1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 19:461 edit
    Alaska is leading the low-temperature states with an increase in the number of infections, with 123 new cases per 100,000 residents on a seven-day rolling average. Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and North Dakota also are seeing a rise in infections as the weather cools, reducing opportunities to socialize outdoors and limiting physical distancing.

States in the northeastern region of the country also have experienced an increase in infection numbers over the past seven days. New Hampshire, Illinois, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island have recorded increases in infections, according to Post data.

The data mirrors trends of last fall and winter when new-case numbers diminished in Southern states that were hit hard by the virus before it devastated colder-weather states.

My source for this degenerate attribution of COVID cases to something other than illicit gatherings, indecent face exposure or other sinful behavior? I'll give you a hint. It's not Breitbart or Daily Wire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/10/19/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/

Anyone still watching Florida? Despite the "DeathSantis" push against school mask and vaccine mandates and 2 months after school opened, COVID is still in an un-arrested free-fall. Infections per capita are at Spring-low levels and still falling fast (0.54 Rt according to covidestim). Before too long, Florida could be best in the USA in new infections per capita.

At least small fragments of the mainstream media are finally starting to acknowledge the obvious after weeks of doubtlessly hoping for a rebound or high plateau in the Sunshine State.

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-covid-cases-among-lowest-country-two-months-after-record-high-surge-1639985

https://news.yahoo.com/desantis-critics-fall-silent-floridas-110000651.html?guccounter=1&guce
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 20:21
    You do realise that infection rates are no longer the actual issue.
    Hospital and IC numbers are. And 85% of those are unvaccinated.

That is the health crisis this Winter.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 21:08
    @shavixmir said

I also think that people who are double vaccinated are less likely to get tested.
    So the infections may be under reported.

And yes.
    The real statistic is hospitalizations and deaths.
    And those are >90% driven by unvaccinated people.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 23:37
    I was unvaccinated, got sick and never went to the hospital. Must be something other than vaccination involved.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 00:391 edit
    @sh76 said
    [quote]Alaska is leading the low-temperature states with an increase in the number of infections, with 123 new cases per 100,000 residents on a seven-day rolling average. Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and North Dakota also are seeing a rise in infections as the weather cools, reducing opportunities to socialize outdoors and limiting physical distancing.

States in the northeastern r ...[text shortened]... 985

https://news.yahoo.com/desantis-critics-fall-silent-floridas-110000651.html?guccounter=1&guce
    I saw this news story and immediately knew you would post it here.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 02:42
    @shavixmir said

Infection rates measure how effective a vaccine is. It is an important issue.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 02:49
    @metal-brain said
    Infection rates measure how effective a vaccine is. It is an important issue.
    No they don’t.
    Vaccines slow down infection rates, but they primarily stop you from getting very ill.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 03:01
    @shavixmir said
    No they don’t.
    Vaccines slow down infection rates, but they primarily stop you from getting very ill.
    You need to measure spread of the virus, not just illness. How do you know the gene vaccines slow down infection rates if you don't count all infections?

You just proved infection rates are very important by claiming the gene vaccines slow them down. The CDC does not count all infections of the vaccinated, but they do count all infections of the unvaccinated.

You are an apologist for counting infections of the vaccinated differently than the unvaccined. Then you make a false claim based on that corrupted data. How do you know the gene vaccines slow down infection rates?
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 03:03
    @metal-brain said
    You need to measure spread of the virus, not just illness. How do you know the gene vaccines slow down infection rates if you don't count all infections?

You just proved infection rates are very important by claiming the gene vaccines slow them down. The CDC does not count all infections of the vaccinated, but they do count all infections of the unvaccinated.

You ar ...[text shortened]... lse claim based on that corrupted data. How do you know the gene vaccines slow down infection rates?
    🚨🚧Moronity of Gop alert!🚧🚨
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 03:08
    @shavixmir said
    You came to a conclusion based on corrupted data you said wasn't important.
    You are an idiot!
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 03:16
    @metal-brain said
    You came to a conclusion based on corrupted data you said wasn't important.
    You are an idiot!
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 05:241 edit
    @sh76 said
    [quote]Alaska is leading the low-temperature states with an increase in the number of infections, with 123 new cases per 100,000 residents on a seven-day rolling average. Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and North Dakota also are seeing a rise in infections as the weather cools, reducing opportunities to socialize outdoors and limiting physical distancing.

States in the northeastern r ...[text shortened]... 985

New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine have high increases in cases in the past week.
    Notice New Mexico with a similar increase despite being in the south.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2021/sep/02/covid-19-coronavirus-us-map-latest-cases-state-by-state

New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine also have relatively high vaccination rates.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

I noticed that Alaska has a high case rate, yet a relatively lower death rate. Isn't that interesting?
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 12:42
    @eladar said
    I was unvaccinated, got sick and never went to the hospital. Must be something other than vaccination involved.
    So that was COVID after all a few weeks ago?
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 12:50
    @wildgrass said
    I saw this news story and immediately knew you would post it here.
    Good for you.

I wouldn't feel the need to keep rubbing this in people's faces if politicians weren't still trying to let fear of a mostly preventable* mostly treatable disease run our society for years on end.

Can we all basically agree that if you're fully vaxxed, COVID is basically the flu? i.e., it may make you sick, but you'll probably be fine unless you're very old or have serious comorbidities, in which case there are many things that can kill you, not just COVID.

So, why the F are children being forced to eat lunch outside in the rain and why do I have to show my papers to get into a NYC salad bar?

* When I say "mostly preventable," I mean serious illness, not "preventable" as in "you won't get a cold."
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 16:43
    @sh76 said
    Good for you.

I wouldn't feel the need to keep rubbing this in people's faces if politicians weren't still trying to let fear of a mostly preventable* mostly treatable disease run our society for years on end.

Can we all basically agree that if you're fully vaxxed, COVID is basically the flu? i.e., it may make you sick, but you'll probably be fine unless you're very old o ...[text shortened]... I say "mostly preventable," I mean serious illness, not "preventable" as in "you won't get a cold."
    Children aren't vaccinated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree