.ibtimes.com/4493-fully-vaccinated-americans-have-died-covid-19-cdc-3306466
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 03:40
    https://rumble.com/vnyh78-colin-powell-war-criminal-loved-by-the-establishment.html
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 04:08
    @sh76 said
    The revisionist history on this issue is truly amazing.

That everyone conveniently forgets that pretty much every major politician (at least in the US) took the position that Iraq had or was developing WMDs.

""In the next century, the community of nations may see more and more the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to ...[text shortened]...
    Blaming Powell for echoing what pretty much every powerful American politician believed is absurd.
    Not Ron Paul.
    Former United Nations weapons inspector Scott Ritter spoke out against the propaganda and the corporate news media largely ignored him after that.

https://consortiumnews.com/2021/10/18/scott-ritter-powell-iraq-regime-change-not-disarmament-the-fundamental-lie/

Just because you never heard the people that were telling the truth doesn't mean they were not trying to be heard.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 08:12
    @shavixmir said
    Did he fk!

He knew he was lying. His intelligence services and the UN were telling him so.
    You keep saying that but a link would be handy, somebody was definitely lying but was it Powel?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree